bcpmm
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
dunno where the useful stuff for june exam is in the chemical storylines and chemical ideas books are... what are they likely to ask questions on? :confused:

What chapters in the chemical idea books will be useful? where can I find past papers for chemistry, what general areas of the sylabus show up most in the exams? That kinda stuff.
xxsaraxx7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
by storylines and chemical ideas do you mean the ozone/global warming section
triiden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Storylines, chemical books? Can you clarify?
bcpmm
(Original post by triiden)
Storylines, chemical books? Can you clarify?
Chemical ideas, chemical storylines... the 2 books u get for the course
triiden
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hmm sorry can't help, we got the textbook from the exam board. Havn't you been given any past papers yet? You could go on paperbank and look at the papers but the whole syllabus has changed so be careful. I'm sure the teachers have specimen papers that they can pass out so proberly best to ask them
bcpmm
(Original post by xxsaraxx7)
by storylines and chemical ideas do you mean the ozone/global warming section
sorta... i kinda mean all of the unit 2 bits, that is one part of it
ACDC
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
no idea what you're really referring to mate. can you be more specific?

if you're asking whats useful, i'd take a guess and say all of it is. if you want a bit more clarification check out the spec on the ocr website. i'd also suggest going over past papers, and looking over mark schemes, as its really important that you're used to the question styles and understanding how they want you to answer. otherwise, there's no real way of knowing what their likely to ask as its such a new spec and they've added in so much green chemistry/envionmental awareness stuff.
xxsaraxx7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by bcpmm)
sorta... i kinda mean all of the unit 2 bits, that is one part of it
I get you that section has a lot of waffle so what you need to do is get the syllabus which tells you the exact points you need to know and ignore the rest in terms of revision but just read through them for extra info.
bcpmm
ty v much
Last edited by RK; 2 months ago
bcpmm
(Original post by xxsaraxx7)
I get you that section has a lot of waffle so what you need to do is get the syllabus which tells you the exact points you need to know and ignore the rest in terms of revision but just read through them for extra info.
ah kk ty
ihaterealitytvshows
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
just go on the ocr website for past papers but make sure you only get 2008/09 ones because the syllabus changed in 08
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.63%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.82%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.84%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (29)
14.8%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (54)
27.55%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.37%

Watched Threads