The Student Room Group

I like the pope cos...

Just found this, and thought i'd share the love:

The Pope arrives in NYC for an important UN meeting. His flight is delayed, so he has only 15 minutes to get from JFK airport to the UN building. A car had of course has been arranged to pick him up -- he is, after all, the Pope.

The Pope tells the driver of his predicament, but the driver says that he will not violate the speed limit. So the Pope says "OK, OK, get in the back, I'll drive." The Pope floors it, weaving through traffic like a madman. Inevitably, even for the Pope, he sees flashing lights behind him, and has to pull over. The officer takes one look in the window, turns pale, and slowly walks back to his squad car.

He calls up his superior officer, and tells him "I just pulled this guy over for speeding, but I can't give him a ticket."

"Well, why not?"

"He's too important"

"Well, who is it? The mayor? Did you pull over the mayor?"

"No, no, no. Much more important than that."

"Well, was it Donald Trump?"

"Was it the president? Please tell me you did not pull over the president of the United States."

"No, no, no. Much more important than than."

By this time, the superior officer is completely flabbergasted. He yelled "Well, then who the hell did you pull over?!"

To which the policeman nervously replied "Well, I don't know, but he's got the Pope for a driver!"
Reply 1
El_Borish
Just found this, and thought i'd share the love:

The Pope arrives in NYC for an important UN meeting. His flight is delayed, so he has only 15 minutes to get from JFK airport to the UN building. A car had of course has been arranged to pick him up -- he is, after all, the Pope.

The Pope tells the driver of his predicament, but the driver says that he will not violate the speed limit. So the Pope says "OK, OK, get in the back, I'll drive." The Pope floors it, weaving through traffic like a madman. Inevitably, even for the Pope, he sees flashing lights behind him, and has to pull over. The officer takes one look in the window, turns pale, and slowly walks back to his squad car.

He calls up his superior officer, and tells him "I just pulled this guy over for speeding, but I can't give him a ticket."

"Well, why not?"

"He's too important"

"Well, who is it? The mayor? Did you pull over the mayor?"

"Well, was it Donald Trump?"

"Was it the president? Please tell me you did not pull over the president of the United States."

"No, no, no. Much more important than than."

By this time, the superior officer is completely flabbergasted. He yelled "Well, then who the hell did you pull over?!"

To which the policeman nervously replied "Well, I don't know, but he's got the Pope for a driver!"

yeah ive heard that one before *rolleyes: our preacher told us that!

Latest

Trending

Trending