Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good results for us yesterday but only count if we go and beat Brum now. Come on you Blades!

ReputationRep:
    My god was I seeing things, did we actually..... win a game yesterday, I think that just saved Sturrock's job and now lets hope the team use that as a platform and build on it.

ReputationRep:
    Deserved 3 points today! Well done the Blades, me is very happy!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Deserved 3 points today! Well done the Blades, me is very happy!
    After what happened to Villa today this has almost made me up hearing scum got beat by the blades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    After what happened to Villa today this has almost made me up hearing scum got beat by the blades
    They were awful and their support was as bad. I know it was on sky but they are in the top 2/3 of the league! Shocking support today.

Bottom tier only..

As for the game, our first goal was offside and the penalty was dodgy but after thursday night do I care? No!

I love the idea of a top two-thirds of the league. I can see it being stretched so far as to say "Bournemouth are in the top twenty-three of League Two, yet they're not getting the crowds in! Horrendous!". When a club is having a problem with support it's incredibly difficult to get it back up again, we're having a similar problem at Brentford at the moment. We're a tiny club in West London surrounded by Fulham, Chelsea and QPR. Even being top of League Two doesn't really help us because we're not in the media spotlight at all, which is what got us slightly decent crowds in the successful Martin Allen years. Birmingham have a similar problem in that they're surrounded (albeit more sparsely) by clubs going through far better spells.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I love the idea of a top two-thirds of the league. I can see it being stretched so far as to say "Bournemouth are in the top twenty-three of League Two, yet they're not getting the crowds in! Horrendous!". When a club is having a problem with support it's incredibly difficult to get it back up again, we're having a similar problem at Brentford at the moment. We're a tiny club in West London surrounded by Fulham, Chelsea and QPR. Even being top of League Two doesn't really help us because we're not in the media spotlight at all, which is what got us slightly decent crowds in the successful Martin Allen years. Birmingham have a similar problem in that they're surrounded (albeit more sparsely) by clubs going through far better spells.
    Didn't she (sorry sorry sorry!) mean that Birmingham are in the top two or three?!

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham have a great chance of going up, they get decent support at home but obviously it isn't the same away from home especially if the game is on tv. I expected more fans to travel that's all for the size club they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lozz2601)
    Didn't he mean that Birmingham are in the top two or three?!
    Yes, top 2 or 3 of the championship so having a good season. Oh, and I'm a she. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham have a great chance of going up, they get decent support at home but obviously it isn't the same away from home especially if the game is on tv. I expected more fans to travel that's all for the size club they are.
    I dunno, they don't score enough goals IMO.
    (Although right now, who am I to talk, but....)

Didn't he mean that Birmingham are in the top two or three?!
    :rofl: I should just leave. :o: Sorry ipswichblade.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, top 2 or 3 of the championship so having a good season. Oh, and I'm a she. :rolleyes:
    Omg, sorry, I should totally have double-checked before I posted. :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, they don't score enough goals IMO.
    (Although right now, who am I to talk, but....)
    True! But they seem to win by the odd goal and not concede many.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: I should just leave. :o: Sorry ipswichblade.
    It's ok.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, sorry, I should totally have double-checked before I posted. :redface:
    No worries. Typical how someone should presume on a football thread it's a male posting though!

ReputationRep:
    True! But they seem to win by the odd goal and not concede many.
    Without Phillips I reckon they'll find that harder, though....

No worries. Typical how someone should presume on a football thread it's a male posting though!
    It's so awful of me, because it usually really winds me up when people do that. Ugh, I'm mad at myself.

Yet it's the only bloke present who made the silliest mistake of all. :proud:

ReputationRep:
    Yet it's the only bloke present who made the silliest mistake of all. :proud:
    True! :redface:

ReputationRep:
    Without Phillips I reckon they'll find that harder, though....

It's so awful of me, because it usually really winds me up when people do that. Ugh, I'm mad at myself.
    Haha, don't worry about it.

Birmingham looked poor today to be honest. We played better than we have been but not brilliant. Coventry away next for us, won't be easy.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry about it.

Birmingham looked poor today to be honest. We played better than we have been but not brilliant. Coventry away next for us, won't be easy.
    I don't actually think they've been very good all season - like you said earlier, they keep nicking lucky, late goals to win 1-0. Not a sign of a brilliant team!
    The Championship standard this year doesn't seem great all round, to be honest - considering the top three have all only won about one in their last six (not a sign that they're particularly good!)
    I reckon if there had been a remotley good team in the mix this year they'd be way out in front, cos I don't see anyone else of a high standard around.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.