The Football League Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
FCUtdWill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
As long as Brentford don't finish anywhere near the relegation zone I'm happy.

Yeah, or you could ring each other or something like that. Fancy a few in a pub afterwards? I might have to bring a spare top to cover my Brentford one afterwards, cos when we've beaten you 4-0 the locals might not take too kindly to sharing a pub with them.
Sounds good enough to me.

Don't want to disrupt his sleeping pattern :p: Well I'm teetotal so you can do. We'll arrange something anyway. When Hudds have beaten Brentford 4-0, you can wear it then.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by FCUtdWill)
Sounds good enough to me.

Don't want to disrupt his sleeping pattern :p: Well I'm teetotal so you can do. We'll arrange something anyway. When Hudds have beaten Brentford 4-0, you can wear it then.
He's awake at the moment, just left my place. And pints of coke or lemonade are options! If I wear it then I might get the piss taken out of me too much to have a proper conversation with you two. Or three, if Cam joins us.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He's awake at the moment, just left my place. And pints of coke or lemonade are options! If I wear it then I might get the piss taken out of me too much to have a proper conversation with you two. Or three, if Cam joins us.
Bloody hell, what's up with him? Bit early for him :eek: :p:

I'll send him a PM when he gets back. Or if he's on MSN.

True, there are those fine drinks.

Hehe, I was only joking, it may be best to wear another top over it. I've done it before, wearing a top over my old Leicester shirt in the home end at Hillsborough :p:

Will Cam be going to the match?
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
Bloody hell, what's up with him? Bit early for him :eek: :p:

I'll send him a PM when he gets back. Or if he's on MSN.

True, there are those fine drinks.

Hehe, I was only joking, it may be best to wear another top over it. I've done it before, wearing a top over my old Leicester shirt in the home end at Hillsborough :p:

Will Cam be going to the match?
He needs to get back to Hudds for a driving lesson.

Yeah, I'll bring one along and judge the situation. I usually walk around in my Brentford shirt afterwards whatever the result, but if I'm hanging around all night then I'll bring a change of clothes anyway.

I don't know, he's still thinking about it. I'm impressed with £11 tickets, I have to say.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
He needs to get back to Hudds for a driving lesson.

Yeah, I'll bring one along and judge the situation. I usually walk around in my Brentford shirt afterwards whatever the result, but if I'm hanging around all night then I'll bring a change of clothes anyway.

I don't know, he's still thinking about it. I'm impressed with £11 tickets, I have to say.
Ahh right, he actually has a reason :p:

Yeah, depends on the result.

Ok mate, yeah not bad. Only thing is, me and Cal (possibly Cam too) don't know where we are going to be sat. Need to arrange that at some point today. Otherwise we're going to be a bit stupid
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
Ahh right, he actually has a reason :p:

Yeah, depends on the result.

Ok mate, yeah not bad. Only thing is, me and Cal (possibly Cam too) don't know where we are going to be sat. Need to arrange that at some point today. Otherwise we're going to be a bit stupid
Well surely Hudds don't sell out? So you'll find somewhere. And I doubt we'll be filling up the away end, so I'm just going to get in about 2ish and find a nice seat.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Well surely Hudds don't sell out? So you'll find somewhere. And I doubt we'll be filling up the away end, so I'm just going to get in about 2ish and find a nice seat.
If it was a Leeds match it would, but I doubt it will on Saturday. Probably around 10-14k attendance I'm guessing. And it holds 24,500 so there will be places.

I said it to Cal last Friday, I'm a Huddersfield supporter and not going in the away end :p: I went last year (in the home end), had a good seat as well, managed to see both Town goals right in front of me against Leicester.

Ok, sounds good. We'll probably do the same.
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
If it was a Leeds match it would, but I doubt it will on Saturday. Probably around 10-14k attendance I'm guessing. And it holds 24,500 so there will be places.

I said it to Cal last Friday, I'm a Huddersfield supporter and not going in the away end :p: I went last year (in the home end), had a good seat as well, managed to see both Town goals right in front of me against Leicester.

Ok, sounds good. We'll probably do the same.
Really? Reckon you'd get 24,500 for Leeds? What was the attendance for that last year?

Cal's told me he's definitely going in the Town end too.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Really? Reckon you'd get 24,500 for Leeds? What was the attendance for that last year?

Cal's told me he's definitely going in the Town end too.
Got 20,928 last year. 16,950 for Oldham, 16,212 for Leicester.

Some good attendances this year too out of our 3 home league games. The average is 12,121.

We'll get something sorted eventually. :p:
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
Got 20,928 last year. 16,950 for Oldham, 16,212 for Leicester.

Some good attendances this year too out of our 3 home league games. The average is 12,121.

We'll get something sorted eventually. :p:
Heh, far better than our attendances.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Heh, far better than our attendances.
It's a decent stadium too. Really like it.

So Hudds' average attendance is slightly under the capacity of Brentford. Nice
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
Lol, shush.
Kitty_x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Better than our attendance too.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
League higher though Chloe.

And higher than Bury's. :p:
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
And the town's only club, whereas Greater Manchester and London have absolutely loads. Brentford are surrounded by QPR, Fulham and Chelsea in West London alone.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
And the town's only club, whereas Greater Manchester and London have absolutely loads. Brentford are surrounded by QPR, Fulham and Chelsea in West London alone.
True. There is that to take into consideration.

One local team I used to like got to the third round of the FA Cup once and played West Ham and only lost 2-1 with Lampard, Ferdinand, Hartson etc. Think they did better than Huddersfield that year too.
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
True. There is that to take into consideration.

One local team I used to like got to the third round of the FA Cup once and played West Ham and only lost 2-1 with Lampard, Ferdinand, Hartson etc. Think they did better than Huddersfield that year too.
Which team was that? Stalybridge? They're the only non-league team I can think of off the top of my head.
FCUtdWill
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Which team was that? Stalybridge? They're the only non-league team I can think of off the top of my head.
Nope. They aren't local compared to the one in question. I'll send you a PM with it.
Jangrafess
Report 9 years ago
Nope. They aren't local compared to the one in question. I'll send you a PM with it.
How exciting. Quivering with anticipation.
Kitty_x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Yeah, theres Bury,Oldham,Manchester United, Manchester City around here.
The only time I can remember Spotland being full is when it was play off's against Darlington. Great day!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (76)
29.69%
No - I got the required grades (147)
57.42%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.89%

Watched Threads