Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the trend in your city? watch

ReputationRep:
    INspired by DB

So guys what is the current trend in your city?

Brisbane, Australia: Black ankle length skinny jeans, cute tops, gold or silver weaved metallic belts, singlets/longsleeve tops and animal print scarves worn on the head with sparkly flat shoes

ReputationRep:
    Venice: looking like a tourist apparently
    j/k
    everyone's still wearing basic summer wear: all in white with accessories all in one colour, light green seems to be popular, along with turquoise.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester - "emo", "goth", "mosher" whatever.
    Liverpool - "chav"

ReputationRep:
    Salisbury: depends entirely on who you are

Lots of people with metallic bags, though.

ReputationRep:
    Plymouth: Tracksuits, tracksuits and more tracksuits. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    Salisbury: depends entirely on who you are

Lots of people with metallic bags, though.
    Lots of sloaneys too, mainly from Godolphin!

I was in Escoba the night before results day and there was one of them in there wearing her Godolphin hockey hoody on a date! Shocking.

In Spoons on results day night I saw loads of SWGS girls in denim minis, flat sequined shoes, white tank tops and some form of colourful chunky beads. It looked good though, I'm considering it for my night out in Bristol at the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amie)
    Lots of sloaneys too, mainly from Godolphin!

I was in Escoba the night before results day and there was one of them in there wearing her Godolphin hockey hoody on a date! Shocking.

In Spoons on results day night I saw loads of SWGS girls in denim minis, flat sequined shoes, white tank tops and some form of colourful chunky beads. It looked good though, I'm considering it for my night out in Bristol at the weekend!

I hate Godolphin hoodies! They just really annoy me. And the way that Godolphin girls never seem to brush their hair... they just sort of drive a truck over it and then tie it back.

SWGS girls do tend to like the denim mini/sparkly shoe combo. I can't really remember what else... I was at a party last night and lots of the girls were going for sort of ethnic/slouchy chic. Or something to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool - Floaty gyspy skirts, lil cardy's, loads of accessories, belts (disc and weaved ones), metallic bags - gold and silver.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    I hate Godolphin hoodies! They just really annoy me. And the way that Godolphin girls never seem to brush their hair... they just sort of drive a truck over it and then tie it back.
    God, tell me about it. And then the way they prance about and look down on you because you do actually own a brush and get your hair cut regularly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Houston:

Males- Shorts, light Polo or rugyby shirt, leather sandals, straw hat for the heat. Perhaps a baseball cap.
    Females- knee-length skirt, Light top, sandals, light hat.

Its too hot down here to wear anything else!

ReputationRep:
    Bradford - same as always. The standard Adidas uniform (tracksuit bottom rolled up if warm), a pram and the odd cigarette as accesories, oh, along with the gold hoop earrings.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester - A lot of girls still have that modern-day mullet (long fringe, short on top, but hair long).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkykindaGal)
    Manchester - A lot of girls still have that modern-day mullet (long fringe, short on top, but hair long).
    *shudders* Those girls tend to resemble pineapples when all of the top bit sticks up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    Bradford - same as always. The standard Adidas uniform (tracksuit bottom rolled up if warm), a pram and the odd cigarette as accesories, oh, along with the gold hoop earrings.
    Hahaha same in Newcastle - golden dummies and football boots being, of course, the essential accessories for the pram.
    A lot of gold around actually, either tacky and HUGE (charvas) or bags/shoes/belts (trendies).

ReputationRep:
    Toronto: short skirts with ruffles, peasant skirts and skinny jeans, with light tops (light colour, material - it is summer!) and sparkly flats.
    London, Ontario: the farmer look :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Glasgow (and there abouts): Trackies, polo shirts (particularly pink lacoste, on boys too) with the collar up, Fred Perry, Lacoste, etc jumpers, bomber jackets (only on girls though :rolleyes: ), Bodywarmers with the furry hoods (over long sleeved tops), trainers or flat shoes or white timberland boots (the roll down ones) and hair extensions are doing the rounds as well.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool: uber fashionable á la Victoria Beckham and Colleen with long flowing extensions streaked to perfection, deep orange fake tans and diamanté gems stuck on your false nails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Liverpool: uber fashionable á la Victoria Beckham and Colleen with long flowing extensions streaked to perfection, deep orange fake tans and diamanté gems stuck on your false nails.
    Heehee...i forgot to mention that! When you walk through the city centre they all look the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carla18)
    Heehee...i forgot to mention that! When you walk through the city centre they all look the same!
    that's what I don't get... trying to look like everyone else is so uh... unfashionable
    Millions of clones and you just don't look like anything special if you follow the trend that way, you have to just do your own thing otherwise fashion is pointless and you look like a clone. You may as well not be wearing all the expensive stuff.

ReputationRep:
    York-I see a lot of people with that bloody gypsy fashion stuff going on.

Either that or the usual chav uniform.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.