Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, today i went and booked my 4 day trip to Amsterdam, I've never been before and although i've got a guide book i wanted some recommendations from those who had already been. So if you've been how did you find it?how was the night life?any places I should definately see/avoid?any funny stories to tell?

Any info would be very gratefully recieved!

Tess

x

ReputationRep:
    i've been at the airport for a connecting flight...
    was a 4 hour stay...
    that's about it...

ReputationRep:
    Theres already been a thread on this - run a search for it.
    I said it there and i'll say it again - Heineken museum is a must

ReputationRep:
    Its lovely in the summer. Sitting in a coffee shop or bar on a canel is sooo relaxing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClosetGinger)
    Hey, today i went and booked my 4 day trip to Amsterdam, I've never been before and although i've got a guide book i wanted some recommendations from those who had already been. So if you've been how did you find it?how was the night life?any places I should definately see/avoid?any funny stories to tell?

Any info would be very gratefully recieved!

Tess

x
    I used to live there The penguins in the zoo are awesome!

ReputationRep:
    Its lovely in the summer. Sitting in a coffee shop or bar on a canel is sooo relaxing...
    haha

ReputationRep:
    Visit the Bulldog Café, watch people play chess in the square by the Hard Rock Café or even take part yourself. And there's a great Art gallery...which is free to get into. But I forget its name as I'd just visited the Bulldog just before we went there.

ReputationRep:
    live s*x shows are also a must see, thats if your interested anyway =] lol which high highly doubt that you aren't

lol dont take it too seriously...

and yeah as what sum1 said, go to that museum... ive been all around londons museums and this one is one of the best i should say

ReputationRep:
    Check out http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/ACDfrmGu.html for a good map of the area, listing all the coffee shops :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Go to the bar thats next to the Tulip Hotel, its a magical place where female waiters serve u in bikini bathing suits... And im not jokin, they r quite hot and fit too...
    After that go to the Disco coffee shop its a coffee shop and a night club at the same time, quite cool place too. Dam I could state so many places to go in Amsterdam but those r def the BEST...

Hav Fun...

ReputationRep:
    You must go to teasers cafe. Would anyone know if there is a van gogh gallery in amsterdam?

ReputationRep:
    If you're under 18 and wish to visit 'coffee shops' then don't be put off if the first one doesn't sell to you without proof of age - there are hundreds so just keep trying! Oh and when you find one it's [apparently] well worth it. :cool:

Ah, and don't go to the Amsterdam Stock Exchange - it may sound and look appealing but try to stop yourself from visiting it.

ReputationRep:
    ooh, great. Me & my BF are off to amsterdam in a couple of weeks. Thanks for all the advice!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.