Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by leedsblade)
Afraid so. :eek:

Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo of!

Gem
:laugh:

You should come and watch Barnet; far more entertaining.
leedsblade
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
:laugh:

You should come and watch Barnet; far more entertaining.
I've seen enough hooooooof in the championship over the years anyway!

Gem
Anne Auraque
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
2-1 to the Greens! We're up to 14th.....I've got vertigo!

The Holiday Inn is near the city centre....the Hoe.....and the clubs, so you'll have a good time. Well apart from on Saturday afternoon

Argyle to do a Palace! :cool:
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anne Auraque)
2-1 to the Greens! We're up to 14th.....I've got vertigo!

The Holiday Inn is near the city centre....the Hoe.....and the clubs, so you'll have a good time. Well apart from on Saturday afternoon

Argyle to do a Palace! :cool:
Can't wait.
You may well indeed be right. The league is crap therefore anyone can beat anyone minus Reading!

Gem
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by leedsblade)
Can't wait.
You may well indeed be right. The league is crap therefore anyone can beat anyone minus Reading!

Gem
I think that makes the league good. I prefer to go to each match with a feeling of eternal optimism, which I wouldn't have in the Premiership against most teams. *I will keep on saying this until we are challenging for promotion in about 10 years!* :p:

Also you can beat Reading, we did....but they have some superb players....Bobby Convey is one of the best in the league.

VERY good deal by Brentford to sell DJ Campbell...£500,000. :eek:
SideView
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
norwich get Rob Earnshaw for 3.5million.... hopefully worth it... big game Sat against Ipswich!!!!
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think that makes the league good. I prefer to go to each match with a feeling of eternal optimism, which I wouldn't have in the Premiership against most teams. *I will keep on saying this until we are challenging for promotion in about 10 years!* :p:

Also you can beat Reading, we did....but they have some superb players....Bobby Convey is one of the best in the league.

VERY good deal by Brentford to sell DJ Campbell...£500,000. :eek:
Yeah...the league is good to watch but gets a bit boring when you've been in it as long as we have.

Just got back from Derby where we played crap and won. What a match...had everything...penalty saved, sending off and many refereeing decisions that were ****. The ref did his best to even things up once he had realised the Derby player should have got a yellow not a red card. :eek:

Gem
Aeana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Swansea are still playing well I feel a promotion coming on yay!!! :p:
Lenneh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SideView)
norwich get Rob Earnshaw for 3.5million.... hopefully worth it... big game Sat against Ipswich!!!!
3.5 million for Earnshaw!

He'll be very good in the Championship and probably score tonnes of goals, unfortunately though his ego is bigger than his already very large head. Check the hummer in the car park, it has spinny round wheel trims!
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£3.5 million for Earnshaw is a joke! Too much money I think.
Worse still though is the £7.5 million the Hammers paid for Ashton! What were they thinking. It was all like dey-ja-vu (however you spell it, before Profesh decides to correct me) after the Hammers did the same thing with Hartson.
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£3.5 million for Earnshaw is a joke! Too much money I think.
Worse still though is the £7.5 million the Hammers paid for Ashton! What were they thinking. It was all like dey-ja-vu (however you spell it, before Profesh decides to correct me) after the Hammers did the same thing with Hartson.
But £3.5 million for a GUARANTEED goal scorer. Who else would you recommend? He'll give 20 goals a season.
Lenneh
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In the Championship he will score lots of goals. But in the Premiership he'll cost his side more goals than he scores.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think Norwich paid £3.5 million because they know they could get him.
If it was Man Utd, £3.5 million could get you a lot better player for example. Its just about who the club can entice.

Barnet won! Yay - - - after 90 minutes of stoppage due to Underhills creaking stadium electrics lol. Still in for a relegation scrap mind.

Sheffield Utd are going to get beat by Watford today IMO. I can just feel it. I have no idea why - but there's no pressure on Watford to perform. We'll see
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If it was Man Utd, £3.5 million could get you a lot better player for example. Its just about who the club can entice.
£1.75 for Akinbyi?
£3.5 for Earnshaw?

I know who I'd pick.

Earnshaw paired with Huckerby will shoot Norwich up the table.

I know what you mean about big clubs paying less.
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Barnet won! Yay - - - after 90 minutes of stoppage due to Underhills creaking stadium electrics lol. Still in for a relegation scrap mind.

Sheffield Utd are going to get beat by Watford today IMO. I can just feel it. I have no idea why - but there's no pressure on Watford to perform. We'll see
They won't. 100% sure they won't. They aren't playing today! Tomorrow night live on sky.
We won't win...never do at home to Watford so I'll take a draw even though Leeds won yesterday. Webber is out too which isn't good. Score draw I'm thinking.

Gem
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£1.75 for Akinbyi?
£3.5 for Earnshaw?

I know who I'd pick.

Earnshaw paired with Huckerby will shoot Norwich up the table.

I know what you mean about big clubs paying less.
I'd pick Ade every time because neither will be good in the prem so with Ade you've only wasted £1.75m and not over £3m presuming because of the figures mentioned we are talking about a club who is nearly up or hope to be going up sometime soon.

Too late to shoot Norwich up the table this season. They lost to Ipswich today...oh dear.

Gem
Anne Auraque
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gem....what is your prediction for Sat? Have you got many players out?
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gem....what is your prediction for Sat? Have you got many players out?
Afraid I'm worrying about tomorrow nights match first as we never beat Watford at BL and its all set up for a shock with it being on sky! :eek:

I think we'll draw both matches are we aren't playing well. We may even lose one of them as awful as it sounds!
Webber will be out injured and I think Deano is also out.

Plymouth 1 Blades 1 is my prediction with Akinbiyi scoring the goal.

Very much looking forward to getting down there on friday evening. Leaving Leeds around 1pm!

Gem
AAJ1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Delighted with the win over QPR. Looking forward to sitting back and watching the game tomorrow night - because whatever the result, I will look at it positively. And also, Gem^, oldest trick in the book to play down your chances in public then whether you actually expect it or not, hope like hell that the result(s) go your way. We all do it - O'Leary was the grand master at playing down our chances in the '01 champions league..
leedsblade
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll wave to the camera if you're gonna be watching then.
Actually it would be difficult as I sit in the main stand where the cameras come from.

And no, I wasn't playing down their chances and not telling the truth....despite us being 2nd in the current form table I don't think we will win tomorrow night. We could have easily have lost/drawn at Derby in midweek but unfortunately for you we didn't.
We are playing poorly for large parts of games but still winning which should see us through to the end of the season in 2nd place. I've officially given up on over taking Reading.

Gem
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.91%
No (698)
73.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise