Turn on thread page Beta

Please help me choose prezzies! watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm becoming godmother to my friend's two little boys and I don't know what to buy them! I want to buy them something real special, but can't think what! Anybody any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    make them something, i was mkaing my niece a patch work quilt for her christening but shes not getting christened anymore

ReputationRep:
    Ideas (they're ALL cliched!):

Bracelet each - engraved
    Money into their Child Trust Fund
    A BOUNCY CASTLE! They're pretty cheap now and they'll love you to bits for it!
    A voucher for a "life experience" - gliding lesson, flying lesson, parachuting, go-kart racing, formula one racing

ReputationRep:
    but won't the life experience one have to be validated pretty soon?

ReputationRep:
    i was given a bottle of port by my godmother, as far as i know its now nearly 18 years old and will either taste fairly nice or will get me a bit of money

ReputationRep:
    something made

ReputationRep:
    You could always get them engraved jewellery or something personalised, alternatively you could get them something different like a star named after them, adopt an animal, set up a savings fund for them, or buy them some premium bonds etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    i got my goddaughter a silver clock (sounds horrid but was actually very elegant and pretty)....although she is only just learning how to tell the time now.....2 years on......and i am also compiling her a photo album, which she sees from time to time. its got photos of me and her from the day she was born till now, and each page is decorated with things i have bought from craft shops (just look for scrapbook making stuff).

i like personalised things. and things which are special to just you and them.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.