Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy_The_Ninja)
    Hey all, just a quick question.

What are everyone's views on MK Dons these days? Especially since there's a chance they could get promoted into the Championship. As probably my local football league team, i've found myself looking out for their result every week for the past year or so, and they seem to have become my "second team". But yeah, I was just wandering what fans of other clubs think. Are they still hated as "the franchise", or have people moved on?
    Yep. I don't want them to get promoted and it's the only club I'd think twice about giving my money to despite the fact I've not been to their ground and I'm trying to do the 92 before I'm 30!!!
    Don't want Leeds to get promoted either and Millwall wouldn't be my first choice for an away trip so I hope Tranmere or Scunthorpe win the play offs. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Yep. I don't want them to get promoted and it's the only club I'd think twice about giving my money to despite the fact I've not been to their ground and I'm trying to do the 92 before I'm 30!!!
    Don't want Leeds to get promoted either and Millwall wouldn't be my first choice for an away trip so I hope Tranmere or Scunthorpe win the play offs. :o:
    I dont want Leeds or Millwall to get promoted!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xzoe18x)
    I dont want Leeds or Millwall to get promoted!!
    So Tranmere or Scunny it is!

Maybe try for a free pre-season event there? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Maybe try for a free pre-season event there? :p:
    Friendlies don't count towards the 92 grounds if you want to do it properly. But free would be good. I look out for cheap tickets most of the time, I did Huddersfield for £1 and Donny's old ground for £5 one year.
    It's mainly the lower league ones left to do for me as I did all the premiership ones in our one season there a few years back. :woo:

Friendlies don't count towards the 92 grounds if you want to do it properly. But free would be good. I look out for cheap tickets most of the time, I did Huddersfield for £1 and Donny's old ground for £5 one year.
    It's mainly the lower league ones left to do for me as I did all the premiership ones in our one season there a few years back. :woo:
    Yeah, fair enough. Just... MK Dons, eurgh, giving them money is inherently wrong. Have you been to Griffin Park yet? I think we talked about that before, but I can't remember. I've not been to many grounds, but I'm looking forward to Darlington next weekend. Speaking of which, I need to book the train there.

ReputationRep:
    I know theredsox stewards at Crystal Palace, but she's a Reading fan.

Come on Brentford! A win today, coupled with Exeter losing or Bury failing to win will see us promoted. :teeth:
    Sorry but Im hoping Brentford stay in league 2, it gives me more places to go watch Grimsby next year when I'm down in Southampton. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So Tranmere or Scunny it is!
    Woah woah woah, let's not get too hasty.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, fair enough. Just... MK Dons, eurgh, giving them money is inherently wrong. Have you been to Griffin Park yet? I think we talked about that before, but I can't remember. I've not been to many grounds, but I'm looking forward to Darlington next weekend. Speaking of which, I need to book the train there.
    Not been to Griffin Park yet but I will get there one day!
    I'm moving to Worcester for Uni this year which will give a few more grounds in that area to do...Cheltenham and Hereford plus the 2 Bristol teams.

(Original post by bourney)
    Sorry but Im hoping Brentford stay in league 2, it gives me more places to go watch Grimsby next year when I'm down in Southampton. :rolleyes:
    Lol. Okay, fair enough. you just have to make sure you don't get relegated first.

ReputationRep:
    Woah woah woah, let's not get too hasty.
    Haha. I hope Grimsby stay up, I've seen the Blades there a couple of times and it's always had the feel of a nice friendly club and a good day out.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. Okay, fair enough. you just have to make sure you don't get relegated first.
    We're making a fight of it, hopefully we can get a point at Bournemouth on Saturday, which would send Chester down.

We're making a fight of it, hopefully we can get a point at Bournemouth on Saturday, which would send Chester down.
    Yeah, you are. You're extremely fortunate about the point deductions, tbh, next year will be a difficult one for you. I can't see Chester winning their remaining games really, so you'll stay up because of that. That said, I don't have anything against Grimsby. My favourite piece of Grimsby trivia is a quote from Thomas Pinault after we signed him from you. "It was a horrible place that smelt of fish."

ReputationRep:
    I can't see Chester staying up now. You should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, you are. You're extremely fortunate about the point deductions, tbh, next year will be a difficult one for you. I can't see Chester winning their remaining games really, so you'll stay up because of that. That said, I don't have anything against Grimsby. My favourite piece of Grimsby trivia is a quote from Thomas Pinault after we signed him from you. "It was a horrible place that smelt of fish."
    Very fortunate indeed, both us and Chester would be long gone by now, but thankfully the FA forsaw how badly we would do, and did the only thing they could to hep us

I think we'll do alright, if Newell clears out some of the crap, and hopefully brings in a few decent midfielders, and manages to keep hold of barry conlon, I think we will have a much better chance of surviving relegation, and maybe even creeping up the table.

And with due to Thomas Pinault, I only have one thing to say about him ...... only on really hot days and when the wind is up.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see Chester staying up now. You should be fine.
    yeah, I quite like Chester actually, and I sympathise with the situation the fans are in, a what-was-once good team, ruined by successively poor owners who are in it to line their pockets. I wish them a speedy return to the football league.

Very fortunate indeed, both us and Chester would be long gone by now, but thankfully the FA forsaw how badly we would do, and did the only thing they could to hep us

I think we'll do alright, if Newell clears out some of the crap, and hopefully brings in a few decent midfielders, and manages to keep hold of barry conlon, I think we will have a much better chance of surviving relegation, and maybe even creeping up the table.

And with due to Thomas Pinault, I only have one thing to say about him ...... only on really hot days and when the wind is up.
    He's the main reason I like you, one of the managers I respect most. Barnet will be dragged into it even more next season, and if more clubs suffer penalties (is that going to happen? I have no idea) you'll stay up again. League 2 is in danger of becoming like Serie C or the lower Scottish divisions where the clubs who finish worst often aren't the ones that go down.

Pinault was crap.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am really praying for a Sheffield United victory tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    He's the main reason I like you, one of the managers I respect most. Barnet will be dragged into it even more next season, and if more clubs suffer penalties (is that going to happen? I have no idea) you'll stay up again. League 2 is in danger of becoming like Serie C or the lower Scottish divisions where the clubs who finish worst often aren't the ones that go down.

Pinault was crap.
    Darlington are in a bit of trouble at the moment, with administration and the works, though they have already been deducted 10 points.

And there's talk of Southampton dropping down and out of the football league, but I dont think anyone really knows whats going to happen to them.

And with Newell, just one more reason not to get relegated, that female referee, Amy Rayner, who he has a certain.... disliking to, has started refereeing blue square matches. She was rubbish last time we had her as a linesman, but to be fair, she's probably no worse than the crocks of **** that currently referee in league 2.

Darlington are in a bit of trouble at the moment, with administration and the works, though they have already been deducted 10 points.

And there's talk of Southampton dropping down and out of the football league, but I dont think anyone really knows whats going to happen to them.

And with Newell, just one more reason not to get relegated, that female referee, Amy Rayner, who he has a certain.... disliking to, has started refereeing blue square matches. She was rubbish last time we had her as a linesman, but to be fair, she's probably no worse than the crocks of **** that currently referee in league 2.
    Hmm yeah. Would they get points taken away if they were still in administration at the start of next season? I'm not sure how the rule works.

It'd be a great shame to see Soton leave the football league, I'm really looking forward to away days at them, Norwich and Charlton next season.

I did not know she's now reffing in the Blue Square! Thanks for that snippet. :smile: I doubt having one referee in the league will be that detrimental to you, considering that there's bound to be at least one male referee in League Two he also can't stand.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.