Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been pooled and thought i'd start a thread for us all to be totally paranoid! - people who have been accepted please don't moan at us!

When do you think we will hear?
    What if a college rings and i'm out, will they ring back!?
    So many poeple have been pooed on this thread alone - does that mean I have much less chance?!

Sorry for my totally irrational and bizarre worries!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    I've been pooled and thought i'd start a thread for us all to be totally paranoid! - people who have been accepted please don't moan at us!

When do you think we will hear?
    What if a college rings and i'm out, will they ring back!?
    So many poeple have been pooed on this thread alone - does that mean I have much less chance?!

Sorry for my totally irrational and bizarre worries!?
    -I think I read somewhere that people will hear sometime before the 10th Jan but I'm sure there must be stragglers who hear later.
    -Of course they will ring back/contact you by other means.
    -About a 1 in 5 chance from past stats.

ReputationRep:
    any other thoughts

ReputationRep:
    I've informed my family that the answer machine must be left on at all times over the next week or so!

Other thoughts? A lot of people here do seem to have been pooled, but the people on this forum probably can't be taken as representative of Cambridge applicants as a whole. I'd look more at the numbers pooled last year (3,487 I think - sad) than the number of people here who have been pooled. Besides, those who were rejected outright would be less likely to tell everyone that someone who received an offer or was pooled (well, that would certainly have been true for me).

Also, try and fall in love with one of your other Uni choices .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.