Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

This is our home and away kit, it's abit small and theres actually been no photographs released of it yet :hmmm:

Brentford have signed Carl Cort. I'm yet to come to a decision on whether I think this is a good thing or not.

ReputationRep:
    Blatant plug here. If anybody who is the holder of any Premiership, Championship or Leagues 1 & 2 season ticket for this coming season is in the manchester area this weekend and fancies watching a (fairly decent) game of football we, Altrincham FC, have an offer where if you come along with your season ticket and some form of ID you can get in for a fiver as opposed to the usual £12 or so.

Just to let you all know, plus, i dont know if you saw last night, 2 Australian cricketers are now shareholders in our club and were drinking with us in the bar last night after the game against a Manchester United XI. Happy days.

ReputationRep:
    2 days to go!!! Disappointed we don't have sky so I can't watch it (the local pub has just taken skysports out and I don't really wanna go on my own out to see it!) but the radio will have to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Brentford have signed Carl Cort. I'm yet to come to a decision on whether I think this is a good thing or not.
    Former Newcastle player Carl Cort? Should be a decent signing. Bobby Robson once said he had unlimited potential. Of course, Sir Bob also said that Ameobi could be as good as Shearer once upon a time.

ReputationRep:
    I am so excited now, but I can't get to Port Vale :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Woooo nearly there. I'm starting to feel like a little kid in the run up to christmas. Can anyone else never sleep the night before or is that just saddo me?!!

And on a side note, that Reading kit is probably the worst kit I've seen in years!!! I can't believe it's actually waitrose colours haha.

On another side note, I went to Altrincham once. Nice club.

ReputationRep:
    1 day to go for me!!! Come on you Blades!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I think you'll be ok with Cort and Kabba upfront. Kabba was always a favourite of mine at Bramall Lane!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan_Johnson)

here's our home kit for this year. its not even on sale yet and noone knows what colour our away kit will be. never mind though with only one week to go till the new season the club might pull their head out of their ass and sort it out
    'Krbs'? You've gotta love the irony at Charlton sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Season starts tonight :eek: Big match as well to kick things off. Can't wait for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Season starts tonight :eek: Big match as well to kick things off. Can't wait for this.
    Who will you be supporting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Who will you be supporting?
    You guys probably, only because of my obligation as a Toon fan to dislike all things Boro. Although its only the first game of the season so I don't mind too much, just want a cracking game to get me hyped up for Saturday.

I'm so happy about Steve Kabba. I'm even starting to feel slightly confident about the reason. Someone offered me a free ticket to see Chelsea's opening home game, but it clashes with Brentford's so **** that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    You guys probably, only because of my obligation as a Toon fan to dislike all things Boro. Although its only the first game of the season so I don't mind too much, just want a cracking game to get me hyped up for Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what could happen here really? I heard that Middlesbrough is not fielding a strong team today.

-Dirty

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... speaking as a casual Boro fan (though obviously not too casual, or else I wouldn't be posting in this forum), would it be too optimistic for me to fancy us to get a narrow win? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind a season-ending injury to Chris Morgan tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Just looked at the live text on the BBC website... a draw looks more likely at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    A goalless draw. Not a bad result for us, considering a) our weakened team and b) United's promotion chances.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.