Turn on thread page Beta

Hav I just done something really stupid? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I wrote an e-mail to the admissions tutor at trinity asking about my offer. Basically I was offered AAA(maths,physics,chemistry) but I also study History. In my letter it said I had to sit all the exams listed in section 7b of my UCAS form, however I am probably going to drop history.

So I e-mailed the admissions tutor and asked would my offer still be valid if I were to drop History. But now I'm worried that they might say no and either:

a) I have to sit the history exam - which is fine because I'll just get a U and do no work.

b) they might turn round and say sorry mate you haven't got an offer anymore whether you do History or not.

Whats really bugging me is that I was going to ask my head of year about what to do but stupid Outlook express just sent it anyway!!!!!! So what do you reckon will happen - am I just being paranoid???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)
    I wrote an e-mail to the admissions tutor at trinity asking about my offer. Basically I was offered AAA(maths,physics,chemistry) but I also study History. In my letter it said I had to sit all the exams listed in section 7b of my UCAS form, however I am probably going to drop history.

So I e-mailed the admissions tutor and asked would my offer still be valid if I were to drop History. But now I'm worried that they might say no and either:

a) I have to sit the history exam - which is fine because I'll just get a U and do no work.

b) they might turn round and say sorry mate you haven't got an offer anymore whether you do History or not.

Whats really bugging me is that I was going to ask my head of year about what to do but stupid Outlook express just sent it anyway!!!!!! So what do you reckon will happen - am I just being paranoid???
    I don't think that they can take your offer back now, though they could say you have to take history

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)

I would've thought that it would be ok...seeing as the only grades they specified in the offer were those three...and they didn't mention history.

If they really wanted you to do history, then they would've made it part of the offer surely??

Hope it works out...

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaF)

lol this sort of thing really peeves admission tutors off (one of the tutors on the open day told me) because they can't do anything about it! I would have waited until after it showed up on the UCAS tracker thing though - don't think it really matters though . Normally if the offer is AAA, then they will say that you're not obliged to take the 4th subject but of course they want you too (hence the whole "sit all the exams listed in section 7b") so I think they'll either let you drop it or ask you to take the exam. I really doubt they'll do something as drastic as option (b) though!

ReputationRep:
    I was actually wondering the same thing with one of my A-Level subjects. The UCAS form does say you have to take all the exams which are mentioned, although I don't see what's stopping you from just taking the exam for the sake of it.

ReputationRep:
    am in similar position, am going to take my fourth a level but do absolutely no work, i'm literally dropping the classes for it so that i can make sure i get A's in the three others

ReputationRep:
    Just got a reply via e-mail..........

"your offer would still be valid if you decided to drop A2
    History"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I'm actually more excited now then when I receieved my offer

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.