The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That's a great time period to be doing!
Reply 21
Is this the 'From Kaiser to Fuhrer' exam? If so, I am so worried about it!! I've been revising loads but none of it seems to go in. I find all of the events etc so similar that I get really confused.
Yes it is the "Kaiser to Führer" exam. It's quite a lot a large topic. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it to be honest. Though we've learned hardly anything for the Wilhelmine period. Does anyone think this could come up?
Reply 23
davedave4619
Yes it is the "Kaiser to Führer" exam. It's quite a lot a large topic. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it to be honest. Though we've learned hardly anything for the Wilhelmine period. Does anyone think this could come up?

I hope to God it does! I've revised it quite a bit But it is honestly pot luck!
BODisGOD
I hope to God it does! I've revised it quite a bit But it is honestly pot luck!

Think I better teach myself it then hehe. To be honest, I'd prefer the Wilhelmine or Weimar period to come up than the Holocaust - its wayyy too depressing haha.
I have no clue about this exam atm

Now I'm trying to finish this coursework and deadline is 3 pm.
Reply 26
MagneticMeteor
I have no clue about this exam atm

Now I'm trying to finish this coursework and deadline is 3 pm.

Ooh good luck. It is such a relief when it's all done :smile:
Reply 27
i am feeling this one! my teacher has taught us nothing all year! i got a fairly low A last year and i need an A to get into university. we have 5 weeks left and i've only revised up to the causes of WW1 is this enough time!?
Also does anybody have a good formula/tips for writing a kick-ass sources essay as i am very confused!
I just hope to god the sources are easy to understand...

Good luck! How much revision has everyone else done?
Reply 28
I like it. The 1900-29 part anyhow. I wouldn't mind an essay on Hitler, but I'd rather do Henry VIII all over again than do Hitler sources (anyone have the Edexcel book? that source question on the popularity controversy is very very very hard).

It shouldn't be too bad. But it leaves me 1 day to revise for my Physics (resit) and C4, not something I want. [curse edexcel and their examination timetables]
Ahh can't wait till I have my German Oral out of the way and I can START revising for other subjects, including History.

Does anyone know which topics or questions came up in the January Paper?
i need help on tecnique, everytime i do an essay, i just start balagging it
Reply 31
[QUOTE="257532"]oh me too! There seems to be so much to revise for this and none of it is going in! i don't know if you use getrevising.co.uk but I just found some really useful powerpoints on Weimar and Nazi Germany there[/QUOTE

Yes!! There is so much to remember so i've made a revision timetable that i am kind of sticking to!! Are you studying both controversies??
Reply 32
davedave4619
Ahh can't wait till I have my German Oral out of the way and I can START revising for other subjects, including History.

Does anyone know which topics or questions came up in the January Paper?

I don't think there was an exam in january for this module but there is a spec paper (i think).
Reply 33
mhuss
I don't think there was an exam in january for this module but there is a spec paper (i think).

You're right. This unit is fist examined on June 16th!
mhuss

Ah right, so we really have no idea which topics will come up then!
Reply 35
what does everyone think will or would like to come in june?
One the pec section A was on the impact of ww1 on social and political tensions and the choatic nature of the nazi structure causing failure in production in ww2. Section B was on decisions being made in Berlin determined the outbreak of ww1 and Nazi regime depeding on popularity rather than fear.
I would hate for the popularity one to come up personally i think the efficiency side is more accessible!!
Reply 36
[QUOTE="mhuss"]
oh me too! There seems to be so much to revise for this and none of it is going in! i don't know if you use getrevising.co.uk but I just found some really useful powerpoints on Weimar and Nazi Germany there[/QUOTE

Yes!! There is so much to remember so i've made a revision timetable that i am kind of sticking to!! Are you studying both controversies??

I'm actually a bit confused about the controversies. Is one whether Germany was responsible for the First World War? Are there only 2, because I know we aren't doing that one? Are you doing them both?
Reply 37
my main problem with this exam is i never know what points to make for each essay. we've not doing much essay planning and as much as i have an ok grasp on the information i'm never sure how to use to all to build an argument!
the specimen paper wasn't that great i didn't think! ..... especially war production and just any social/political tension at any time!!
[QUOTE="257532"]
mhuss

I'm actually a bit confused about the controversies. Is one whether Germany was responsible for the First World War? Are there only 2, because I know we aren't doing that one? Are you doing them both?

Yep that is one. There are 2 other's in Edexcel's book for the course

'How popular was the Nazi Regime in the years 1933-1939?'

and

'How effectively did the Nazi State operate from 1933-1939?'

as well as the German responsibility for WW1 one.
Reply 39
[QUOTE="SirMasterKey"]

Yep that is one. There are 2 other's in Edexcel's book for the course

'How popular was the Nazi Regime in the years 1933-1939?'

and

'How effectively did the Nazi State operate from 1933-1939?'

as well as the German responsibility for WW1 one.

is one question is going to be on nazi Germany and one question on causes of ww1?

Latest

Trending

Trending