Turn on thread page Beta

boys boys boys! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gal)
    Well I was hoping some ppl on here might be able to help me or give me some advice or something. I am a 17 yr old girl who has never had a boyfriend! How depressing! It's not that I'm ugly or anything - I'm slim, average height, nice hair, eyes and legs....and I think I have a nice personality too. hmmm maybe my nose is too big - thats the only thing i have a problem with about my appearance and maybe thats wat turns guys off.

I never say anything mean or anything that might hurt someones feelings. But I seem to find it so hard to meet guys! It doesn't help that I'm shy either. There have been several guys who have shown interest in me...but I am never interested in the guys who like me. And all the guys I like, dont seem to like me.

I have just come back from a 5 day camping trip with some girl friends. And there was a really lovely sweet hot guy in the tent next to ours. I bumped into him when my friends and I went out on the first night. And I bumped into him again on the second night. Both times we ended up talking to each other for ages and we got on really well and he was just so easy to talk to, really lovely and sweet. Just a gorgeous personality and a gorgeous looking guy!

Even my friends thought he liked me and I liked him. But we didn't talk to each other much at day until the last day (when I had to leave). Yesterday morning we chatted for a bit too. And it turns out he works pretty close to where I live. But although I really liked him I think he only liked me as a friend. He is the same age as me but he said he thought I was older - like 20!

And one night he asked if I'd met anyone while on holiday. I don't think he likes me as more than a friend like I do. And that was depressing. Now I'm back home and my holiday was a bit of a nightmare - none of my friends were getting on. So yeah...now I just feel really depressed. I finally met a guy I really really like (which is a rare occasion) and he didn't seem to like me as much as I liked him and didn't even ask for my number. Hmmm whats so wrong with me? Why do ALL the guys I like not like me and ALL the guys who like me I don't like? Soooo not fair!!! Anyone in the same situation as me or have any advice or comforting words for me? please xxx

And what age bracket do most guys prefer their girls to be in? Do most guys like girls a few yrs younger, or the same age or what? Coz I thought maybe this hot guy thought I was too old (we were only a week apart in age) coz he thought I looked 20 when I'm 17! But my friends think I look 16.
    Hey, I'm a 18 year old guy who has never had a girlfriend. To be honest, I have never kissed or gone out with a girl. But I ain't the only one. I can't remember who but someone on this forum told me a few days ago that they are 21 and still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    to me this seems the one the biggest things you learn when you are growing up. how to read peoples emotions and body language better. Its really hard for a guy you must understand espically if other people he knows are around since rejection is a hard thing to deal with in the short term and if you can avoid or the chances of sucess are slim since you have only just meet the person blokes will tend to avoid it if they are quite shy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    to me this seems the one the biggest things you learn when you are growing up. how to read peoples emotions and body language better. Its really hard for a guy you must understand espically if other people he knows are around since rejection is a hard thing to deal with in the short term and if you can avoid or the chances of sucess are slim since you have only just meet the person blokes will tend to avoid it if they are quite shy.

very well said.have u gone thru all these stages in ur life ???

ReputationRep:
    i think he might have been more interested in the little 14 yr olds staying in his tent.
    Sounds like a bit of a pervert to me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prince_capri)
    very well said.have u gone thru all these stages in ur life ???
    not sure how to answer this without out sounding either really arogant or like a complete nerd.

i wouldnt say i have loads of personnel experience but it kinda obvious to see from my experiences

ReputationRep:
    thanks everyone for all ur replies and help. it was really good to read and i took in everything you had said. i can never tell when guys like me, maybe coz i have a low self esteem. if they act like they like me i just tell myself "nah they were just being nice". the guy i met from the tent nextdoor was really sweet but i think he may have only liked me as a friend. i dunno.

but come to think of it, he probably thought i only liked him as a friend too coz im shy and dont make it obvious when i like guys. so most guys i like prob think i hate them as it seems even when a girl does make it obvious she likes him - he STILL doesnt pick up on it!! lol oh and about him being more interested in the 14 yr olds in his tent - haha - no he wasnt a pervert. there wasnt anything going on there, i think they were just friends. but when i saw him put his arm around one of the girls when they were walking 2 the beach - i thought maybe he likes her.

and also how he thought i was older - maybe he prefers girls around 14/15...i dunno. he was hard to read. coz we talked loads at night but not much at all around everyone else at daytime. and he only seemed 2 talk 2 me if i was by myself or something - like at breakfast time the otherday. i just wish he had liked me as much as i liked him. coz it hurt that he never asked for my number or didnt quite seem as interested. maybe ill see him again at his work - i dunno - i guess i should just forget about him, but its hard coz we really clicked.

ReputationRep:
    coz we talked loads at night but not much at all around everyone else at daytime. and he only seemed 2 talk 2 me if i was by myself or something - like at breakfast time the otherday. i just wish he had liked me as much as i liked him. coz it hurt that he never asked for my number or didnt quite seem as interested. maybe ill see him again at his work - i dunno - i guess i should just forget about him, but its hard coz we really clicked.
    Ok, thats a big warning sign right there. I would just forget him. Any guy that will only talk to you in private and not in a group is not worth your time or effort. Guys like this are usually only after one thing and it's not a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    no he wasnt like that. he was really sweet and gentle. my friend thought he was hot but she goes "hes too weak for me" - i think he was too shy to approach me in front of all my friends as they would kinda scare him off. he was a really sweet lovely guy - really caring and would never try to use a girl or anything. he wouldnt let his sister in law go off by herself and when she went off he went with her to look after her - when he didnt want to. he was a cool guy. and thats y i feel so sad that nothing happened.

ReputationRep:
    Many people feel like this at some time in their life about that "Perfect someone" that they met but nothing happened. At the time you really like them but are too shy to do anything. Then afterwards yo exaggerate how amazing he/she was, and hate yourself for not having the confidence to have taken the oppurtunities that were right in your face. You analyse deeply for a while everything that he/she did and what went wrong. But at the end of the day, you get over him/her, and you never know what could have happened, he could have turned out to be a complete b******!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by onlylittleme)
    Many people feel like this at some time in their life about that "Perfect someone" that they met but nothing happened. At the time you really like them but are too shy to do anything. Then afterwards yo exaggerate how amazing he/she was, and hate yourself for not having the confidence to have taken the oppurtunities that were right in your face. You analyse deeply for a while everything that he/she did and what went wrong. But at the end of the day, you get over him/her, and you never know what could have happened, he could have turned out to be a complete b******!
    yeah he could have but he may have also turned out to be a total sweetie like he was all along!!! :-(

ReputationRep:
    yeah he could have but he may have also turned out to be a total sweetie like he was all along!!! :-(
    Yes that is true, however we learn from our mistakes. So next time you meet a nice guy remember this situation, and instead of waiting for fate to do all the work, speak up and let the guy know you are interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Yes that is true, however we learn from our mistakes. So next time you meet a nice guy remember this situation, and instead of waiting for fate to do all the work, speak up and let the guy know you are interested.
    too shy and too scared of rejection. id rather it end like this than be rejected - just too painful :-(

ReputationRep:
    hmmm maybe i should just giveup on guys altogether, lol

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.