Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Yeh, thanks for that.

Not surprised tbh, they're really struggling down there.
    It's ok. I just hope we can build on this and make the play offs. We are so unpredictable and seem to play better against the better teams...but away from home too. Delighted today and we have Charlton at home on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    Hes gone!!!!

I feel like giving everyone a big hug :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Hes gone!!!!

I feel like giving everyone a big hug :hugs:
    Who do you want in?

ReputationRep:
    My shortlist would be Ady Boothroyd, Billy Davies, Darren Ferguson, Nigel Clough and er, Steve Coppell :p:

I think it will be Davies as he was apparently interviewed a few weeks ago and the transfer window is almost upon us, so we really need to make a quick appointment and bring in some new players. Our whole team is bereft of quality.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, hands off. :p:
    Davies would be a pretty good choice, he's done some good things with some good clubs.
    The only way is up, eh?!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Calderwood should have been gone before Forest even got promoted.

ReputationRep:
    Rochdale 2 :love: Shrewsbury 1

and I miss Holt!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    DOesn't look so gloom for Rochdale now, wonder how Bury did today, must check :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I want Roy Keane in!! So pleased hes gone, I think he did alright but was just out of his depth at the end.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bury only drew so Rochdale are only 1 point behind now with that game in hand.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, hands off. :p:
    Davies would be a pretty good choice, he's done some good things with some good clubs.
    The only way is up, eh?!
    Well anyone who can take Derby into the premier league must be a miracle worker :p:

(Original post by Tricky_Tree)
    I want Roy Keane in!! So pleased hes gone, I think he did alright but was just out of his depth at the end.
    That nutter! We dont have £50m for him to waste anyway so I doubt he would be any good :p:

(Original post by Rock Fan)
    Calderwood should have been gone before Forest even got promoted.
    To be fair hes been one our better managers in recent years considering we had complete jokes like Megson and Kinnear I always kind of hoped he would do well here but he has been out of his depth since day one really.

ReputationRep:
    3 points today for the Blades but expected as it was Charlton at home. Went 1-0 down so a good comeback. Sitting in 6th now, will take that at the end of the season as we are far behind Wolves (although not 2 days ago!), Brum and Reading.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton seems to be our bogey team for some reason.
    Although it's useful that B'ham couldn't get past Swansea.

It's pretty tight down the bottom!

ReputationRep:
    Southampton seems to be our bogey team for some reason.
    Although it's useful that B'ham couldn't get past Swansea.

It's pretty tight down the bottom!
    Yep, good results for Forest and Doncaster today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Yep, good results for Forest and Doncaster today.
    Charlton are really struggling - they haven't won in 17 or something like that?
    (We still managed to lose to them though....:mad: )

ReputationRep:
    Charlton are really struggling - they haven't won in 17 or something like that?
    (We still managed to lose to them though....:mad: )
    We put 5 past them at their place and went 0-1 down at home to them today but thankfully we came back with 3 goals! Been a good Christmas with a point at Wolves and then 3 today!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Both Bury and Rochdale lost today.

ReputationRep:
    It's got to be Nigel Clough. It defies all logic perhaps, but we really need to take a new direction from appointing the next half-decent manager who is currently on the dole. There's a bad feeling about The City Ground nowadays and I think it's important that we appoint the right manager for the long-term, somebody who brings the club together, yet still provides a level of competence and tactical nous necessary at Championship level. I don't think Clough is an unreasonable candidate, and what's more I think he'd be a reasonable candidate for all Football League Clubs looking for a manager. He has served a long apprenticeship in the game to shroud the name Clough that lingers over him - he has been a top player, an obscure but successful manager now for a decade, and contrary to suggestions he is not merely a convenient name without credentials.

That said, credentials don't necessarily matter. If Doughty is sufficiently impressed by Clough at interview - if it comes to that - that should be enough. The likes of Aidy Boothroyd and Roberton Martinez in recent years have come from nowhere with no managerial experience to be successful managers because the chairmen concerned were willing to take a chance on them after finding their ideas to be impressive. Nigel Adkins was, of course, the Physio at Stockport before succeeding Brian Laws. So long as Doughty at least entertains the idea as a possibility and makes a decision based on Clough's merits relative to everybody else I shall be happy whoever we appoint. Unfortunately, one gets the feeling that Doughty always has a one-track mind, and that his idea about who the next manager shall be is already fully-formed before the process of identifying and interviewing candidates has even begun.

Hence, we shall be stuck with another nightmarish appointment whom the fans shall detest. And winning over the fans is a big part of management. Forest have not really appointed a popular choice as manager throughout Doughty's reign as Chairman, with Paul Hart perhaps being the exception. Without any experience of management, he was a reasonable success given that he had absolutely no endearing features nor skills whatsoever. He was found out in the end, but you cannot deny that he rode the crest of a wave for a while.

ReputationRep:
    Really wanted to go to todays game, had to work though
    quite glad I didn't go now, Karl my sub has just ran out thats why i'm not there
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Really wanted to go to todays game, had to work though
    quite glad I didn't go now, Karl my sub has just ran out thats why i'm not there

Awww bless ya with your sub running out, yeah probably good thing you didn't go in the end today.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.