The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Edinburgh because then we will be class mates in both classes!!!! :biggrin:

If thats not enough motivation...
St Andrews= if you like living in a small cold place which is prestigous but not a lot happens in.
Bristol=If you want to live in England, like yahs.
Edinburgh=because you'll love it!!!

To be honest...
All are prestigous. By reputation, between them, there is so little difference that it should mean nothing to your decision. All are in lovely, pretty, historic locations. But I must say...Edinburgh and St Andrews's courses are a lot more flexible because they are scottish so if you wanted to take another foreign language/ finance modules/accounting on the side...you can!!!

Pleaseeeeeeee come to Edinburgh! Have you visited all threee?
Reply 2
Haha wow. You seem to like Edinburgh a lot. :smile: And you're right, Scottish universities have a more flexible course... but then the study duration extends to 4 years. And no, I haven't gotten a chance to visit them, and I don't think I will before I confirm my decision :frown:.

Though thanks a lot for filling me in on their reps, and if they really do make no difference, I think I'll stick to Bristol. But I'll visit Edinburgh for sure!
Reply 3
Well at least Bristol will save you quite a lot of money. Its not as if any of them would be a bad place to go to Uni at all.
Reply 4
Bristol totally. Apart from the fact its totally awesome the best thing about it is that its not in scotland which means your not in the middle of nowhere.

plus bristols a great place love the city alot to do

and then well be class mates!!!!
Reply 5
Scotland is not in the middle of nowhere. And I don't think we'll be class mates because we have entirely different courses... and have you even been to Bristol? :/
Reply 6
hmzafar
Bristol totally. Apart from the fact its totally awesome the best thing about it is that its not in scotland which means your not in the middle of nowhere.

plus bristols a great place love the city alot to do

and then well be class mates!!!!

:mad: You're in for a world of pain
Bristol is nice. Very nice.
Reply 8
killmylunch
Scotland is not in the middle of nowhere. And I don't think we'll be class mates because we have entirely different courses... and have you even been to Bristol? :/

well it kinda is out there meaning your travelling expenditure will increase. and well being in the same year counts for something right.. yea totally been there loads of times its amazing the feel of the city is so amazing it feels like home.

plus im sure more of your friends are going to bristol and you can totally go to their tea parties i hear theyr alot of fun
Reply 9
I'd choose Edinburgh.
hmzafar
well it kinda is out there meaning your travelling expenditure will increase. and well being in the same year counts for something right.. yea totally been there loads of times its amazing the feel of the city is so amazing it feels like home.

plus im sure more of your friends are going to bristol and you can totally go to their tea parties i hear theyr alot of fun

OP's an international student. If there are flights to Edinburgh then it's as accessible as a lot of places and I doubt it would make a very big difference financially. For St Andrews, however, you would have to tag on extra travel after the airport.

OP, have you looked at the places on Google maps? It might not be of any use, but it could give you a better feel for the size and stuff.
Reply 11
st andrews
Bristol. Simply because it's awesome.
bristol or st andrews certainly

there are more highly rated unis than edinburgh ( though edinburgh is still very well regarded)

I believe that bristol maths is the best, as it has world class lectures, plus since you are an international student, i presume you would like more of a city atmoshpere?

well if so, bristol is excellent for that
though if not st andrew would be perfect

good luck :smile:
Reply 14
Hey I like the idea of checking it out on google maps. Thanks for the suggestion ImperceptibleNinja.

And from what i gather, everyone seems to have a different opinion on this... I think I'll stay with Bristol. Thank you everyone!
Bristol > Edinburgh > St Andrews.
I've put St Andrews firm, Bristol insurance for Maths, and didn't apply to Edinburgh. I guess you should be able to figure out my opinion on that basis. I don't have a bad thing to say about either of the two that I applied to, and I know some exceptionally able applicants going to Edinburgh, who think very highly of it there. You really can't lose.

Latest