Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!
    just accept the offer now then!

ReputationRep:
    Just ring the college up and tell them your intentions. Your don't have to rush into making any UCAS decisions but they will consider offering your place to someone else if you decide to turn it down and let them know soon enough. I had to do exactly the same thing last year with Hilda's.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Just ring the college up and tell them your intentions. Your don't have to rush into making any UCAS decisions but they will consider offering your place to someone else if you decide to turn it down and let them know soon enough. I had to do exactly the same thing last year with Hilda's.

Would colleges be open today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    Would colleges be open today?
    Probably best to contact them on Monday.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your advice, Hildabeast. The reason I'm asking is because I have to send copies of my A level certificates to the college and I'm currently waiting for my certificates to be sent to school so I can go and collect them. I'm not sure how long this process might take, so in the meantime I don't want to lose my offer. Shall phone the college on monday as you suggested and explain the situation to them.

ReputationRep:
    Was anyone with an Oxford offer asked to reply if they wanted to take up the place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veedy)
    Was anyone with an Oxford offer asked to reply if they wanted to take up the place?
    I don't know about your acceptance letter from Worcester but in mine it said to contact them asap if I was planning on declining the offer - which is the same sort of thing. Don't know any Ox applicants as of yet who had to reply in writing that they planned to accept the offer though.

ReputationRep:
    I was only asked to reply if i didn't want to take up the offer does that sound right or have i read it wrong?

ReputationRep:
    wow... the threads from ages ago are so similar... just different members!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    I haven't replied yet either, but I will soon...I don't think there is an official date, once they have given out offers they have to wait until the UCAS deadline to hear back from you at the latest, the request in the letter is just a courtesy thing I think, and maybe something which would allow them to offer someone else your place if you are going to decline it. (UCAS deadline = 28th April I think.)

ReputationRep:
    oops! just checked the thread date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by White_redrose)
    oops! just checked the thread date!
    hehhe! I knew someone would do it!

ReputationRep:
    My UCas deadline is 1st of July! So i guesss for students leaving outside UK they'd really want an informal answer earlier than that! (hehe i know this is an old thread....)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minta)
    Hey Minta, I've also got an offer from New Hall and I haven't accepted my offer (by letter or UCAS) yet either, so you're not alone! I'll have to go and talk to my Head of Sixth Form today about it. By 'copies' of certificates, do they just mean photocopies? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i have an offer from Clare, and they just said contact them if u werent going to accept, but otherwise everything will be done by UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
    Hey Minta, I've also got an offer from New Hall and I haven't accepted my offer (by letter or UCAS) yet either, so you're not alone! I'll have to go and talk to my Head of Sixth Form today about it. By 'copies' of certificates, do they just mean photocopies? :confused:
    hehe Avallon got u! Minta is probably already at Cambridge by now, she posted her message in 2004!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.