Anybody else with a terrible GCSE exam timetable?

Watch
Poll: Your GCSE Exam timetable layout
Absolutely fine! (7)
14.29%
It's alright (25)
51.02%
Terrible! (17)
34.69%
This discussion is closed.
Niki_girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It must just be the subjects I'm taking, on different exam boards or something, because I have a few exams from now until the 25th of May (Art practical, Business Communications practical, P.E shortcourse) but then I have a two week gap (on study leave) until the 7th of June? :confused:

It gets worse. Then I have History (Knowledge) and Biology on the same day (!!!) then Maths & Graphics the next day then French & English( poetry from other cultures) the next day :eek: then Maths (calculator) and English (Reading, Media & Non-fiction) the day after....

:eek3:

Anybody else got an equally annoying layout?
TLDR
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GCSEs are easy though! (not to undermine you or anything...)
Though it's never nice having two exams on the same day.

I'm in my last year of college, and my friend has C4 Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry pretty much consecutively in the same week. I am definitely not jealous of him o___o
Niki_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by TLDR)
I'm in my last year of college, and my friend has C4 Maths, Physics, Biology and Chemistry pretty much consecutively in the same week. I am definitely not jealous of him o___o
:eek: That sounds terrible!
KatieY :)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah they can be pretty terrible - last year I had a clash so had Geography 9:00-11:00, R.S 11:05-12:35 and 2 Latin translation papers in the afternoon . Worst day of my life!
matt2k8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you think that's bad, wait until your 2nd year of A-levels.
dannylj
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think everyone has a timetable like that?
marcusmerehay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you think that's bad, wait until you get to University.

Even in my AS Levels I had a Maths module, General Studies and Critical Thinking all on the same day.

Last semester I had 4 module exams 4 days in a row, this time I have 4 in 6 days, only separated by a weekend.
Niki_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by KatieY :))
Yeah they can be pretty terrible - last year I had a clash so had Geography 9:00-11:00, R.S 11:05-12:35 and 2 Latin translation papers in the afternoon . Worst day of my life!
Doesn't sound too good Hope it went alright with the results though!
Niki_girl
Rep:
?
(Original post by matt2k8)
If you think that's bad, wait until your 2nd year of A-levels.
Oh no :eek: Surely in your second year of A-levels you only take three subjects though? Although it's so much more difficult...
doivid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Niki_girl)
Oh no :eek: Surely in your second year of A-levels you only take three subjects though? Although it's so much more difficult...
Some people need to re-sit many of their previous modules in the second year, and this can cause problems. Although many of the AS exams are scheduled before the A2 exams.
emma363
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've got a gap from the 28th-7th, it's because of half term isn't it?

I think mines alright, i've got a few exams in a row then a few days free untill the end. I've got two on the 9th, 21st and then two incredibley fun 150 minute exams on the 25th!
username392981
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's not that bad mines only a little better. I have chemistry and history on the same day and 3 days straight of 2 exams but it's not too bad really.
fretter778
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You think that's bad. One of my friends (AS Level) has 3 exams one day from 9.00am-5.30pm with supervised study in between all of them.
squareroot1764
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have four exams on one day, one of which is an AS module

Also I have one week where I have two exams on the Tuesday, and then an exam on each day after that.
puma21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 10 As exams, 2 retakes this summer. :curious:
mathew551
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't take GCSEs anymore but my AS-level timetable is mental!

On the week beginning 7th June I have Psychology 1 and Chemistry 2 on the same day on Monday, Tuesday I have Biology 2, Wednesday I have C2 Maths, Thursday I have Psychology 2... Ugh. I'm really not looking forward to monday, Chemistry 2 is my hardest exam and yet I have to do a Psychology exam after it... :/

Not to mention 6 other exams I have to do in the weeks before that week.
easter_bunny
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just be thankful you don't have 3 psychology A level exams on your 18th birthday!

Anyway, though, that sounds pretty standard to me.

I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck :-)
Signe_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooh that does sound pretty awful, when I did my GCSE's, all my exams were on seperate days. Try not to worry though.
my A-level exams are pretty horendous though: Monday(x2), Tuesday, Thursday (x2) Friday
lattywatty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a few on the same day at GCSE; it's not that bad tbh.

I'm dead jammy about my timetable this year. Mon, Wed, Thur one week, week break, Mon, Tue, Thur week after. Harder exams saved till last too. Not to rub it in more or anything :awesome:
Ollie53
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have two 2:15 hour long A2 exams on the same day in June. Man up.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.85%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.95%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (112)
37.71%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.37%

Watched Threads