The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Big up the drama crew in here! lol

I did mine along at the same time as the rest of my GCSE's-so its not been much of a wait for me, luckily.
I really have enjoyed the 2 year course, however I hated the group I was put in with:frown: I was with these two boys who are brill actors but are sooo fu.cking immature-ya know the type! Well one of the boys kept having days off and when we were meant to stay after school he would never turn up, and the other went on holiday a week or so before the bloody exam; plus neither of them had learnt their lines!! So yus, it was abit stressful for me to say the least and I belive my grade has been ruined:frown:

During the performance one of the guys used ''prompt'' about 2/3 times, and the other guy (luckily he was playing quite a ''slow/thick'' character) when he forgot his lines he just paused for AGGGGESSSS. I spose it was alright because the audience just thought it was part of his role, but.......ehhh, we survived, aye?!! lol

And yeah, I plan in studying Drama in college however i'm confused about the courses:s-smilie:, i'll have to find out more info in my final interview!
Reply 21
i'm doing Drama for AS/A to, anyone else?
Reply 22
i am as well! thers only 2 in our drama group ! lol
Reply 23
lol we've got 5 and 3new people startin the school
Reply 24
Lol in our drama play 1 guy forgot 2 come 'onstage' so me and the other character had 2 invent a bunch of lines on the spot 'Hmmm I wonder why he's late' yes 'where could he BE?' 'I'll kill him when he arrives'. :biggrin: :p:
Reply 25
Vivianna
Lol in our drama play 1 guy forgot 2 come 'onstage' so me and the other character had 2 invent a bunch of lines on the spot 'Hmmm I wonder why he's late' yes 'where could he BE?' 'I'll kill him when he arrives'. :biggrin: :p:

Quick thinking lol! :p:
Reply 26
Vivianna

ooooh we'll see if it worked tomoro arr that reminds me of me and a mate did we ge tthe examiner our script with light prompts but we told the ligt people (t'other group) a diff prompt for one of them giving us a chance to do some 'improv' which we'd already worked on so hopefully he see it thinkin 'wow these kids are good, they thought of some really wicked improv just likke that lol'
Reply 27
Lol i think my best pal's group had a bad time, they spilt water all over the floor (it was thrown at someone in the play can't remember why) then she tripped over in it and sprained her ankle mid performance, and she still struggled on adding it 2 the plot :eek:
Reply 28
Vivianna
Lol i think my best pal's group had a bad time, they spilt water all over the floor (it was thrown at someone in the play can't remember why) then she tripped over in it and sprained her ankle mid performance, and she still struggled on adding it 2 the plot :eek:

oooh cool, we had water originally, but when we practiced it, i 'die' like straight after and water had gone up my nose when splashed at me, so in the two or so min i lie there dead i was choking coz i couldnt breathe out my mouth coz i was convered in material like silky that moved very easily
Reply 29
lol. Things like that happen all the time. During our play one girl had to have a dress put on her, but they managed to get the dress inside out and ack to front. Alo she was wearing shoes that were 2 sizes too small. But hey thats nothing compared to forgetting to come onstage! Just quite fun to talk about afterwards!

I was put in a group of people I'd never worked with before. But I'm really glad we were put together. I've made 3 good friends from it!
Reply 30
yeh i was put in a group without my best mates which i was so happy about coz we all do drama out or school and last time we worked together we clashed on so many things, but i got this guy who really really cant act, he ahd like one facial expression and that was his normal one, and he would always scratch but he said he didnt have ezcema, weird boy really lol
One of the groups had a scene in a bar, so therefore had one of those light things that say ''BAR''...however, as they walked off someone tripped over the lead and it went smashing on the floor! It was a good start for our class!
Reply 32
i was working with 2 people i didn't like that much (our teacher but us in groups :mad: ) but we managed 2 work together ok, but i was sooo glad when i managed to talk them out of doing a version of Hamlet set in Transylvania :confused:
Reply 33
Vivianna
i was working with 2 people i didn't like that much (our teacher but us in groups :mad: ) but we managed 2 work together ok, but i was sooo glad when i managed to talk them out of doing a version of Hamlet set in Transylvania :confused:

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 34
Heck you shoulda read the script it was weird beyond words :p: i was pretty scared
Reply 35
hehe sounds urm... 'interesting' We were put in groups too.
I really miss drama at school. Awww, i miss the drama huts and their lovely dusty smell. And i really miss my lovely GCSE drama group... they were the best.....ahhh happy memories :rolleyes: :smile:

Latest