Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was sitting on my bedroom floor, texting, and my dad came in and said, "your school are on the phone". Anyway turned out they just wanted to remind me to take some stuff back tomorrow. :mad: I was so tempted to start up a discussion about results but I couldn't do it! If you had been in that situation, would you have asked? Presumeably schools have our results now?

ReputationRep:
    No! It would have spoiled the whole results day experience!

HEAD BOY

ReputationRep:
    id probably just ask! an get rejected... an feel crap....

ReputationRep:
    No - I know that my school would just say no, and say that it was "arrogantly distasteful" (or something like that) for me to ask for my results earlier than every other student.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be too scared lol, although if it was someone I knew, like one of my teachers, they would probably drop some sort of hints, because my teachers are incredibly mean like that!

ReputationRep:
    No phone calls from this end.

ReputationRep:
    Naaaaah.
    I'd be too scared to and if they said no then I would have to face them the next day and then I'd expect them to drop in a little line in front of people saying I had asked them for results. *yawn*

It depends who I was talking to but probably not I would wanna find out on results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelated)
    I was sitting on my bedroom floor, texting, and my dad came in and said, "your school are on the phone". Anyway turned out they just wanted to remind me to take some stuff back tomorrow. :mad: I was so tempted to start up a discussion about results but I couldn't do it! If you had been in that situation, would you have asked? Presumeably schools have our results now?
    Can they legally tell you a day before?

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if they do have our results now. I hope they're not all sitting round in school having a good look - lmao.
    I had a feeling that they get sent to them in the morning...

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt. WOuld ruin the whole experaince and my school have specificall said no phonecalls for results! Dont want to get there backs up

ReputationRep:
    ps.

I drove past my school today and there were loads of cars outside! I wonder whos there and what they are doing. Possibly teachers looking over our results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepgirl)
    ps.

I drove past my school today and there were loads of cars outside! I wonder whos there and what they are doing. Possibly teachers looking over our results!
    Could be... :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    No, me and my friends are getting them all together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheepgirl)
    ps.

That's so annoying.

Didn't the exam results used to be sent home?

ReputationRep:
    I would say it would spoil the experience.

O and by the way, it seems that only administration staff get deal with the results. Also people who are looking if to check if we have met requirements, ie. deputy heads, are allowed access.

However, teaching staff and other teachers, such as our form tutors, will only get the results, once we get them.

That is what I was told by some of my AS Level friends.

ReputationRep:
    no i wouldnt either, ruin the whole experience of results day, plus i want to open them with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    I would say it would spoil the experience.

O and by the way, it seems that only administration staff get deal with the results. Also people who are looking if to check if we have met requirements, ie. deputy heads, are allowed access.

However, teaching staff and other teachers, such as our form tutors, will only get the results, once we get them.

That is what I was told by some of my AS Level friends.
    Oh that's good.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt even go on the phone. i would say im sick or something.

ReputationRep:
    mine would only say no anyway, wouldnt have been much point.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.