Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i get the distinct impression that a lot of people on here are ever slightly excited about tomorrow. worrylingly so in fact.

so anyway, i go on the old msn messenger, and survey my contact list. expecting at least someone else in the world to be interested, given my experiences with the people on tsr, i thought they might have some reference to the results tomorrow in their screen names. but, alas, no. not one. instead we have insightful screen names like "i might av a black bandana wrapped round my face, i might have a 9mm on my waist!!!" and "may all your daughters be born wit three bottoms". quite.

hmph. is this the same for you?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly the same, infact. I have 2 out of 17 contacts online. And they are also trying to avoid the thought of results day.

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking the same thing :rolleyes: ....I have about 5 people online who are in my year at school, getting their results tomorrow and I am the only one with any kind of reference to it in my screen name....

I'm sure they're bothered really, right?! :p:

I'm soooo scared!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    maybe if i put something in my screen name people will follow suit. however they might just think i'm a loo-oo-ooser for caring. and i will be e-bullied. oh, the predicament.

ReputationRep:
    Go on Chewwy, be the trendsetter, I was! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    maybe if i put something in my screen name people will follow suit. however they might just think i'm a loo-oo-ooser for caring. and i will be e-bullied. oh, the predicament.
    LOL.

As for me, I expect people on my MSN contact list to be listing all of their grades (if they're good) on their screen names.

ReputationRep:
    E-Bullied lol. What is that? Like nudging you a hundred times or sending you that nasty Slug emoticon :eek:

o chewwy...gimme ur msn

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!! I've not been e-bullied, but no-one has followed suit on my list :p:

ReputationRep:
    ok, my screen name:

shaun - iT iZ oUr GcSe ReSuLtZ 2MoZo AnD i Am VeRy ExCiTeD

most people should get that the caps means it is sarcastic, however i am introducing the idea... perfect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitmap)
    LOL.

As for me, I expect people on my MSN contact list to be listing all of their grades (if they're good) on their screen names.
    lol, yeah, so do (did) i, but judging from their current behaviour i guess they're all too passive to do so.

ReputationRep:
    I was gonna have something about it in my MSN name but then I thought I'd look sad, especially if I chat to my bros on the net! Then I was gonna have "You play with feathers, you get your arse tickled!" just 'coz I love that quote but decided to stay with my current name for now :p:

Seeing as I have nobody to chat to either, except one mate who seems rather bored of speaking to me, there wouldn't really be any point anyway!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i agree - i was expecting to see people's MSN names referring to it too but no - well, only a couple out of the 9 or 10 people online atm. My friends are talking about it though - but they're not nervous - or no! they're all excited! im excited yeh, but how could they not be nervous??? i dont get it!

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 out of about 36 contacts online, and no-one's talking to me, not even my own brother! So unloved...

But methinks tis hard to come up with a name relating to results that doesn't make you look like a saddo :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have reference to it in my personal message [ching]
    Quite a lot of people from my year do have it in their screen name. Many people wishing other people luck. Its nice really.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.