Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    first thing i wanna say is wat do u guys think of psychics? do u think they are wrong - something to do with the lower darker side of the unseen...or do u think they are cool and interesting and can be accurate and are something of god? i still havent discovered wat i think.

and another thing - ppl keep viewing my posts but no one replies. id LOVE to know wat u think - plz register - only takes 1 min and then u can reply to as many posts as u want and make ur own! its fun so plz do it! and reply 2 my posts xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    i do think they are kinda kool. well it depends how they work tho.. they gotta be original and not really sad.
    i really admire derren brown - i spose u could call him a psychic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweet_gal)
    first thing i wanna say is wat do u guys think of psychics? do u think they are wrong - something to do with the lower darker side of the unseen...or do u think they are cool and interesting and can be accurate and are something of god? i still havent discovered wat i think.

and another thing - ppl keep viewing my posts but no one replies. id LOVE to know wat u think - plz register - only takes 1 min and then u can reply to as many posts as u want and make ur own! its fun so plz do it! and reply 2 my posts xxxxx
    I think it's a load of manipulative rubbish, preying on peoples insecurities about the future.

There's no such thing as a "lower darker side of the unseen".

ReputationRep:

Well, I was with my mum after he father died and she was on this radio show for the work she does etc. Anyway in the waiting room a psyhic who was on the show also, stopped and said to her 'your father is standing beside you'.

But that isn't too freaky, could have been a lucky guess, but then she went on to say 'your REAL father', the person who died recently was her step father as her real father died when she was 8.

That was freaky.

ReputationRep:
    Real psychics aren't that different to anyone else. They're simply more in touch with their senses than the rest of us, perhaps the senses that the human race cannot fully utilise because we haven't evolved enough yet, ie. extra senses. Phone psychics are a piece of **** and a total rip off. Not that i've ever tried them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Real psychics aren't that different to anyone else. They're simply more in touch with their senses than the rest of us, perhaps the senses that the human race cannot fully utilise because we haven't evolved enough yet, ie. extra senses. Phone psychics are a piece of **** and a total rip off. Not that i've ever tried them
    True, all humans are supposed to have psychic ability, its just that it comes to some more naturally. Apparently, there are things that you can do to increase your sensitivity to psychic phenomena, but it can take months or even years to develop it.
    It depends what kind of psychic you are talking about though, as there's people who practice clairvoyance (seeing things), clairaudience (hearing), clairsentience (feeling), psychometry (recieving images/memories from objects), mediums (people who communicate with spirits)......
    I read somewhere once that one of the exercises to increase your potential for clairaudience (hearing spirits) was to tune your radio in between stations so that you hear that buzzing noise. But according to this source (can't remember where), if you started to become sensitive to these things, you can experience the sensation of being pulled out of bed at night....scary, eh?
    Personally, I do believe in psychic ability, but there are a lot of people who can take advantage of you out there.

On a slightly different point, does anyone ever wonder why people pay for tarot card reading for something like £30 when an actual tarot deck costs around £12 (for a simple one)? Also, kind of like the phone psychic thing, how can people do tarot readings online, without even touching the cards?!

ReputationRep:
    people who go into comas for several years often come out with like curled up hands, and shrivled up muscles

the same with psychic ability

there is something called the pituitary gland (third eye) in the center of your forehead which receives psychic information, you just have to somehow put it to use and get it to become stronger
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by caz)
    there is something called the pituitary gland (third eye) in the center of your forehead which receives psychic information, you just have to somehow put it to use and get it to become stronger
    http://www.umm.edu/endocrin/pitgland.htm

It's at the base of your brain and it controls growth hormones and a bundle of other things...it doesn't *recieve* anything apart from chemical and electrical messages from the brain stimulating the release of hormones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    get it to become stronger
    What? Like lets get our salivary glands stronger...
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    :drool:

ReputationRep:
    you actually can. some people can gleek really far
    i can gleek a little bit, but i used to not be able to until i practiced one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    you actually can. some people can gleek really far
    i can gleek a little bit, but i used to not be able to until i practiced one day
    What the hell is "gleek"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.umm.edu/endocrin/pitgland.htm

It's at the base of your brain and it controls growth hormones and a bundle of other things...it doesn't *recieve* anything apart from chemical and electrical messages from the brain stimulating the release of hormones.
    is it? it might not be called the pituitary then, i thought it was. it actually might be, anyway
    and as far as science is concerned psychic ability is impossible, so of course it would not be listed anywhere as a capability of an organ

all organs receive everything. everything receives everything. it's just a matter of it being translated in YOUR personal consciousness
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by caz)
    all organs receive everything. everything receives everything. it's just a matter of it being translated in YOUR personal consciousness
    Oh well now that you've explained it like that it all makes sense :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is "gleek"?
    you don't know what gleeking is? it's when you lift your tongue up and, that little hole under your tongue that puts the spit in your mouth, is forced to spray the saliva, and it comes out of your mouth in a spray of little water droplets

you can spray it on other people lol

we do it here in america, i dont know about britain

you have to push the back and bottom of your tongue forward to get it to spray out. you have to practice to get it to work, it won't just work on the first try, because like you said, "lets get out salivary glands stronger"

ReputationRep:
    Oh well now that you've explained it like that it all makes sense :rolleyes:
    actually since i wasnt being an ass like you, it took two seconds to search "psychic gland" on google, and the gland is actually the Pineal Gland. as i said up there, i was probably wrong about it being called the pituitary gland

and, anyway, roll your eyes all you want, the universe begins with "uni" for a reason. it is all one
    you act like it's insane to believe all material has any connection with any other

ReputationRep:
    http://pages.zdnet.com/rkeene/thepsychicbrain.html

also read the part about it being larger in children and shrinking in puberty

also in agreement with the noticable connection to the psychic in children, along with children who still have recollection of past lives
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    As were posting links to non-biased websites:

http://www.aske.clara.net/psychic_readings.htm

ReputationRep:
    As were posting links to non-biased websites:

http://www.aske.clara.net/psychic_readings.htm
    sylvia browne is probably the best world reknown psychic

http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by caz)
    sylvia browne is probably the best world reknown psychic

http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm
    We tested Sylvia Browne in 1989, on live TV, and she failed miserably. On that occasion, she was not allowed to speak to anyone in advance, or to be asked or told anything in advance. The audience was told to only answer "yes" or "no," when asked a DIRECT question, and Sylvia bombed out big-time. She blamed it all on bad vibrations
    http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/index.html

Shame about those vibrations - she would have won $1,000,000 if she'd been able to perform.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.