Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Most times guns are used in crime, the person in possession has little intent on using it, they just want money - not to kill someone. Guns don't kill, people kill.
    Why actively provide people with a simple and sadly culturally-entrenched means to kill??? Using a gun threateningly is still classed as a violent crime, and rightfully so.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people make a person do something they don't want to do?

It happens all the time. It's not about whether the person wants to do it, it's for survival. The way they see it is the only choice they have to put some food on a table.

ReputationRep:
    (quote from chris rock)
    You don’t need no gun control, you know what we need? We need some bullet control. We need to control the bullets, that’s right! I think all bullets should cost five thousand dollars. Five thousand dollars for a bullet, you know why? Cause if a bullet costs five thousand dollars, there’d be no more innocent bystanders.

Every time somebody get shot, people will be like: “Hey! He must’ve did something! **** they put in fifty thousand dollars worth of bullets in his ass!”. People would think before they kill somebody if a bullet costs five thousand dollars.

“Man, I would blow your f**king head off if I could afford it! I’m gonna get me another job, I’m gonna start saving me some money, and you’re a dead man! You better hope I can’t get no bullets on layaway!”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)

It happens all the time. It's not about whether the person wants to do it, it's for survival. The way they see it is the only choice they have to put some food on a table.
    this is quite possibly the dumbest thing i ever heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    this is quite possibly the dumbest thing i ever heard
    Then you haven't heard much obviously.
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by G4ry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is quite possibly one of the more sensible things I've ever come across. And being older and wider read than almost everyone on this forum, that actually says something. Oh and don't bother with the standard rebuke please caz, I'm going to work in a few minutes, just thought I'd help you see the point in G4ry's words Really, am only helping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Seeing as it's quite slow here at the moment i thought i'd share an interesting fact that i know and anyone else can contribute if they like.

When a shark is pregnant, there are about 20 sharks in the womb, however the mother only gives birth to 1 shark. How is this possible?
    Inside the womb the sharks fight against each other and eat each other, they do this until only 1 shark is left remaining. This shark exits the womb with the "killer instinct."

Sounds harsh and cruel, but what better way to learn.

An interesting fact that I know is every word has a vowel in it. And that
    And another one is Alan Iverson is the leading scorer in they NBA

ReputationRep:
    these are some facts i found interesting...

The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases

In a study of 200,000 ostriches
    over a period of 80 years,
    no one reported a single case where
    an ostrich buried its head in the sand.

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating 1 olive from each salad served in first-class

On average, 100 people choke to death on ball-point pens every year

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.