Burn from Hair Removal Cream? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
FML.

I think I may have burned myself or had some sort of allergic reaction to a hair removal cream. I rubbed it in (before reading the instructions telling me NOT to rub it in :facepalm2:) and I think I may have left it on too long too. It REALLY hurts. Argh.

Anything I can do now? Are there any creams for burns and the like that I can use?

Thanks.
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This same thing happened to me! I used Veet and after a couple of minutes it started to really burn so I washed it off and ended up with a half burn half graze on my leg!

Something like E45 Hydrcortisone Cream is good, my mums a nurse and said to put that on. Also, a bit of moisturiser will help as well.

I was so pissed off when it happened to me, if would make my life 100 times easier if I could use it
Anonymous #1
Okay, I have a wet wash cloth on it. It appears to be getting redder. How long do I give it to stop hurting before going to A&E? :holmes:

Ugh, should've stuck to shaving, tbh. :emo:
JamJes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
ARGhhh sounds painful!
I don't really have much advice but immerse it in water might help a little
Anonymous #2
Report 9 years ago
Ok well this once happened to me.

I put it a little too close to where I shouldn't have and it burnt and stung like mad!

I washed the area with cold water and left it a while. After that I left it for a couple of hours (and went to a party whilst in immense pain. stupid i know!) and a few hours later the pain died down a lot and eventually went throughout the night
JamJes
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Oh and then if it calms down a bit sudacrem fixes everything
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Lexi99)
Something like E45 Hydrcortisone Cream is good, my mums a nurse and said to put that on. Also, a bit of moisturiser will help as well.
I've tried this. It's still very red but feels slightly better. Thanks. :yy:
Vybz Kartel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
vaseline is for minor burns etc. that should help
Tuppenny
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, I did that once too, used it on my underarms, not realising how sensitive the skin is there! Felt like sunburn for days. Maybe something cooling like aloe vera gel?
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't worry, the skin will go a bit shiny, but eventually new skin will replace the old. Use Sudocream and leave it alone. The pain will go soon.
I did this when I was a little girl and thought I was the only female in the world with some hair on their upper lip. :o:
470dwndow54
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
just put on some mild cream like sudocream or savlon
Anonymous #1
Is it a good idea to put a plaster on it? Or will that make it worse?
Lexi99
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is it a good idea to put a plaster on it? Or will that make it worse?
No just leave it and let the air get to it
Jingely
Badges: 8
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
FML.

I think I may have burned myself or had some sort of allergic reaction to a hair removal cream. I rubbed it in (before reading the instructions telling me NOT to rub it in :facepalm2:) and I think I may have left it on too long too. It REALLY hurts. Argh.

Anything I can do now? Are there any creams for burns and the like that I can use?

Thanks.
Ooo is the sensation like stinging? Because I went through that last time and had red dots too I have a problem with them hair removal creams so I stopped using them and wax instead.

I think you should use vaseline or any baby cream (because they are specially made for baby's skin which are sensitive). Or any aloe vera gel to cool it off, and I'd advise you to change your ways in hair removal.
LittleMissSunshine94
Report 9 years ago
Hello I used Veet hair removal cream on my legs about six months ago, and found that i was allergic to it as well. I felt a stinging sensation as soon as i applied the cream so i removed it straight away, but it still left red sore blisters. I havent used it since!! I usually stick to the venus razor and have just bought wax strips to experiment with!
ranbow99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love Veet hair removal cream!! Much better than shaving! But remember don't leave it on for too long and NEVER rub it...just wash with warm water and a mild soap
clairbain
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That happens to me so sore burnt me, never using that cream again bad
Dumachi
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Aloe Vera.
kartarcarter
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i used veet too!, just rubbed it in using the back of the sponge it came with and i felt a burning sensation on my leg, i went to wash it off and found bumps on my leg and then i dried off for a while and it left a graze / scratch on my leg.
anonymissy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have just used it with hindsight I wish i'd read these posts first... my legs are itching like crazy D: suppose it could be worse though :/
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (304)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1109)
55.2%
Not feeling great about that exam... (437)
21.75%
It was TERRIBLE (159)
7.91%

Watched Threads