Turn on thread page Beta

psychics and members watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    http://www.randi.org/library/coldreading/index.html

Shame about those vibrations - she would have won $1,000,000 if she'd been able to perform.
    well it does help to speak to people in advance, and anyway, she has gotten better over the years, that was a long time ago

and psychics don't know everything on command, a lot of times like most things in life they need research to be able to accurately predict and tell--mostly just the background information so that the contact between the spirit and that individual can be made

testing her is just ignorant

ReputationRep:
    i believe that real psychics do exist !!!
    i cannot give a proof, but i hav been in touch of some.

And this is not inborn power, it all depends on the way u look at people, analyse them, consider there face expression.

It happened to one of my friends once in school - he said that one of the doorknobs on these doors will fall. When my friend started checking the doorknobs, one of them really fell !!!
    But if he had not said this, do u think that he wuld hav checked the doorknobs !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    and psychics don't know everything on command, a lot of times like most things in life they need research to be able to accurately predict and tell--mostly just the background information so that the contact between the spirit and that individual can be made

testing her is just ignorant
    Yes, like sort of getting good "vibes" from the paper she is holding

And not testing her is more ignorant...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Yes, like sort of getting good "vibes" from the paper she is holding

And not testing her is more ignorant...
    why test a psychic? you either believe her or you do not. she does not preach, nor advocate any worship, so testing her would be out of ignorance

and there are LOTS of vibrations out there that we cannot sense with our normal human body...but take for instance animals that can predict upcoming earthquakes or other natural disasters. i'd assume it's possible for humans, being a part of the animal kingdom, to be able to sense these vibes as well...also take for instance those cases of documented pets that can read their owners' thoughts, and even those pets who would get up and go to the door and wait for their owner every single time the owner began to go home

how can you explain that? how can a pet possibly know their owner is coming home, miles away? yet every time, they would get up and go to the door. this was even videotaped, and taken as fact, so don't give me the skeptic view on it, because animals are assumed to have supernatural powers.

why then is it impossible for humans to be able to detect vibes? because they more easily communicate it with other animals? (via speaking)
    we are animals, afterall

ReputationRep:
    i believe in pyschics and mediums. There was one spiritual medium though Derek Accorah, he is the most fake person ive ever seen. (",) but you dont have toi see to believe. If you believe in something it doesnt matter whether other people do or do not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i believe in pyschics and mediums. There was one spiritual medium though Derek Accorah, he is the most fake person ive ever seen. (",) but you dont have toi see to believe. If you believe in something it doesnt matter whether other people do or do not.
    i agree. it's annoying when people whine about all the fake psychics and say no psychics exist

the idea of a psychic surpasses scams
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If people want to believe in psychics that's absolutely fine...I just wont sit back while someone spouts a bunch of bullscience to justify that belief -

if science can't prove it then there's no point in citing "evidence" for a third eye and "vibrations" -

it's either scietific or it's not, mixing the two pisses me off almost as much as creationist science (btw you want to believe in the bible version of creation that's fine - but twisting science to fit the bible is as offensive to me as someone wiping their arse on the bible would be to a creationist)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    those pets who would get up and go to the door and wait for their owner every single time the owner began to go home

how can you explain that? how can a pet possibly know their owner is coming home, miles away? yet every time, they would get up and go to the door. this was even videotaped, and taken as fact, so don't give me the skeptic view on it, because animals are assumed to have supernatural powers.
    Yes, and at every 1.00pm my stromach rumbles..reason? Food time.

It has been proved that even if the "person" doesnt come the dog still gets excited. It is like saying more about how the dog respond to the owner than anything else. i.e. it knows that the owner gets home at about 4.00pm so it gets exctied. Nothing more than that.

ReputationRep:
    it's either scietific or it's not, mixing the two pisses me off almost as much as creationist science
    Its funny how some people believe that God created the Earth to "look" like it was billions of years old, dinosaur bones included for free. Under teh space of 7 days. You can't argue with them, as tehre is no way to rrespond to that than with common sense.

ReputationRep:
    If people want to believe in psychics that's absolutely fine...I just wont sit back while someone spouts a bunch of bullscience to justify that belief -

if science can't prove it then there's no point in citing "evidence" for a third eye and "vibrations" -

it's either scietific or it's not, mixing the two pisses me off almost as much as creationist science (btw you want to believe in the bible version of creation that's fine - but twisting science to fit the bible is as offensive to me as someone wiping their arse on the bible would be to a creationist)
    sorry, guy, but science is not a religion, nor the way of the world. we do not turn to science for all truth, and even science will tell you there is a Pineal Gland, which they cannot seem to figure out the purpose of yet

science may be able to do a lot, but it does not tie in with all people, so i don't see why you would say there's no point in citing evidence. I believe you've been listening to skeptics a little too much--constantly hiding behind science, which in itself is split into a million different beliefs and theories, so you can't even hold it as truth as two scientists may believe two different theories

what pisses me off are skeptics who assume being skeptical somehow in itself defends its purpose. sorry, you can doubt, but don't whine to other people who choose not to

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and at every 1.00pm my stromach rumbles..reason? Food time.

It has been proved that even if the "person" doesnt come the dog still gets excited. It is like saying more about how the dog respond to the owner than anything else. i.e. it knows that the owner gets home at about 4.00pm so it gets exctied. Nothing more than that.
    i said it was videotaped, you act like all people are stupid. the dog got excited anyways, and he did it when the owner came home at a certain time

um no, you obviously don't even know the details on the case, so i'd suggest not posting stupid theories

ReputationRep:
    Its funny how some people believe that God created the Earth to "look" like it was billions of years old, dinosaur bones included for free. Under teh space of 7 days. You can't argue with them, as tehre is no way to rrespond to that than with common sense.
    lol, I agree, but science is an explanation, not truth, so what's annoying are those who hide behind it like it's a religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    why test a psychic? you either believe her or you do not. she does not preach, nor advocate any worship, so testing her would be out of ignorance

and there are LOTS of vibrations out there that we cannot sense with our normal human body...but take for instance animals that can predict upcoming earthquakes or other natural disasters. i'd assume it's possible for humans, being a part of the animal kingdom, to be able to sense these vibes as well...also take for instance those cases of documented pets that can read their owners' thoughts, and even those pets who would get up and go to the door and wait for their owner every single time the owner began to go home

why then is it impossible for humans to be able to detect vibes? because they more easily communicate it with other animals? (via speaking)
    we are animals, afterall
    i completely agree with caz.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    i said it was videotaped, you act like all people are stupid. the dog got excited anyways, and he did it when the owner came home at a certain time

um no, you obviously don't even know the details on the case, so i'd suggest not posting stupid theories
    I have heard this before. Believe you me, there are many counter study to explain this.

Also enlighten me with the times of entry of the person. Was teh dog excited at what times before the man entered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    lol, I agree, but science is an explanation, not truth, so what's annoying are those who hide behind it like it's a religion
    Yes, and what's the use? lol. We will meet our "maker" one day. And all will be revealed. Its like a foetus in a stomach before meeting the real world. We are that foetus, adn teh real world (if there is one) is the world when we die.

ReputationRep:
    I have heard this before. Believe you me, there are many counter study to explain this.

Also enlighten me with the times of entry of the person. Was teh dog excited at what times before the man entered?
    actually it was a woman, and it was many times, not just a few, and the dog wasn't excited, he would simply get up, go over to the door, and stare at it til the owner got home and walked in

the time of the owner starting to come home (the "idea" of it, the "intent") corresponded with the dog going to the door to stare at it and wait

so when the owner had the absolute intent of coming home, the dog would wait in front of the door and stare at it. if she got side tracked while coming home, that's a different story, because we all know that that is possible, and simply have no relevance to disproving this, so dont even bring it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    actually it was a woman, and it was many times, not just a few, and the dog wasn't excited, he would simply get up, go over to the door, and stare at it til the owner got home and walked in

the time of the owner starting to come home (the "idea" of it, the "intent") corresponded with the dog going to the door to stare at it and wait

so when the owner had the absolute intent of coming home, the dog would wait in front of the door and stare at it. if she got side tracked while coming home, that's a different story, because we all know that that is possible, and simply have no relevance to disproving this, so dont even bring it up
    Hmm, that sounds better. I thought you were referring to an inferior "videotaped" incident with the owner coming home at a predictable time. etc.

Sometimes science cannot explain things. Hell, we don't even know what 90% of the genes do. (they know there is no active role, but what other role it contributes to is unknown)

Only time and more studies will tell.

Infact, we don't seriously know how electricity works either, Voltaire in his time sent electricity to a bulb unattached to anything via a couple of kilometres. And to this day we don't know how he did it.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.