Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have two friends, each very close to me. one has been my dear friend for years and i love him, and the other i have knwon a short time but has warmed to my heart and she is very close to me. but these two friends are at thier last words to eachother. she is in love with he, and he does not want anything more to do with she, the knowledge of her love has been known for a long time, but she has given up hope and he wishes to cease contact. what do i do, i hate the way he is treating her and i want to tell him off, but he is still my dear freind, i don't know how to handle it. advice please, what to do??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snow_white)
    i have two friends, each very close to me. one has been my dear friend for years and i love him, and the other i have knwon a short time but has warmed to my heart and she is very close to me. but these two friends are at thier last words to eachother. she is in love with he, and he does not want anything more to do with she, the knowledge of her love has been known for a long time, but she has given up hope and he wishes to cease contact. what do i do, i hate the way he is treating her and i want to tell him off, but he is still my dear freind, i don't know how to handle it. advice please, what to do??????????
    stay out of the matter and DO NOT hang with them together.....BAD idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    stay out of the matter and DO NOT hang with them together.....BAD idea!
    That's good advice, you obviously want to remain friends with the both of them. If you take one's side you risk losing a friend. Which isn't really worth it for something that doesn't really involve you.

ReputationRep:
    Yup I agree. Neutrality is the best policy - just look at how well Switzerland does for itself lol!!! They will probably both try to drag you into this on one side or the other, but I would try my best to resist if I were you. Explain to both of them that you see it as a private matter between the two of them and you're not going to take sides, but will continue to be a friend to the both of them.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Just stay neutral, it's best not to get involved as you risk loosing a friend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Yup I agree. Neutrality is the best policy - just look at how well Switzerland does for itself lol!!! They will probably both try to drag you into this on one side or the other, but I would try my best to resist if I were you. Explain to both of them that you see it as a private matter between the two of them and you're not going to take sides, but will continue to be a friend to the both of them.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    thats exactly what i was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    thanx you guys, it's a really ruff thing shes going through and i want to be there for her and i think that doing that is still neutral as long as i don't say anything to him about it, right. mouth shut, advice fine but no negatives, no side taking.
    thannks heaps, your all sweeties.

ReputationRep:
    thanx you guys, it's a really ruff thing shes going through and i want to be there for her and i think that doing that is still neutral as long as i don't say anything to him about it, right. mouth shut, advice fine but no negatives, no side taking.
    of course im a sweetie...what else would i be, eh? you know what they say about girls,"sugar and spice and everything nice"

ReputationRep:
    You could always take the time to realise that there is almost certainly a history there that you don't know about. And that the weaker one is possibly just doing what (s)he thinks is best for them. It is a thought, a rather knowledgable thought at that. You can't force people into anything you know. Neutrality is definitely the best course of action as said by the others who have posted before me. Do hope you think about your choice first and make the right decision. Oh and you've made statements, yet haven't put forward any proof. I'm assuming this is because you wish to keep those type of things private.

ReputationRep:
    You've made this poor bugger out to be some kind of monster. I think you really need to find out a few things before you actually do take a stance on this. Whether this stance, be neutral, positive, negative. You don't appear to know all that much about whom you're dealing with. Which quite frankly shocks me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You've made this poor bugger out to be some kind of monster. I think you really need to find out a few things before you actually do take a stance on this. Whether this stance, be neutral, positive, negative. You don't appear to know all that much about whom you're dealing with. Which quite frankly shocks me.
    yeah, if she has known him that long, you would think she would know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    You could always take the time to realise that there is almost certainly a history there that you don't know about. And that the weaker one is possibly just doing what (s)he thinks is best for them. It is a thought, a rather knowledgable thought at that. You can't force people into anything you know. Neutrality is definitely the best course of action as said by the others who have posted before me. Do hope you think about your choice first and make the right decision. Oh and you've made statements, yet haven't put forward any proof. I'm assuming this is because you wish to keep those type of things private.
    i do intend to keep those type of things private as it is as you said not my matter to deal with, you should know me by now and know i still want to kick his ass, but it is not my buisness and there is much i don't know that can vary the scales, and though i feel for her i cannot interfere, even if i see this the wrong way it's how i've been shown it, show the other side and i may think different. for now i remain neutral but still dissapointed in him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    you would defend him wouldn't you, he is no monster he is a sweet, careing man but it still hurts me to see him loose a freind that i thought was close to him, i just wish they could work it out and still be friends, because i care about him and i don't want him to turn away from his friends, but as you said there is much i don't know, why doesn't someone tell me.
    oh and curry i do know him well, he thinks i know him less than i do, and we will always argue about that, but i still love him and i'm just worried about him.

ReputationRep:
    i do intend to keep those type of things private as it is as you said not my matter to deal with, you should know me by now and know i still want to kick his ass, but it is not my buisness and there is much i don't know that can vary the scales, and though i feel for her i cannot interfere, even if i see this the wrong way it's how i've been shown it, show the other side and i may think different. for now i remain neutral but still dissapointed in him.
    Admirable. But thre is a saying I should share with you. "It takes two." Simple really. Always two people to make something happen, or make something fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Admirable. But thre is a saying I should share with you. "It takes two." Simple really. Always two people to make something happen, or make something fail.
    or it takes two to tango!

ReputationRep:
    you would defend him wouldn't you, he is no monster he is a sweet, careing man but it still hurts me to see him loose a freind that i thought was close to him, i just wish they could work it out and still be friends, because i care about him and i don't want him to turn away from his friends, but as you said there is much i don't know, why doesn't someone tell me.
    oh and curry i do know him well, he thinks i know him less than i do, and we will always argue about that, but i still love him and i'm just worried about him.
    I'll defend anyone, you know that. It is what makes me the modern day saint I am. Except I'm not religious, which kind of defeats the purpose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    I'll defend anyone, you know that. It is what makes me the modern day saint I am. Except I'm not religious, which kind of defeats the purpose.
    i cant help but laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    or it takes two to tango!
    bludy oath your a character curry, even in the darkest disscusion you can bring light with your humor. good effort.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and snow_white. I'm in the local hospital at 12:00 Monday, I get to have a bed next to my mother lol. Finally get a chance to catch up with her, I'll give you a call.

ReputationRep:
    bludy oath your a character curry, even in the darkest disscusion you can bring light with your humor. good effort.
    alas, i think that quality deserves rep, dont you?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.