Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hello, my sister wants to apply for 2006 entry to do medicine in manchester, she got 4 A's in Biology, Chemistry, Phsycology, General Studies and a C at AS, the C was in English Literature and she might resit a module or two, anyways shes gonna drop it. Will the C at AS affect her chances of getting a place at the university as some universities say you need a B in the subject you're gonna drop. pleeeeze reply

ReputationRep:
    anybody?????????

well i got a C in AS maths dropped it and i never resat anything and i got an offer for manchester going this september (: her other grades are very good so shell be okay (i got AABC at AS level)

ReputationRep:
    thank u !!!

no problemo

ReputationRep:
    ima be going to the manchester open day on the 5th of September. I was wondering if anyone can like sort me out where I can purchase decent tickets from london to manchster. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallguy54321)
    hello, my sister wants to apply for 2006 entry to do medicine in manchester, she got 4 A's in Biology, Chemistry, Phsycology, General Studies and a C at AS, the C was in English Literature and she might resit a module or two, anyways shes gonna drop it. Will the C at AS affect her chances of getting a place at the university as some universities say you need a B in the subject you're gonna drop. pleeeeze reply
    no i doubt it, shes got a's in the others, which is really good. drop the english, i wudnt even bother resitting any, cos A2 is a lot harder than AS and u need to focus on continuing to get good grades at a2 level. its not all about the grades anyway. there are SO many posts on here from people who are worried cos they have 3 a's and a b at AS etc...u have to have a good p/s and have lots of relevant work exp (manc espcially keep on volunteering) to get a chance of gettin an interview.
    i didnt do brilliant in my as's... a in biology, a in geog, b in physics and c in chem, i dropped the physics, and ended up with a levels- A in bio, a in geog and B in chem..and am off to manc to do med in sept. hope this helps x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam_boy)
    ima be going to the manchester open day on the 5th of September. I was wondering if anyone can like sort me out where I can purchase decent tickets from london to manchster. Thanks
    Coach: Google Greyhound, they're cheap!
    Train: I went from a station on the London-Brum line then from Brum to Manchester, though I suspect there is a better way of doing it. Google Chiltern Rail or Virgin.

... Or there's always plane if you're really loaded

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.