University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
blackhalen
we only need one more!

Oh yeah, I stand corrected :smile:

I can't believe there are so many people on here going to Plymouth! This time last year there was just me (alone..sob) :p: :biggrin:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 81
http://www.upsu.com/ they have updated the union website.
Reply 82
Hey, can anyone give me a good idea of what share houses are really like. Thanks.
Reply 83
Hey all, I've got some good news - I found somewhere to live lol. I got a room in one of the cluster flats and it's with other first years. I should be moving in on the 15th I think.
Reply 84
Nix!
Hey all, I've got some good news - I found somewhere to live lol. I got a room in one of the cluster flats and it's with other first years. I should be moving in on the 15th I think.

Cool that should be good! Anyone know what their "registration number" is? is it the same a the student reference number?
Reply 85
thought id just revive the thread b4 it gets lost in the absyss of threads.Plus it a good thread 4 any1 new 2 the forum wanting to talk bout plymouth.

I was just wondering r ppl in d same block as urself ur flatmates - im in block 5 of radnor does that mean some1 else in block 5 wud b my flatmate (im guessin so) o do d blocks get divided again in2 flats
Reply 86
im not going plymouth uni but i know the city very well.

All the advice i can give is stay away from the chavvy areas (it deprends on what day it is where they are! lol) basically the poorer places (im annoyed i cant remember any of the names as i did this for a geography AS progect!)

and defianatly go to the Vue cinema, its the best down here anyway!

and dartmoor is brilliant! :smile:
Reply 87
blocks have different floors
Reply 88
anyone got the letter saying what jabs we need before we go? i seem to have lost mine .... :rolleyes:
Reply 89
havent had that letter - bt that green medical card ask when u had ur Meningitis C - so i guess u need that done - and i kno u need 2 have ur MMR jabs update.
Reply 90
Does any1 kno if we av a freshers ball o alt like it?
Reply 91
lmclaney
thought id just revive the thread b4 it gets lost in the absyss of threads.Plus it a good thread 4 any1 new 2 the forum wanting to talk bout plymouth.

I was just wondering r ppl in d same block as urself ur flatmates - im in block 5 of radnor does that mean some1 else in block 5 wud b my flatmate (im guessin so) o do d blocks get divided again in2 flats

Generally, each block has three floors consisting of 2 flats on each floor. Each flat holds 5-7 people. So 6 flats per block.
Reply 92
lmclaney
Does any1 kno if we av a freshers ball o alt like it?

Last year there wasn't anything offical organised (or if there was we didn't know about it!). Though there was plenty on at the union however. I think thyy have a ball at the end of the year instead of at the beginning. They may have changed that this year though, i'm not sure.
Reply 93
yea like im Pilgrim 325 so i guess that means block 3 flat 2 room 5
Reply 94
lmclaney
havent had that letter - bt that green medical card ask when u had ur Meningitis C - so i guess u need that done - and i kno u need 2 have ur MMR jabs update.

Yeah most people of about 18 years old will need the booster MMR unless you have already had it. If you can't be bothered with having it done at home, the uni medical centre will do it for you (though it is very busy because of the number of people requiring it).
Reply 95
I did my enrolment and printed off the certificate and was then taken to another page to do something else (something to do with my computer account or something?!). Well, anyway, i closed the window and now i can't get back to that page. Does that matter? I have my certificate printed, which is obviously the main thing...

Also, could someone else check what the applicant portal says regarding their accomodation. I was offered a place at Radnor and i signed the agreement etc, but online it says that they sent me a letter about having to find approved accomodation :\ I'm guessing it's just a mistake...
Reply 96
morris
I did my enrolment and printed off the certificate and was then taken to another page to do something else (something to do with my computer account or something?!). Well, anyway, i closed the window and now i can't get back to that page. Does that matter? I have my certificate printed, which is obviously the main thing...

Also, could someone else check what the applicant portal says regarding their accomodation. I was offered a place at Radnor and i signed the agreement etc, but online it says that they sent me a letter about having to find approved accomodation :\ I'm guessing it's just a mistake...

If they sent you a letter about Radnor then it should be fine. Have you sent your forms back and got a letter about them having been received? If so it's probably ok. Did you do the thing online where you have to pick 3 questions to do with your computer account? i think that is for the IT account because when i went to www.plymouth.ac.uk/register (for an IT account) it said i already had. If you log on to the main applicant page and click on the enrol option it should take you back to where u finished on the enrolment pages.
Hope all that makes sense ?>!
Reply 97
morris

Hi :smile:

You will need to setup your computer account to access the online portal (where you have an email account and important course / uni information). I would say give what is suggested above a go and if you still have problems, you can setup the computer account when you get to the uni.

As for the accomodation, I would give the university a call and double check. Better to be safe than sorry :smile:

BTW, you can show your support for the creation of a Plymouth sub-forum by posting in the following thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t143079.html
Reply 98

Ive jus checked my applicant portal and it says the same even tho ive accepted an offer for Radnor halls and they taken my reservation fee.Ive sent an email and will prob ring up 2moz just 2 make sure.
Reply 99
That's exactly the same situation as me. I've accepted a place at Radnor and sent them the fee, which was all confirmed. The online message must just be a default thing...

As for the computing account thing, ive just gone onto the site sashum has posted and signed up there....hope it's the same thing! lol
My online enrolment didn't take me back to the computing account thing u see...

Latest

Trending

Trending