Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Luton finally confirmed mathematically to be relegated. Real shame, they've done so well throughout the season and don't deserve to be relegated.
    Yep, tis true. Hopefully they will bounce back.

great result for forest today...sheffy united are the in form team...and with 10men for 75mins...cant complain with a point...gutted watford/palace couldn't even get a draw with saints or norwich though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jh_1988_england)
    great result for forest today...sheffy united are the in form team...and with 10men for 75mins...cant complain with a point...gutted watford/palace couldn't even get a draw with saints or norwich though
    Yep, well done to Forest. Deserved the draw, don't think we played well at all.
    You'll be alright now.

ReputationRep:
    "We were hopeless. We were awful. We were rubbish."

I love Mick McCarthy. So honest. Most managers spout around the same rubbish about how their side showed character if they play poorly and win but I love how frank this guy is. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hey m8

im a kidderminster fan came to alty on staurday and must say a nice little ground you have up there in a nice place shame that you managed to get that 50/50 penalty decision in the last minute and grab a point off us but was no less than you deserved?

did you go up to that game and i feel for wrexham this year i remember near start of season when they played kidderminster away and i remember thinking this team are going to walk this league as they comprehensively outplayed us hitting the woodwork 3 times and working our keeper on numerous occassions...thank god we have the best keeper in the league but we managed to snatch the three points

well good luck on staying up and hopefully we go up through the play offs

man non-league football is so much better than premiership etc. more passionate supporters and feels like a small community in the crowd etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesh_91)
    hey m8

im a kidderminster fan came to alty on staurday and must say a nice little ground you have up there in a nice place shame that you managed to get that 50/50 penalty decision in the last minute and grab a point off us but was no less than you deserved?

did you go up to that game and i feel for wrexham this year i remember near start of season when they played kidderminster away and i remember thinking this team are going to walk this league as they comprehensively outplayed us hitting the woodwork 3 times and working our keeper on numerous occassions...thank god we have the best keeper in the league but we managed to snatch the three points

man non-league football is so much better than premiership etc. more passionate supporters and feels like a small community in the crowd etc.
    Nice one on the win today. Keeps the U's alive for the title! I reckon Burton may well lose against both Oxford and Torquay, 2 of the most dangerous teams in the conference at the moment which means if we can win against Salisbury and Altrincham...we could WIN THE LEAGUE!! Good luck with the play offs...and beat the village idiots aka Histon for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aidanftw)
    Nice one on the win today. Keeps the U's alive for the title! I reckon Burton may well lose against both Oxford and Torquay, 2 of the most dangerous teams in the conference at the moment which means if we can win against Salisbury and Altrincham...we could WIN THE LEAGUE!! Good luck with the play offs...and beat the village idiots aka Histon for me
    i personally hope burton beat torquay but only cause it gives us an icnreased chance of finishing in play-offs but burton are simply awful atm...they have turned into a longball team and it is all they played all game

shame we had that debateable penalty given against us at altrincham or it could be between us burton and you for the title

come on you harriers :P

o and good luck for going up as long as you don't beat us in play offs but if all goes to plan ill be in the cambridge terrace in a year and bits time when im at uni

ReputationRep:
    i personally hope burton beat torquay but only cause it gives us an icnreased chance of finishing in play-offs but burton are simply awful atm...they have turned into a longball team and it is all they played all game

shame we had that debateable penalty given against us at altrincham or it could be between us burton and you for the title

come on you harriers :P

o and good luck for going up as long as you don't beat us in play offs but if all goes to plan ill be in the cambridge terrace in a year and bits time when im at uni
    Yeah i would be wanting Burton to win if I were you too! But you should join the amber army when you come here (if you can be that fickle!)...park yourself in the newmarket road end of our stadium and you'll have the time of your life. Well we beat Burton 2-1 at home, and they were a great passing side, but it looks like they're going for the long ball now after their recent loss's. But ah man, if Oxford beat Burton on Friday i'll be buzzzzing. Mind you Salisbury held Torquay to a draw today, and knowing us we'll go and have shocking game there on saturday and throw it away.

Unlucky with the penalty, referee's in our league do my head. They give penalty's left right and centre, Torquay had 3 today but only put away the 1! Gutted.

But yeah dude, Kiddie VS the U's at Wembley...I'd be up for that set up. I couldn't face losing there 2 years in a row though...!

Tbh, I don't like Luton for a number of reasons, but it is a shame they've left the football league. They had awful finances and a really bad board and that ****** them over. They've played well this season and that's won them some admirers but you can't run a football club in the manner that they did and hope not to be kicked in the teeth. Sorry to see them go, but I wouldn't say they didn't deserve it in the long run.

Brentford won away against Bournemouth today meaning we now only need five points for promotion and eight to win the league. Exciiiiting. I'm going to the home game next weekend against Accrington with the two fine moderators of this forum if anyone wants to join us. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Rochdale drew today. 2 points behind Bury now too, hopefully get play off places don't see us getting automatic now really. Imagine Rochdale v Bury at Wembley, mayhem!

That would be pretty amazing. And I dunno, while it looks like Exeter have the form to take an automatic spot, and we should go up with them, the third is pretty open. Could be you, Wycombe or Bury.

ReputationRep:
    Would be nice for it to go to Rochdale but I'm not getting my hopes up, my hopes were far too high last year.

Fair enough Kitty. :moon: Good luck though, I wouldn't begrudge you coming up too. Rather you than Exeter after they smashed up our kids goals on Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    They did what :| oh dear. I'm soo looking foward to saturdays game though, going to go get my ticket tomorrow I think

Mhm, we have a thing at half time where a bunch of our six year olds from the crowd have a penalty shootout against some of theirs, and the goals are kept beside the away end. They broke one of them... :/ So we had to use the other, meaning no more minimatches. Ah well. Who are you playing?

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats stupid!
    Darlington

We can get promoted at the weekend if Exeter and Bury lose and we win. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    hey m8

think we deserved a point tbh. Yeah the penalty was debatable but Rod's goal that was disallowed was never offside so think that cancels itself out really.

Possibly the first team to go from 2-1 up to 2-1 down in 10 seconds.

I remember when they came to our place, it was bank holiday monday last august, and they brought about 1500 fans. Mental times. We drew 1-1 and think we thoroughly deserved that.

Monday was a different experience altogether, absolutely brilliant. Won 1-0 with about 230 fans in the away section and didnt stop singing all game. It was a really good atmosphere, beaten only just by Luton away (still devastated about that) but that was with 500 fans so y'know.

A really enjoyable game to watch even if it was worlds most expensive.

The only thing i didn't like about your fans was the amount of united shirts, easy clapping at 2-1 up, going mental when you scored your second goal and trying to goad the home support (the second bit i dsagree with). Oh and some of your players are *********. We stay to sweep the terraces after a match and were stood in the home dugout listening to your players, manager and chairman whinge about everything. It was really funny to listen to but just made you think what retards some people would be like. You were at the game, did we make "no chances and not deserve to be in this league on that performance"?

That is all, anyway, good luck for the playoffs, but if this year isnt your year (again :p: ) then at least i get to have the well nice pies at your place again next year.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my, I can't actually wait for todays match! Come on Rochdale.

ReputationRep:
    hi ppl, new to posting on tsr. huge palace fan here, we're still not mathematically safe so a win tomorrow against derby would be lovely

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.