Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can't comment on all of them, but...

The Free Press: A great pub, lots of character and very boatie friendly!

The Anchor: One for summer I think..really nice to sit out by the river and chill out service can be a bit slow

The Granta: We adopted this as our pub to get together and have a drink. Is expensive, but again really nice by the river and a great place to laugh at inept punting. Ideally placed for a pint on the way into town or on the way back with comfy sofas but is a bit expensive

The Hat and Feathers: A favourite with Selwynites owing to its proximity, the JCR once put a motion through to use funds to buy it! Is a bit off the beaten track tho

The Eagle: Quite nice but always really busy..I always preferred the 'Bath anyway...

Bath Ale house: Reasonably priced and central, my favourite place for a pint in Cam can be really busy but always a good atmosphere and often had good live music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I assume you mean pubs on the river :p:

The Anchor/The Mill has some outside seating I think, where you can sit and laugh at tourists trying to punt. The rest of the Backs is pretty much taken up by colleges. The Fort St George/Green Dragon/Penny Ferry are very nice for sitting and watching rowing at, but a little further out.
    FSG has some seating overlooking the river in the summer, but there's more overlooking midsummer common.

There's also the Granta, which is on the river and has outdoor seating.

Then there's trendier bar things on Quayside (near Magdalene) which are more expensive but do have tables outside in summer.

A.

ReputationRep:
    No one has yet to mention the legend that is the St. Rhadegund's pub!! It's on the corner of King's street, and completely proves that good things really do come in small packages. It's so full of character, and all the old memorabilia covering the walls can entertain and occupy for hours. great.

ReputationRep:
    An unexpected amount of info...cheers people. I'll try and get around a few of these places when I appear on Oct 1st.

Never in the field of public houses will so many be visited by so few. Er...in fact, though I'll be few, I'll be a very happy few, we band of brothers.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite pubs in Cambridge are The Graduate and The Boathouse. The former for colder nights, the latter is good when the weather is reasonably hot.

Stay away from the The Regal and The Rat and Parrot.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.