Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This stuff is a lod of *******s... I've been usign it for about 3 months and the "Feel the difference in 2 weeks" stuff is nonesense. The only difference in me is a lowered sex drive... Don't waste your money!

ReputationRep:
    anything that comes in a tiny little portion is crap. for example froobs. ah, i love them.

anyway, actimel... oh yeah, that's got that l.casei imunitass good bacteria in. which is just lactobacillus if i remember correctly. which, uh, might heighten your immune response. goody. just get a multivitamin.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Write to them and complain.

ReputationRep:
    i felt good after a week then that became then came back down so stopped taking them after 2 months, i cant believe they do much good for you!

ReputationRep:
    i aint used actimel, but ive used other probiotics. I found i got less indigestion and my degestive flow(going for a poop) seems better. But i also use them infrequently, i only buy them when their dead cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I had a rather unpleasant experience with probiotics in the #2 dept! :s

ReputationRep:
    Cuh..loada rubbish in my opinion.

And they're a rip off.

ReputationRep:
    LOL those things are the FATTEST SCAM lol i pitty anyone who wasts there money on them, your basically drinking watery ****ing yogurt. i'd rather shuff a pill up my arse that buy them grrrrrr (ahh alcohol does it bettr)

ReputationRep:
    OMG I was just thinking of starting a thread to ask if anyone had found a difference! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    They're placebo in my mind.

was it jamie who said that it's equivalent to "putting a bucket of water into the sea to top it up"
    *goes back to look at her thread about "little bottles of yoghurty crap"*
    Waste of time and money!

ReputationRep:
    Me and my mum used it once withbad consequences-2 incidences of immediate number 2's and one toilet!

However my doc says its good when your on antibiotics but thats the only time.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't intentionally ingest anything full of bacteria. Ewww.

The theory of it being good for you when on antibiotics is because the antibiotics kill off your natural gut bacteria (except for the antibiotic resistant ones), so it's good to stick some of these so called 'good bacteria' back in, to keep the scummy ones in check.

ReputationRep:
    acitmel are ****.waste of money.i ve been using them for ages.dont see any difference at all.

ReputationRep:
    worst thing about these yoghurt drinks - theres usually 2-3 teaspoons of sugar in them

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2005
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.