This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
This is one hell of a long shot cos i haven't seen anyone else on this site who's applying for Caius college at cambridge....but here goes...

Is there anyone on this site who...if/when they get the grades, will be off to Caius college this October??

I am.....for law.....anyone else???

G
sjoshi64
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
Yep, Economics for me. When were you up for interview?
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by sjoshi64)
Yep, Economics for me. When were you up for interview?
Wow!!! There's someone else!!! lol!

I went up for interview on the 16th...i don't think you were there..i didn't meet anyone there for economics.

What offer did they give you?

G
sjoshi64
Report 16 years ago
Oh, right. I was up for interview on the 9th I think, it was a Tuesday. All I remember was hordes of Medics in the JCR. I absolutely loved the college, though.

They gave me AAA - what about you? Do they give most people AAA or AAB?
gzftan
Rep:
?
Oh, right. I was up for interview on the 9th I think, it was a Tuesday. All I remember was hordes of Medics in the JCR. I absolutely loved the college, though.

They gave me AAA - what about you? Do they give most people AAA or AAB?
They said the standard offer for law was AAB but they gave me a AAA offer as well. I'd have loved a AAB offer as a buffer zone....but i'm happy all the same!

G
sjoshi64
Report 16 years ago
I'd have loved an EE offer .... as a buffer zone, obviously But I'm happy with anything, after those weeks of waiting I'd have happy with AAAAAA.

Where did you stay during your interview? I stayed with a friend, so I didn't get to see what Harvery Court looks like. Also, why did you apply to Caius?
gzftan
Rep:
?
I'd have loved an EE offer .... as a buffer zone, obviously But I'm happy with anything, after those weeks of waiting I'd have happy with AAAAAA.

Where did you stay during your interview? I stayed with a friend, so I didn't get to see what Harvery Court looks like. Also, why did you apply to Caius?
I travelled up there in the morning....had to wake up at 5:15am!!!!!!!

I just don't like spending the night in a place i'm not used to....i find i never get to sleep until the second night...which isn't very helpful!

I didn't see harvery court....just the main courts in trinity street.

I applied to Caius cos its got a great location, its larger than most colleges but its not overly large...and cos the stats said there was a below average applicationffers ratio for law last year!! lol!

What about you??

G
sjoshi64
Report 16 years ago
Well the location was amazing, and most seemes to view it as a very traditional college which I liked. It's strong for economics historically, and has good fellows although only four of them. Evryone I talked to, almost without exception, said the food is rubbish! Every single person points this out, although when I went up it wasn't too bad at all.

Also, it looks amazing, and its reputation is fairly good. I know what U've said applies to more than one college, but I thought that Caius had the edge in many areas. Some colleges were just too big, especially St. John's I thought.
gzftan
Rep:
?
Well the location was amazing, and most seemes to view it as a very traditional college which I liked. It's strong for economics historically, and has good fellows although only four of them. Evryone I talked to, almost without exception, said the food is rubbish! Every single person points this out, although when I went up it wasn't too bad at all.

Also, it looks amazing, and its reputation is fairly good. I know what U've said applies to more than one college, but I thought that Caius had the edge in many areas. Some colleges were just too big, especially St. John's I thought.
Yeh...i didn't want a college that was too big....but not too small either cos then there are less people there..and i'd assume its harder to get into.

G
sjoshi64
Report 16 years ago
Do you know if all first year undergraduates have to stay in Harvey Court? Or can some stay onsite first year?
gzftan
Rep:
?
Do you know if all first year undergraduates have to stay in Harvey Court? Or can some stay onsite first year?
Sorry- I have absolutely no idea!

G
Chegos
Report 16 years ago
Hey, I got an offer for medicine: AAA, and im pretty chuffed cos my letter said it was a competitive year
I stayed in Harvey court once and its pretty good..nice garden and stuff. All the first years do live there so i suppoe they get to know each other pretty well.
dreamer
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my friend does law at caius- he likes it a lot. he works damn hard, but he loves it. they have a college song by the way.
gzftan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chegos)
Hey, I got an offer for medicine: AAA, and im pretty chuffed cos my letter said it was a competitive year
I stayed in Harvey court once and its pretty good..nice garden and stuff. All the first years do live there so i suppoe they get to know each other pretty well.
Cool! Another person! When were you there for interview??

G
Chegos
Report 16 years ago
I was there from sunday night and then had 3 interviews on monday morning
RxB
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Harvey Court is architecturally minging. I live near it and I wish I didn't. But apparently the facilities are quite nice.
Tek
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
An undergraduate I know said they all have stay in Harvey Court (so that would fit in with what Chegos said).
rts
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
this is something i have always wondered:

do people at gonville & caius ever see stephen hawking travelling around the college or is he way above that kind of thing? (job description wise)
sjoshi64
Report 16 years ago
Apparently yes. Quite a few students told me they have seen him around a fair bit. His office is just inside the main court I think. A student also told me someone once tried to 'penny' Stephen Hawking at formal hall, although that sounds like a myth...
FoxyStar
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I once considered Caius in my short list, but didn't choose it at last coz I heard that it's quite expensive. dunno whether that's some kinda rumour?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (15)
8.82%
Confident (23)
13.53%
Indifferent (29)
17.06%
Unsure (46)
27.06%
Worried (57)
33.53%

Watched Threads

Latest