The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Kevin J
Anyone know the odds of Newcastle getting relegated from the Championship?

Bookies haven't got odds up for Championship relegation yet, just ones for winning the league and getting promoted (and not all of them have promotion odds up). Betting exchange Betfair have them as the least likely to be relegated, but still listed at a stupidly low 6/1. To give a comparison, those are the same odds bookies are accepting for Bolton to be relegated from the Premiership (this being a side that just a year ago finished one point above the drop). This is the sort of reason why I always refused to use Betfair when I was running vBookie; the listed odds are such a load of crap.
Reply 3401
We have a new keeper :h: Kenny Arthur.
Kitty_x
We have a new keeper :h: Kenny Arthur.

Ex-Accrigton? He's an alright keeper actually. Nothing on Ian Dunbavin though xD
Reply 3403
Languagesfreak
Ex-Accrigton? He's an alright keeper actually. Nothing on Ian Dunbavin though xD

Yeah he is. There was a rumour that Matthew Gilks was returning, and I've also heard a rumour that David Perkins was coming back.. I wish :sad:
Reply 3404
Sheffield Wednesday v Rochdale
carling cup first round :awesome:
Bristol City at home. Maybe it'll be like the first round of the FA Cup a few years back where we struggled against them then went on to the fifth round and mass media adulation. :awesome:
Reply 3406
Jangrafess
Bristol City at home. Maybe it'll be like the first round of the FA Cup a few years back where we struggled against them then went on to the fifth round and mass media adulation. :awesome:

Have you seen our new shirts? Our away one looks purple :lolwut:
Kitty_x
Have you seen our new shirts? Our away one looks purple :lolwut:

I have not. Pics?

And we've got Kevin O'Connor on a new contract. This is ******* excellent. He's always our signing of the year tbh.
Two interesting cup ties:

Huddersfield v Stockport - Hudds should be able to win that with home advantage, Stockport good side though.

Macclesfield v Leicester - Another interesting one, but they should win that one after their recent promotion.
Reply 3409
Jangrafess
I have not. Pics?

And we've got Kevin O'Connor on a new contract. This is ******* excellent. He's always our signing of the year tbh.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~1693259,00.html
Reading v Burton Albion. Two words: 'Typical' (after getting Dagenham last season) and 'Predictable'...
It's ok I guess.

Reminds me of Harchester United's kit on Dream Team though.
Reply 3413
Jangrafess
I quite like it.

I prefer the home shirt, supose I'll have to see what it looks like not in drawings.
Oh i'm excited for new season.
Yeah, that's true. I didn't like the light blue away shirt for Brentford last season but when I saw it it was amazing.
I know what you mean. Our old away shirt looked horrible at first but when we saw it at first (3 seasons ago) it looked brilliant. And this last seasons new away kit had its detractors but looked brilliant on the first day away at Woking.

Inncidentally, i love the irony in them singing "who's going to save you this year", and then going to the AGM and begging for a repreive because of the chester situation.
FCUtdWill
It's ok I guess.

Reminds me of Harchester United's kit on Dream Team though.

:ditto: I was actually going to make a joke about John Batchelor buying Rochdale :biggrin:
Dalimyr
I was actually going to make a joke about John Batchelor buying Rochdale :biggrin:

Haha :biggrin:
Kitty_x
Sheffield Wednesday v Rochdale
carling cup first round :awesome:

Go Rochdale! :woo:
A thrilling draw at 'ome to Bradford. Can't remember the last time we played them at home, might have been when Julian Bennett scored on the opening day - Calderwood's first game. I remember going to Bradford, playing really well, leading 2-1 with a minute to go before they predictably equalised. Had we won that game we'd have probably had the momentum to go up automatically. Anyway, I think they should reveal the Carling Cup draw at the same time as the fixtures so we can brush that underwhelming feeling under the carpet. Real fixtures tomorrow, epic excitement time to say that it's just a piece of paper you can look at and work out which away games you're going to go to. Some signings would be nice, of course . . .

Latest