This discussion is closed.
FatboyGinger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
But not Rock and Roll.
No answers in the 'Ask absolutely anything' thread and a couple of us want to know

Is there alot of casual sex at Warwick? What's the general view of the girls there?

Also what's the drug scene like? Does Warwick have rep for being very anti drugs/ very pro drugs like some Unis?
Billton
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why on earth would you want to pollute your wholesome mind?
yelloworangered
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The girls are hot, the guys are NOT
ExitSoul
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by alexs211)
The girls are hot, the guys are NOT
So the girls turn lesbian?
marcusmerehay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It won't be much different whatever Uni you go to.
bxvgears
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
No offense to anyone here, but UK is not known around the world for its good-looking people, to say the least.

So don't look at the UK students for attractiveness. It's the EU/international side of the population you have to look at. They are the only hope...

Ex-polys won't attract these, but better unis will (warwick).

So you can be calm
NW86
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Drugs wise you should be fine, you are near to cov (a ******** full of drugs) and leamington spa is also 10mins away on the bus, a quite nice semi-posh town with a LOT of people running around doing drugd due to the proximity of bham and cov
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
In one of our stats lectures they did an anonymous drug survey amongst the 180 first years and the results were amazing.

In the first 15 weeks, 10% of the year had already had a sexual encounter that they regretted due to drinking.

I couldn't believe that 13% of the first years had tried crack cocaine before! I thought the figure would have been much lower. Pretty sure that some people were taking the piss and putting down facetious answers. Crackheads.

Bear in mind that this is a cohort of 180 trendy girlies doing Sociology degree, so it's not going to be representative of the whole university. Warwick is a good uni, most people aren't thick enough to risk getting thrown out for drug use.
Riderz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Um.. well its there if you want it. I wouldnt say that drugs are so much in your face as they are at some other unis, big City unis - Leeds/Newc/Brum all have more prolific drug taking than Warwick, but if you want something then its not too hard to get hold of. Casual sex..... again, if you want it. Wouldnt say its different to anywhere else. Go out, get drunk, end up with a fat ****...... go down the GUM clinic and get check out etc etc
SirRamAlot
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bxvgears)
No offense to anyone here, but UK is not known around the world for its good-looking people, to say the least.

So don't look at the UK students for attractiveness. It's the EU/international side of the population you have to look at. They are the only hope...

So you can be calm
Says the American.
Tae-Hwan Lee
Report 9 years ago
I know Warwick has lots of international students......

.... SWEDISH GIRLS???
lol jk

uhh, many of my friends are going to Warwick for economics (either they decided to go to Warwick, or now are attending Warwick). They said there are lots of hot girls in the town (including themselves... so I don't know if this is credible)
DontWantYourBloodMoney
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bxvgears)

So you can be calm
What an idiot. I'm from Scotland and even with the majority share in the worlds stock of batter we still can't do your outstanding obesity rates. You can't just say UK people aren't attractive and international students are, cause the UK has its fair share of attractive people as with the rest of the world. SUPERSIZE ME *****!
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
OP, I have never seen such a large amount of wrong questions in one place.
bxvgears
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm not American, despite what the flag says. Not even remotely american...

DIF
Zweihander
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by ExitSoul)
So the girls turn lesbian?
Yes, as evidenced by videos on Youtube. It's a good thing I could seduce a nun if I had to.

OP, according to my mate the two things that are prolific at Warwick are drinking games (ring of fire etc) and recreational drug use (weed is VERY big on campus).
TheTallOne
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Zweihander)
OP, according to my mate the two things that are prolific at Warwick are drinking games (ring of fire etc) and recreational drug use (weed is VERY big on campus).
Can't fault you on the first one :p: most memorable times so far are nights when we stay in and don't end up going out.
LukeeGRANT
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
This will be absolutely no difference to me, then! Most of my friends do weed and coke; which is really starting to screw with them now!

Roll on October, then! :yep:
marijuanahero
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DontWantYourBloodMoney)
What an idiot. I'm from Scotland and even with the majority share in the worlds stock of batter we still can't do your outstanding obesity rates. You can't just say UK people aren't attractive and international students are, cause the UK has its fair share of attractive people as with the rest of the world. SUPERSIZE ME *****!
Jokes
Totally Tom
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
you get raped by the Uni if caught doing drugs.
BuffettIsRight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't know about Warwick, but LSE girls are pretty terrible.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (140)
17.86%
It's just nice to be back! (212)
27.04%
Not great so far... (281)
35.84%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.26%

Watched Threads