Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bighairedmike)
    Hey everybody. It has been a long time. Did anybody see anything of Matty Croowell when he was at Wrexham and what did you think if we did? We've just signed him from Northw*ch and he was their player of the season last year. From what i've seen he is fairly decent just inconsistent and a bit feisty/prone to stupid bookings.

And we've currently got Ben Muirhead on trial. What did you think of him Kitty?
    Matty Crowell never really going at Wrexham. He was injured for a long time, but he had a nasty habit (when he did play) of making very rash tackles and (like you say) prone to silly bookings. He was the sort of player that you constantly worry is going to get himself sent off needlessly, and quite a lot of the time he'd realise those fears.

On the plus side, you couldn't fault the lad's commitment and effort, it's just he was never really good enough in the football league (and had problems with injury preventing him from ever settling in the side). He turned out one particularly memorable performance, when he bossed midfield in the LDV Vans Trophy Final. Sadly there were too many substitute appearances where he'd come on, lunge into a couple of tackles and end up getting sent off.

ReputationRep:
    Sven with Notts County eh?

ReputationRep:
    Ben Muirhead's sh!t.

Matty Crowell is ok, need to see more.

And we've signed Tom Kearney. Which i'm hoping could be a quality signing. =]

ReputationRep:
    I have just orderd the new home kit!

Brentford's new home kit is so horrible. They've stuck these little white lines down inside the red stripes and it just doesn't work. I'll be wearing the away kit this season, as soon as I can afford it.

And we signed Bennett on a two year contract. Brilliant news.

ReputationRep:
    im a sheffield wednesday fan

ReputationRep:
    Away tickets are still so hard to get :banghead:

Can't get to the game on Saturday at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Away tickets are still so hard to get :banghead:

Can't get to the game on Saturday at all.
    That's a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FatBlokeOfNationwideAd's)
    That's a good thing
    It's never a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not over the moon about our home kit, but then I wouldn't be unless it was amber. I fecking love our away kit though!!! (seems you either love it or hate it)

Purple and silver. Sexy. Can't afford it at the moment though, gutted, and would rather go to 2 extra away games than that.

Yeah, that away kit is awesome. I quite like the home one too though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whateverwillbe)
    I'm not over the moon about our home kit, but then I wouldn't be unless it was amber. I fecking love our away kit though!!! (seems you either love it or hate it)

Purple and silver. Sexy. Can't afford it at the moment though, gutted, and would rather go to 2 extra away games than that.
    I don't know how anyone could hate that away kit, it looks silky and clean. I think the silver and purple really works together.

These are ours:

That's the home one. I'm really not a fan, splitting up the red stripes like that just doesn't work.

This I like though, for its simplicity and the fact that they aren't doing anything stupid with the collar, which seems to be a trend at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Nice colours on your kit.

ReputationRep:

here's our home kit for this year. its not even on sale yet and noone knows what colour our away kit will be. never mind though with only one week to go till the new season the club might pull their head out of their ass and sort it out

That's alright apart from the collar.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they've shown us anything of new kits. I don't think we have any.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on Saturday. The rest of you can catch it on Sky at 12.45pm. You can see our sky curse enact itself yet again. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    I don't know how anyone could hate that away kit, it looks silky and clean. I think the silver and purple really works together.
    Yeah, my opinion as well. It's a bit girly I suppose (maybe partly why I like it as a female!), but it's probably just the guys who arn't comfortable with their sexuality!

(Original post by Jangrafess)
    These are ours:

That's the home one. I'm really not a fan, splitting up the red stripes like that just doesn't work.

This I like though, for its simplicity and the fact that they aren't doing anything stupid with the collar, which seems to be a trend at the moment.
    Yeah I agree with you on both those kits. That away one's very nice.

5 days now people! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets to be jealous; our new away kit is the colour of Waitrose.

Aside from the similarity to

I quite like it.

Home kit is alrighttt.

Also, how decent is Matthew Mills, anybody in the know? (Doncaster...)

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.