Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Fred86

Yeah, that was great. by the way, we were the group that nicked the other courses' jengas and I had the idea of leaving the photo as a ransom note. Did you apply there this year then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    Fred86

Yeah, that was great. by the way, we were the group that nicked the other courses' jengas and I had the idea of leaving the photo as a ransom note. Did you apply there this year then?
    hahaha!! Should've guessed - meanies!! Hehe yeh applied Pembroke but got pooled to Newnham + got a place, bout u? Hehe we were the engineers with the crappest act on the final night by far.... full of private jokes that no1 else understood! xx

ReputationRep:
    Nicking the jenga was funny, especially at the last night party when we told everyone ours had been nicked, and left the ransom picture. We also took a sign asking for the jenga back. The biologists hall was always locked, but then they invited us in (asking for it) so we got their jenga then.

Sorry, it wasn't my idea to start it, I was just involved with the piccy and trying to stay staright faced on the last night.

Yeah, I got an offer, AAA for Nat Sci at Trinity.

There are some pictures of us at http://tomlow1.free.fr/cambridge/index.php?sid=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floydkidcapri)
    Yeah learnt a great deal! Especially when it came to personal statements and applying to Unis. I applied to School Of Pharmacy London, Kings College, Nottingham and some others and because of my statement (and natural charisma) I got interviews, blagged em and got the places!

I herd Notingham had hard interviews for Pharmacy but this year it was a breeze, plus I had a lot to show for myself (MEDLINK, Sutton Trust, UniLynx, Volunteerring, Community work etc). I jus hope I pull off the grades now, cant wait to get to Nottingham!!!
    Whats UniLynx and where can i get more info about it ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by androidkiller)
    Nicking the jenga was funny, especially at the last night party when we told everyone ours had been nicked, and left the ransom picture. We also took a sign asking for the jenga back. The biologists hall was always locked, but then they invited us in (asking for it) so we got their jenga then.

Sorry, it wasn't my idea to start it, I was just involved with the piccy and trying to stay staright faced on the last night.

Yeah, I got an offer, AAA for Nat Sci at Trinity.

There are some pictures of us at http://tomlow1.free.fr/cambridge/index.php?sid=
    hehe thanks for the link that's funny! Don't think us engineers ever got a page never mind!

ReputationRep:
    okay onto more important matters...whats Unilynx please ?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to interupt...did anyone apply to do maths at oxford for the summer schools???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-k)
    okay onto more important matters...whats Unilynx please ?
    Uni-Linx is a selection of overnight courses held at Sheffield Uni. They're supposed to encourage you to apply to higher education and give you a taster into your desired career choice. I went on two Uni-Linx conferences last year one on Helthcare the other on Chemistry. I had a really good time.

The food was naff but i'd say it woz worth it. The JCR bar's closed off so there's no drinking and you're not supposed to go out past curfew but me n sum m8s went out clubbing. You've gota visit Nieche and SubZero if you do decide to go out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    I did one in Oxford 2 years ago =)
    hey so did i! What week were you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alivewoman)
    hey so did i! What week were you in?
    ummm, not sure tbh. WHat subject did you do?

ReputationRep:
    ummm, not sure tbh. WHat subject did you do?
    yeah, i realised after that was a stupid question. I did History.
    louise

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i realised after that was a stupid question. I did History.
    louise
    I think that might have been a different week to me; I did classics. Thinking about it, classics might have been the second week.

ReputationRep:
    I think that might have been a different week to me; I did classics. Thinking about it, classics might have been the second week.
    yeah it was and I was in the second week too! I think I remember the Classics people making fun of the Historians at the formal dinner!

ReputationRep:
    yeah it was and I was in the second week too! I think I remember the Classics people making fun of the Historians at the formal dinner!
    omg, yeh, that was it!! we nicked the 'history' sign, ripped it so it just said 'hi' and then put it on top of the dessert and passed it down the table...

ReputationRep:
    omg, yeh, that was it!! we nicked the 'history' sign, ripped it so it just said 'hi' and the put it on top of the dessert and passed it down the table...
    yeah I remember now. Do you remember the realy short student helper doing Maths that was really funny? Oh, and the Juiliette (i think that was her name!)?!?!?! What hall did you stay in? I was in Hertford.
    louise

ReputationRep:
    yeah I remember now. Do you remember the realy short student helper doing Maths that was really funny? Oh, and the Juiliette (i think that was her name!)?!?!?! What hall did you stay in? I was in Hertford.
    louise
    nope, they don't ring any bells...were they based at Hertford? I was at Magdalen.

ReputationRep:
    nope, they don't ring any bells...were they based at Hertford? I was at Magdalen.
    yeah, so we probably didn't meet. Except for the after formal or the cheesy disco on the last night at Magdalen...!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, so we probably didn't meet. Except for the after formal or the cheesy disco on the last night at Magdalen...!
    hehe, probably not. But wow, small world! That summer school was such great fun

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.