The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Disappointed with Huddersfield's 1-1 draw yesterday after leading for so long. Nathan Clarke gave Stockport a point with an own goal in the last minute. :sad:

Still doing well under Lee Clark though. :smile:
lozz2601
I don't actually think they've been very good all season - like you said earlier, they keep nicking lucky, late goals to win 1-0. Not a sign of a brilliant team!
The Championship standard this year doesn't seem great all round, to be honest - considering the top three have all only won about one in their last six (not a sign that they're particularly good!)
I reckon if there had been a remotley good team in the mix this year they'd be way out in front, cos I don't see anyone else of a high standard around.

Yep, it's a poor standard yet again. Just hope we can make the most of this and go on a good run now.
lozz2601
Arghhh, we're getting worse and worse and worse.
Not amused at the Forest tactics, though. Could you have wasted any more time?!

Luckily most people at the top are slipping up at the moment; but I don't really want to go up with the team we have. It'd be a thrashing week in, week out.

I've seen it done against us many times. I don't mind us doing it, considering we are fighting for our lives!
Lots of games tonight so hope they go our way. We play Coventry away tomorrow night.
Glamour tie for us tonight. Grimsby away.
We've actually scored a goal! I don't even care that it's 1-1 atm, a goal!
I'm talking to a Wolves fan on MSN and he's not happy about that at all.

Brentford are 1-0 up and other results are ok for us so far.
Results ok for us too. Preston and Swansea losing and Ipswich also losing. Wednesday and Reading drawing so far.
Are you allowed to sub a player on who wasn't named on the bench?!
Not really. Could be a mistake on behalf of whoever announced the bench, what's happened? I see you're winning now.
lozz2601
Are you allowed to sub a player on who wasn't named on the bench?!

Wouldn't have thought so but I suppose if someone went injured in the warm up after the team/subs were announced then both teams can agree to let someone else take their place on the bench. I dunno! Why do you ask?
I don't want to blink in case they score changes.....!
(Also, the BBC website is stupidly slow.)

Well, Wednesday have brought someone on who wasn't named on the bench according to a lot of sources....maybe they made a last min edit, who knows.
Good comeback from Huddersfield, 1-0 down to 2-1 up.

Nice to see Anthony Pilkington scoring his first goal for us, even if he did get a hat-trick against FC United a couple of years ago when he was playing non-league football.
I'm so nervous about this result. We really can't afford to have Grimsby equalising and apparently we're not playing that well.

If Wednesday have done that that's surely against the rules. Seems like something the FA will faff about with. And he'll score a last minute equaliser, no doubt.
Hmm, some not so good late goals. Swansea equalising and Reading and Wolves winning. We must win tomorrow night.
DAMN Wolves.
:biggrin: We win. Bury lose, Rochdale draw, Wycombe win. Could be a hell of a lot worse.
lozz2601
DAMN Wolves.

Skysports news said it was a dodgy penalty.
Well done on beating the piggies!
ipswichblade
Skysports news said it was a dodgy penalty.
Well done on beating the piggies!

:banghead:

Yeh - I'm guessing you'd rather we'd lost, though?!
[noparse]:jangrafess:[/noparse]
:moon:

The moon. I am over it.

Latest