The Student Room Group

Dame alice owens or Latymer 6th form?

Scroll to see replies

I think this thread urgently needs an update for STEM students.

From my tutees I'm getting the strong impression that this school is going seriously down hill. I'm seeing Y12 students having their lots of their lessons wasted on heaps of copying of stuff that is well (if not better) explained in their textbooks. Then there's the maths teacher who seems to have serious issues. Apparently one of the brightest maths students in the year isn't taught by her because she simply can't get on with him. Not too surprising as she goes mental if students want to do something in a way different than that she has shown them. I've also heard that she recently left a sixth form class to go into the corridor and berate students for wearing their coats inside.

Also worrying, is one of the sixth form physics teachers not being able to do an Issac Physics question: and I don't mean on sight, either!

So if it's a choice of Dame Alice or Latymer then choose the latter every time. The same could probably be said for those who have to choose between one of the few other good sixth forms and Dame Alice.
Original post by David Getling
I think this thread urgently needs an update for STEM students.

From my tutees I'm getting the strong impression that this school is going seriously down hill. I'm seeing Y12 students having their lots of their lessons wasted on heaps of copying of stuff that is well (if not better) explained in their textbooks. Then there's the maths teacher who seems to have serious issues. Apparently one of the brightest maths students in the year isn't taught by her because she simply can't get on with him. Not too surprising as she goes mental if students want to do something in a way different than that she has shown them. I've also heard that she recently left a sixth form class to go into the corridor and berate students for wearing their coats inside.

Also worrying, is one of the sixth form physics teachers not being able to do an Issac Physics question: and I don't mean on sight, either!

So if it's a choice of Dame Alice or Latymer then choose the latter every time. The same could probably be said for those who have to choose between one of the few other good sixth forms and Dame Alice.

I would go with facts rather than third hand anecdote. 2019 A-level results DAO better than Latymer. More oxbridge entrants.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending