The Football League Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
DJB_1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tricky_Tree)
Why would Stock drop a level? Also where did Southampton get all of this money from?!
Stock is rumoured to want to move back down south and apparently is a Saints fan. Southampton have a Swiss billionaire owner or something so they could tempt him with higher wages. Would be pissed off if this happens though, he is one of our best assests and could probably cut it in the Premier League so it would be disappointing if he went to a League One side. I'd be wanting more than £1.5 million for him as well but chances are we'll get ripped off again if he goes. I hope all these rumours are nonsense.
Tricky_Tree
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DJB_1990)
Stock is rumoured to want to move back down south and apparently is a Saints fan. Southampton have a Swiss billionaire owner or something so they could tempt him with higher wages. Would be pissed off if this happens though, he is one of our best assests and could probably cut it in the Premier League so it would be disappointing if he went to a League One side. I'd be wanting more than £1.5 million for him as well but chances are we'll get ripped off again if he goes. I hope all these rumours are nonsense.
Just seen that they are also after Palace's Neil Danns. I think he is also a central midfielder so may be you'll keep Brian Stock
bighairedmike
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by JonnyForeigner)
I'm not kidding.
You support spacklesfield, therefore your opinion is not valid.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
Great. Should be what we need then. Ipswich have loaned us six players in the last eighteen months. Cheers for asking.
It's ok. :woo:
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Here we go. Its not looking good.

BBC Sport:
Doncaster Rovers manager Sean O'Driscoll is on the verge of being named Burnley's new manager, BBC Radio Sheffield understands.

He has been offered the role after concluding talks with the club to take over the position left vacant by Owen Coyle's departure to Bolton.

Doncaster and Burnley are currently working out a compensation package.

O'Driscoll, 52, is widely recognised as one of the most progressive coaches outside of the Premier League.

He has enjoyed success at Doncaster since joining them in September 2006, when he ended a 23-year association with Bournemouth.

In South Yorkshire his stock rose sharply. He won Rovers the Johnstone's Paint trophy, and promotion to the second tier of English football for the first time in 50 years, comfortably keeping them in the division the following season.

O'Driscoll beat off competition from former Sheffield Wednesday manager Brian Laws, who was also interviewed for the Burnley post.

Doncaster are currently 15th in the Championship and club captain Brian Stock said on Monday: "Every time a job goes and someone gets sacked [in the Premier League] you always think that Sean will have a chance, but it's one of those things.

"As managers and coaches go I don't think that there are many that are better."
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Milan Mandaric faces tax charges
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8454317.stm

It will be a shame for O'Driscoll to leave Doncaster as he's completely turned the club around into a solid championship side.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Here we go. Its not looking good.

BBC Sport:
Gutted for ya. :o:
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BBC is also suggesting Brian Laws is in contention for it.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
BBC is also suggesting Brian Laws is in contention for it.
Nice to know that South Yorkshire produces such good managers.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Come on Blades tonight in the cup replay at QPR. Just been promised I can go to the next round as OH hasn't been to Bolton before, if we get through. They better not let me down but most probably will!
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully Laws gives the interview of life and gets the job. Maybe our compensation demands will put them off, though I know which of the two managers I would pick if I were Burnley's chairman.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hopefully Laws gives the interview of life and gets the job. Maybe our compensation demands will put them off, though I know which of the two managers I would pick if I were Burnley's chairman.
Yep, me too.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Phew, close in the end but a deserved win at QPR. I shall be at Bolton.
Feesh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The FA Cup is overrated.

Who do people think will go up from League 1 this year? I'm worried that it will be Leeds and Norwich in the autos and I don't trust us (Charlton) in the playoffs.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Leeds will definitly go up, suspect it will be a battle between Noriwch and Charlton. I wouldn't mind betting Huddersfield will go up through the play offs.
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Saints are splashing the cash, so they could have an outside chance of the playoffs. Also I wouldn't underestimate Colchester, they could be in the automatic places if they win their games in hand. They have a good manager in Boothroyd who has won promotion before with Watford.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 9 years ago
I love the FA Cup.

I reckon Leeds and Norwich for the automatic spots too, although I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Charlton pip them to it. And I think Charlton or Norwich will take the play-offs depending on whichever doesn't go up automatically.
Rock Fan
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Purely selfish reasons i'd want a Southampton and Huddersfield final in the play offs.
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jangrafess)
I love the FA Cup.

I reckon Leeds and Norwich for the automatic spots too, although I wouldn't be remotely surprised if Charlton pip them to it. And I think Charlton or Norwich will take the play-offs depending on whichever doesn't go up automatically.
Me too. It's only Bolton, yes, I've been there before yes, we will probably lose yes but I love it and can't wait! :woo:
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't know how but Brian Laws has managed to bag himself a Premier League job. Bet he couldn't believe his luck. Good choice Burnley.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads