Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pleasing to see when can play rubbish but still beat the inform team, it's all good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tricky_Tree)
    Pleasing to see when can play rubbish but still beat the inform team, it's all good!
    How do you reckon your team is going to finish this year? You've obviously had an exceptional middle-portion of the season (and it's made it a lot more interesting as it seemed as though Newcastle and WBA would just run away with automatic promotion until you guys came along). Do you reckon your team is strong enough for automatic promotion?

Just curious what Forest fans think

ReputationRep:
    It'd be nice to see Forest back in the top tier. It's been a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    How do you reckon your team is going to finish this year? You've obviously had an exceptional middle-portion of the season (and it's made it a lot more interesting as it seemed as though Newcastle and WBA would just run away with automatic promotion until you guys came along). Do you reckon your team is strong enough for automatic promotion?

Just curious what Forest fans think
    It all depends if we can keep the squad injury free I think. If we can get some loan signings in over the next few weeks, I hope that we can challenge Newcastle and WBA to the finish. We have a tough little run-in coming up over the next 6 games with our tiny squad.

Not sure though to be honest, no Forest fan expected us to be where we are right now!

ReputationRep:
    Colchester 2 points behind Charlton and 6 points off 2nd after 2-0 win. Awful pitch though.

ReputationRep:
    A full programme in the Championship today, with a bunch more in League 1 and 2 -

The Coca-Cola Football League Championship

Cardiff v Peterborough, 19:45
    Coventry v Nottm Forest, 19:45
    Crystal Palace v Swansea, 20:00
    Derby v Newcastle, 19:45
    Leicester v Doncaster, 19:45
    Middlesbrough v Barnsley, 20:00
    Preston v Sheff Utd, 19:45
    QPR v Ipswich, 20:00
    Reading v Plymouth, 20:00
    Sheff Wed v Blackpool, 19:45
    Watford v Bristol City, 19:45
    West Brom v Scunthorpe, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League One

Brighton v Huddersfield, 19:45
    Bristol Rovers v Walsall, 19:45
    Gillingham v Tranmere, 19:45
    Swindon v Oldham, 19:45

Coca-Cola Football League Two

Bournemouth v Notts County, 19:45
    Bury v Macclesfield, 19:45
    Cheltenham v Burton Albion, 19:45
    Darlington v Lincoln City, 19:45
    Northampton v Accrington Stanley, 19:45
    Port Vale v Chesterfield, 19:45
    Rotherham v Dag & Red, 19:45
    Shrewsbury v Barnet, 19:45

ReputationRep:
    I fear the worse although we have signed an Arsenal youngster today on loan! Kyle Bartley - he's only 18!

ReputationRep:
    Coventry manager Chris Coleman has avoided a touchline ban but been fined £1,000 after admitting a Football Association improper conduct charge.

He went before the FA's disciplinary panel for confronting referee Michael Oliver on the pitch after the 3-2 defeat at Ipswich on 16 January.

The Sky Blues boss was upset that there was enough stoppage time for Ipswich to score a 97th-minute winner.

The fourth official had indicated there would be a minimum four minutes.

City had themselves equalised in the 95th minute.
    Hehe...although I'm wondering if BBC have got the time right for the Coventry equaliser. I thought it was the 96th minute. Must have taken ages for the game to be restarted, then, since I can clearly remember that Ipswich scored 12 seconds after the kickoff, and Coleman was livid about the ref allowing the game to go on for those 12 seconds that ultimately cost his side a point that they probably shouldn't have had in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    I love this about Preston's first goal... (NOT)

The first, on 10 minutes, was aided by... A) New boy Bartley being off the field receiving treatment, B) The ball hitting referee Eddie Ilderton to break up a Blades move and C) a massive and telling deflection on Matt James' shot.

ReputationRep:
    Another **** result, gahh!

ReputationRep:
    9 points out of 9 and we're STILL in the bottom three. What's with that?!

ReputationRep:
    :sigh: Derby are our Boegy team

ReputationRep:
    Great win today, that's 5 wins out of 7 under Alan Irvine, but we're by no means out of it yet. Just look at the bottom half of the table, so close! And everyone below us has games in hand... -
    http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/f...le/default.stm

Plymouth and Peterborough look out of the race to avoid relegation. However that last spot could be filled by literally anyone and I fear 52 points won't be enough for safety. Still, only 6 wins away from 52 points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Great win today, that's 5 wins out of 7 under Alan Irvine, but we're by no means out of it yet. Just look at the bottom half of the table, so close! And everyone below us has games in hand... -

Plymouth and Peterborough look out of the race to avoid relegation. However that last spot could be filled by literally anyone and I fear 52 points won't be enough for safety. Still, only 6 wins away from 52 points.
    Does look very tight. I think Peterborough are gone, surprised to still Ipswich down there! They've been on a good run for a while now. I'm sure Wednesday will be fine..
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Phobia27)

Glad someone was able to put the fixtures up while i've been away another good win for your boys tonight, think you will be alright this season. The crazy thing is you are only nine points off a play off spot.

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth are catching us up!

ReputationRep:
    Decent draw for us away at Leicester, we got what we went for. They are a dull team, no wonder they don't score too many. As for relegation I would like to see Scunthorpe go down as I dislike them for obvious reasons. Could be QPR as they are dropping quite fast and have a poor manager. I'll be happy as long as it's not us though which I wouldn't rule out.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    Bournemouth are catching us up!
    They seem to have got over their little wobble, hopefully Rochdale aren't about to start one themselves, plus with Bury still being up there.

It would be an absolute dream to see QPR go down.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    It would be an absolute dream to see QPR go down.
    Ah QPR will go down, there's always one team who drops from high up the table.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.