The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Absolutely ridiculous. Barely enough players to field a side, yet there's still the money to be investing in a new stadium for the club...
Reply 2081
Hahahahahaha, remember what ken bates said, that if all the clubs voted for leeds 15 points, it would set a very dangerous precedent. Hahahaha i'm still laughing, you're all regretting it now.
Howcomes did they go into administration?
Well I think you'll get a few points back on appeal so not all hope is lost just yet.

30 pts is pretty unfair, good luck Luton!
Ares1224
Hahahahahaha, remember what ken bates said, that if all the clubs voted for leeds 15 points, it would set a very dangerous precedent. Hahahaha i'm still laughing, you're all regretting it now.

I'm regretting nothing mate, Forest wouldn't have got promoted if it weren't for that deduction :wink:
Not a Luton fan, but that much in points deduction is ********.
Reply 2086
If you ask me it is all too easy for a club to go into administration and wipe all their debts. My team, Sheffield Wednesday, have accumalted massive debts since relegation from the Premier league. With an initial debt of around £12 million now at £26 million. Yet some clubs just get rid of their debt for the cost of 10 points. Maybe the 30 point deduction will remind clubs to spend within their means and not be corrupt.
Reply 2087
SuperDaz
I'm regretting nothing mate, Forest wouldn't have got promoted if it weren't for that deduction :wink:

Fair point but i was referring to the Luton fans mainly and all those who will be suffering deductions lol. Good luck to Forest next year anyway pal.
Reply 2088
Owl1867
If you ask me it is all too easy for a club to go into administration and wipe all their debts. My team, Sheffield Wednesday, have accumalted massive debts since relegation from the Premier league. With an initial debt of around £12 million now at £26 million. Yet some clubs just get rid of their debt for the cost of 10 points. Maybe the 30 point deduction will remind clubs to spend within their means and not be corrupt.

That.
Reply 2089
Juwel
They have a 30 point head start?!?!?! #zomg#

Ha. I liked the double negative, too. :biggrin:
It's not just Luton... Bournemouth could be hit with a 15-point deduction next season:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/b/bournemouth/7500495.stm

That would make the League 2 relegation battle interesting...
Reply 2091
I found it really funny when I heard it on the radio. Obviously not if you are connected to Luton though.
30 points is too much of a gap for anyone to make up. Let alone with not many players.
Feel for Luton fans at the moment - can't imagine what I'd feel like if we were facing non-league football.
Joe Garner has just signed for Forest from Carlisle..YES!
Tricky_Tree

over a million quid tho :redface:

we've made two quality signings, lewis hunt and nathan ashton
Tricky_Tree

:five:
SuperDaz
:five:

love.ya.profile.pic:biggrin::biggrin:
Owl1867

By the reason Luton Town went into admistration was because of our old owners they did not care about the football team, we made about 15million in 3 seasons and ended up relagated. If Luton do go down this season it will be 3 relgations in a row. I do think their are some postive things about whats happened as now we will have good owners who totally love luton I feel we will finish 22nd and we will be back. Come on you hatters.
Take a look at this site
http://www.jayten.co.uk/
Reply 2098
madhattertom
By the reason Luton Town went into admistration was because of our old owners they did not care about the football team, we made about 15million in 3 seasons and ended up relagated. If Luton do go down this season it will be 3 relgations in a row. I do think their are some postive things about whats happened as now we will have good owners who totally love luton I feel we will finish 22nd and we will be back. Come on you hatters.
Take a look at this site
http://www.jayten.co.uk/

I understand that it is frustrating that it wasn't the current owners who broke the rules but I just can't see why this means your punishment should be any different. Again referring back to Wednesday we got into debt under the reign of Dave Richards, we have had another chairman since then who has just left. But obviously the debt continues. Just because you have new owners doesn't mean the past can simply be ignored.
chairboy1
over a million quid tho :redface:

we've made two quality signings, lewis hunt and nathan ashton

Good price for someone with that much potential and quality!

Latest