Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is it me or is the avdanced level Systems Analyis exam rock hard, iv'e been going throuh past papers n I just can't get my head round it.

Iv'e gone through all the notes that my ict teacher has given me, still I cannot get my head round Systems Anallysis.

Has any1 else struggled with with systems

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skywalker86)
    Is it me or is the avdanced level Systems Analyis exam rock hard, iv'e been going throuh past papers n I just can't get my head round it.

Iv'e gone through all the notes that my ict teacher has given me, still I cannot get my head round Systems Anallysis.

It is supposed to be hard, I got 79% (B) and apparantly I got the second the highest grade in the entire the country.

I didn't find it that hard personaly but only 4 people on my course passed it and that was grades like D's. The other 26 people failed it completly.

If you revise though you should be fine. I found that the AVCE was full of lazy tossers hence the very high failure rate.

I am glad to see you have been working at it. What is you're stuck on exactly?

ReputationRep:
    A B is whicked in systems man, the college im at no1 has ever achived more than a B in systems analysis.

I know what you mean about AVCE being full of dossers, it is in my class no1 hardey does any work during the lesson only a few who do, im one of them. IWith the dossers in class it is really to concentrate on the work ur doing since there is so much going on around you.

Im really stuck at level 1 diagrams, I cannot get my head round it.

ReputationRep:
    Unit 5 is very hard although i find that if you complete unit 6 at the same time as 5 it does help.

DFD diagrams are ackward but once you crack them they are not difficult to draw.

Level 0 is a context digram which has one box called something like "run system" with all the inputs and outputs the system has running to and from it.

Level 1 is where you spilt "run system" into the major processes and show how the data flows between them - one little rule is that you must have in the end the same number of inputs and outputs as level 0 you cant invent or remove ones. Processes at level 1 are things like - "generate report" and two generate report box would be an arrow with the required data on it.

level 2 breaks down the processes in level 1 into more detailed drawings. So you would see exactly what processes are required to "generate report".

This link here may help you as i have not taught this unit and dont have any notes on my website

http://www.northallertoncoll.org.uk/...t%205/home.asp

Mr J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    It is supposed to be hard, I got 79% (B) and apparantly I got the second the highest grade in the entire the country.
    Glad they don't mark us on our English then :-D

ReputationRep:
    regarding a group of avce students, we are finding systems analysis very difficult (especially with the teaching)....... can anyone help with this complicated process with the exam coming up in 2 days!

Any comments would be most appreciated.
    regards!!

ReputationRep:

i'm finding it quite easy. Structed English, Flowcharts, Context Diagrams. it's all really easy. the only hard part is the Databases

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    im findin the process spec solid on pre release

theres so much i got 2 try and remember 4 section B

i havent got my test till thursday 22nd jan buts thats with OCR

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.