This discussion is closed.
Minta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
#1
Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!
0
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
#2
Report 16 years ago
#2
(Original post by Minta)
Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!
just accept the offer now then!
0
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#3
Report 16 years ago
#3
Just ring the college up and tell them your intentions. Your don't have to rush into making any UCAS decisions but they will consider offering your place to someone else if you decide to turn it down and let them know soon enough. I had to do exactly the same thing last year with Hilda's.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
0
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#4
Report 16 years ago
#4
(Original post by hildabeast)
Just ring the college up and tell them your intentions. Your don't have to rush into making any UCAS decisions but they will consider offering your place to someone else if you decide to turn it down and let them know soon enough. I had to do exactly the same thing last year with Hilda's.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Would colleges be open today?
0
hildabeast
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#5
Report 16 years ago
#5
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Would colleges be open today?
Probably best to contact them on Monday.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
0
Minta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#6
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
#6
Thanks for your advice, Hildabeast. The reason I'm asking is because I have to send copies of my A level certificates to the college and I'm currently waiting for my certificates to be sent to school so I can go and collect them. I'm not sure how long this process might take, so in the meantime I don't want to lose my offer. Shall phone the college on monday as you suggested and explain the situation to them.
0
Veedy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#7
Report 16 years ago
#7
Was anyone with an Oxford offer asked to reply if they wanted to take up the place?
0
Lucy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#8
Report 16 years ago
#8
(Original post by Veedy)
Was anyone with an Oxford offer asked to reply if they wanted to take up the place?
I don't know about your acceptance letter from Worcester but in mine it said to contact them asap if I was planning on declining the offer - which is the same sort of thing. Don't know any Ox applicants as of yet who had to reply in writing that they planned to accept the offer though.
0
Hells Bells
Badges: 0
#9
Report 16 years ago
#9
I was only asked to reply if i didn't want to take up the offer does that sound right or have i read it wrong?
0
TakemetoAvalon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#10
Report 15 years ago
#10
wow... the threads from ages ago are so similar... just different members!
0
White_redrose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#11
Report 15 years ago
#11
(Original post by Minta)
Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!
I haven't replied yet either, but I will soon...I don't think there is an official date, once they have given out offers they have to wait until the UCAS deadline to hear back from you at the latest, the request in the letter is just a courtesy thing I think, and maybe something which would allow them to offer someone else your place if you are going to decline it. (UCAS deadline = 28th April I think.)
0
White_redrose
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#12
Report 15 years ago
#12
oops! just checked the thread date!
0
TakemetoAvalon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
#13
Report 15 years ago
#13
(Original post by White_redrose)
oops! just checked the thread date!
hehhe! I knew someone would do it!
0
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#14
Report 15 years ago
#14
My UCas deadline is 1st of July! So i guesss for students leaving outside UK they'd really want an informal answer earlier than that! (hehe i know this is an old thread....)
0
Eternal Fantasy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#15
Report 15 years ago
#15
(Original post by Minta)
Hi all! I've got an offer from New Hall and have been asked to reply 'as soon as possible' saying whether I'm accepting or not. I was wondering if any people with offers from other colleges have been notified of an actual deadline by which you have to let the college know your decision - I don't want to inadvertently lose my offer!
Hey Minta, I've also got an offer from New Hall and I haven't accepted my offer (by letter or UCAS) yet either, so you're not alone! I'll have to go and talk to my Head of Sixth Form today about it. By 'copies' of certificates, do they just mean photocopies? :confused:
0
Richy Rich$$
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
#16
Report 15 years ago
#16
i have an offer from Clare, and they just said contact them if u werent going to accept, but otherwise everything will be done by UCAS.
0
French Pikachu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#17
Report 15 years ago
#17
(Original post by Eternal Fantasy)
Hey Minta, I've also got an offer from New Hall and I haven't accepted my offer (by letter or UCAS) yet either, so you're not alone! I'll have to go and talk to my Head of Sixth Form today about it. By 'copies' of certificates, do they just mean photocopies? :confused:
hehe Avallon got u! Minta is probably already at Cambridge by now, she posted her message in 2004!
0
X
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (158)
45.4%
Take exams next summer (53)
15.23%
Change uni choice through clearing (82)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (39)
11.21%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.6%

Watched Threads

View All