Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

I'm also in the same position! I've applied through Clearing and I have chosen Private accommodation (student-share housing). My accommodation application has been submitted online just yesterday and it'll be processed shortly after my place is confirmed.

ReputationRep:
    Have u all enroled at plymouth online yet? it started yesterday - u just have 2 go onto ur eapplicant portal on d plymouth website

ReputationRep:
    No, I need to do that though. Need to choose the modules I want to take.

ReputationRep:
    yeah only took bou 5 mins 2 do - best 2 get it done b4 u go- u shud get ur doctor sorted online 2

ReputationRep:
    Yea, still trying to get a roof over my head sorted first :P
    That's good to know it only takes a short time though.

ReputationRep:
    whats the link for enroling on the plymouth website?

ReputationRep:
    www.plymouth.ac.uk/confirm

Login and it should be there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackhalen)
    whats the link for enroling on the plymouth website?
    If your place has been confirmed, then you are eligible to get enrolled. Click here to log in to applicant portal [email protected] and then you can enrol online.

ReputationRep:
    lol! Nix! and i have posted the link at a time

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading through all my Plymouth paperwork and I'm gonna need my "registration number" to fill in most of them. What is my registration number ? :confused: Also, does anyone know if individual bedrooms in halls have a tv aerial plug/ socket??

ReputationRep:
    I would asume they do have plug socket things. Just make sure you get adapters to fit more plugs into one. I think they have aerials too. I dunno what the registration number is. I've seen Uni reference numbers and there's your UCAS app number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix!)
    I would asume they do have plug socket things. Just make sure you get adapters to fit more plugs into one. I think they have aerials too. I dunno what the registration number is. I've seen Uni reference numbers and there's your UCAS app number.
    When i did online enrolment yesterday i then went on to open my computer account thing, I entered my uni reference number thinking it might be the registration number but it wasn't! If anyone else knows what it is let us know!! Nix! a fellow geographer! yay! got my massive pack from the department today! what electives do you think you might go for?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I dunno just yet. I'll have to have a quick look at my forms :P

ReputationRep:
    Ooh looking at one of these forms apparently we need a lab coat which costs £10 brand new. Also going to need OS maps @ £12.24 and a waterproof notepad for £5.10 - fun stuff. Already an extra £27.34.

Ooh, there's a groovy trip to Bath 'This weekend event will cost about £125'.

Hmm, I can't find the electives.

ReputationRep:
    That's me all done, that really was fast. The only thing i've got to do is now work out where i'm going to be living - might have to go down there to sort that out :P

Sahsum I found these for the first year:

Core modules:

GGX1101 Tutorials and Key Skills in Geography
    GGH1105 Introducing Human Geography: Globalisation, population and development
    GGP1108 Introducing Physical Geography: Geomorphology, Biogeography and Environmental Change
    GGH1103 Practising Geography: The human environment
    GGP1104 Practising Geography: The physical environment

plus ONE elective (20 credits) from a limited choice, choices include

GGX1111 Sustainable Development: Geographical Perspectives
    GGH1112 Progress in Human Geography

Personally, i'd probably go for Sustainable Development, but it's too early to tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix!)
    That's me all done, that really was fast. The only thing i've got to do is now work out where i'm going to be living - might have to go down there to sort that out :P

Sahsum I found these for the first year:

Core modules:

GGX1101 Tutorials and Key Skills in Geography
    GGH1105 Introducing Human Geography: Globalisation, population and development
    GGP1108 Introducing Physical Geography: Geomorphology, Biogeography and Environmental Change
    GGH1103 Practising Geography: The human environment
    GGP1104 Practising Geography: The physical environment

plus ONE elective (20 credits) from a limited choice, choices include

GGX1111 Sustainable Development: Geographical Perspectives
    GGH1112 Progress in Human Geography

Personally, i'd probably go for Sustainable Development, but it's too early to tell
    theres loads of other options too, like business, geology, international relations. Think I'll proably go for sustainable development too. If you haven't got it already, you'll soon receive a thick A4 booklet full of deep info and loads of other forms to send back - this contains all the elective info too.

ReputationRep:
    Cool, i'd like something probably marine related if I got the chance. Just feels like an area of interest but i'm sure i'll know near the time. Yea, i'll probably get that info when the post arrives.

ReputationRep:
    Wow you guys get module choices in the first year! :eek: That's so not fair! We haven't been given any module choice in either the first or second years! At the least the third year is all our own choice.

In answer to a post above, yes all halls have a TV aerials and plug sockets over the desk and above the bed. If you have a free-view box, you may find you need a signal booster because the halls aerials are obviously shared by quite a few people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nix!)
    Ooh looking at one of these forms apparently we need a lab coat which costs £10 brand new. Also going to need OS maps @ £12.24 and a waterproof notepad for £5.10 - fun stuff. Already an extra £27.34.

Ooh, there's a groovy trip to Bath 'This weekend event will cost about £125'.

Hmm, I can't find the electives.
    That reminds me...I need a new lab coat (the one I bought last year was a bit too small!). Oh and new safety specs as well!

Attention posters!
    You can show your support for the creation of a University of Plymouth sub-forum by clicking here. We only need a few more names and it can be created!

ReputationRep:
    we only need one more!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.