Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Unlucky Blades, although I do think the better team won in the end, I will greatly look forward to seeing Sheffield twice next season (that's not me rubbing it in, even if it sounds like that :p: ).

But Sheff Utd are a team that will always, imo, be up there in the Championship, so there will be more opportunities for them, and they'll make it back sooner or later.

Could see them four times if you wanted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Could see them four times if you wanted.
    Aye, I'm going to both the Sheffield away games, because I'm going to York Uni next year, so it's an easy enough trip to make. Same with Doncaster, Forest, Boro, Derby and Scunthorpe away (any I've missed nearby?). Don't know what home games I'll be going to, since I'll be sharing a season ticket again.

(Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Aye, I'm going to both the Sheffield away games, because I'm going to York Uni next year, so it's an easy enough trip to make. Same with Doncaster, Forest, Boro, Derby and Scunthorpe away (any I've missed nearby?). Don't know what home games I'll be going to, since I'll be sharing a season ticket again.
    Ah, cool. I'm going to have a fair few more trips next year too, and more interesting ones too. Last year it was Bury and Rochdale (which I missed) and this time round it'll be Oldham, Leeds, Huddersfield, Tranmere, back to London for Millwall and as many home games as possible, etc. I can't think of any you've missed, but I've not paid attention to the Championship for a while. Oh, I've got to go to at least of the Norwich games too, and I'd love to do Charlton and Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, cool. I'm going to have a fair few more trips next year too, and more interesting ones too. Last year it was Bury and Rochdale (which I missed) and this time round it'll be Oldham, Leeds, Huddersfield, Tranmere, back to London for Millwall and as many home games as possible, etc. I can't think of any you've missed, but I've not paid attention to the Championship for a while. Oh, I've got to go to at least of the Norwich games too, and I'd love to do Charlton and Southampton.
    Leeds would be a fun trip. They've still got tonnes of fans in their ranks. In 2000 it probably would have been a dream to be playing in the same league as Leeds, but that's how football works.

You should try getting up to Carlisle next year. It's not the most fashionable place in the world, but they're my second team and the place is great. It would be cool to make a day of it too.

Leeds would be a fun trip. They've still got tonnes of fans in their ranks. In 2000 it probably would have been a dream to be playing in the same league as Leeds, but that's how football works.

You should try getting up to Carlisle next year. It's not the most fashionable place in the world, but they're my second team and the place is great. It would be cool to make a day of it too.
    Yeah, I know! Had someone told me back then that in 2009 we'd start the season with Charlton, Norwich, Southampton and Leeds I'd probably have exploded in a cascade of semen. It would have been quite horrific.

Carlisle... maybe. I'll see how well we're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know! Had someone told me back then that in 2009 we'd start the season with Charlton, Norwich, Southampton and Leeds I'd probably have exploded in a cascade of semen. It would have been quite horrific.

Carlisle... maybe. I'll see how well we're doing.
    That was very graphic. Not just those four teams, you have Wimbeldon too ...

Depending on how each club is doing, it could be a relegation six-pointer against Carlisle. Although having been through several this season, it's probably best to stay away from such things and just tuck safely into mid-table :o: If only it were that simple.

That was very graphic. Not just those four teams, you have Wimbeldon too ...

Depending on how each club is doing, it could be a relegation six-pointer against Carlisle. Although having been through several this season, it's probably best to stay away from such things and just tuck safely into mid-table :o: If only it were that simple.
    Wimbledon will be playing in the Blue Square Premier next season. :pierre:

And yeah, I reckon it will be. It's going to be a really depressing season for us, but hopefully Andy will build up another team which knows how to win and just keep us in midtable. As long as we beat the Franchise twice and stay up I'll be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Wimbledon will be playing in the Blue Square Premier next season. :pierre:

And yeah, I reckon it will be. It's going to be a really depressing season for us, but hopefully Andy will build up another team which knows how to win and just keep us in midtable. As long as we beat the Franchise twice and stay up I'll be happy.
    Beat the Dons and Millwall and you'll be everyone's favourite team. Look at Scunthorpe. Not a neutral in the country wanted anybody else to win those playoffs.

Beat the Dons and Millwall and you'll be everyone's favourite team. Look at Scunthorpe. Not a neutral in the country wanted anybody else to win those playoffs.
    You say this, but I was in a pub in Waterlooville watching the MK Dons/Scunthorpe semi-final and I was the only one in the entire place supporting Scunny. It was really bizarre, it's not as if they have any connection to the Franchise either. We're used to being loved by everyone in one way or another anyway. Nobody really dislikes Brentford these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    I find Leeds losing. even better.
    Funny thing is that every one of the teams he mentioned were still fighting for something AFTER Leeds had been knocked out :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    I find Leeds losing. even better.
    Yep, at least we had our day out at Wembley this year though, unlike Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley? Leicester?

I'll be in Worcester so nowhere really close to me. But I haven't been to 5 grounds (Swansea, Bristol City, Donny, Peterborough and of course Cardiff's new stadium) so gonna concentrate and do those. I went to Newcastle in 2006/2007 when we won 1-0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Barnsley? Leicester?

I'll be in Worcester so nowhere really close to me. But I haven't been to 5 grounds (Swansea, Bristol City, Donny, Peterborough and of course Cardiff's new stadium) so gonna concentrate and do those. I went to Newcastle in 2006/2007 when we won 1-0.
    Barnsley? God, that takes me back, I remember when they were in the Premiership. Thanks for those two, though, they seem close enough.

I went to that Sheffield United game too, I think. Not the highlight of my days :p: I'm looking forward to Cardiff away also.

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley? God, that takes me back, I remember when they were in the Premiership. Thanks for those two, though, they seem close enough.

I went to that Sheffield United game too, I think. Not the highlight of my days :p: I'm looking forward to Cardiff away also.
    Maybe see you for a drink before one of the games when our teams play eachother then. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Barnsley
    Blackpool
    Bristol City
    Cardiff
    Coventry
    Crystal Palace
    Derby
    Doncaster
    Ipswich
    Leicester City
    Middlesbrough
    Newcastle United
    Nottm Forest
    Peterborough United
    Plymouth
    Preston North End
    QPR
    Reading
    Scunthorpe United
    Sheff United
    Sheff Wed
    Swansea
    Watford
    West Bromwich Albion

Does anyone else think the Championship line-up looks even tougher than usual next season? There aren't really any teams you can rule out as being certain for relegation imo and likewise I could realistically see most teams being capable of challenging for play-offs.

I expect West Brom to suceed again as they just know how to work the Championship. Reckon Ipswich could have a very good season too, along with Doncaster if they play their cards right. Can't see Newcastle or Middlesborough easily bouncing back to be honest, will be a very interesting season for sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonzza)
    I expect West Brom to suceed again as they just know how to work the Championship. Reckon Ipswich could have a very good season too, along with Doncaster if they play their cards right. Can't see Newcastle or Middlesborough easily bouncing back to be honest, will be a very interesting season for sure!
    My general feeling is that we would do well to reach a playoff place next year. It would take more than a single year to rebuild, and it's a tough, tough league.

That does look incredibly difficult. Blackpool might struggle, but that's the only one that really sticks out tbh. Forest might have another tough year, and Plymouth too.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, tough league next season for us all!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Jangrafess]Blackpool might struggle, but that's the only one that really sticks out tbh.QUOTE]

I'm not having a go but I love how we always get picked out as the struggling side by the media even though we didn't stray into the relegation spots once last season and finished on a run of 12 games with only one loss despite suddenly losing our manager at Christmas and having to completely rebuild a team full of loan players. With the appointment of Ian Holloway i'm optimistic we can finish at least comfortably in the top half of the table; I know he messed up at Leicester and is seen as a gimmick by many but he did do well at Plymouth and QPR who at the time were in a similar position finance wise to Blackpool at the moment. I'm hoping eventually we can follow in the footsteps of Burnley and show that it is possible for small clubs to suceed with limited resources

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.