Turn on thread page Beta

I doubt they will. It'd be great to be in the same division as them though.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday afternoon and no updates on any Football League fixtures? :eek3: Sheffield Wednesday aren't playing today, which I'm glad cause everyone having games on hand to us made me a little edgy.

ReputationRep:
    Get in! Great result, much needed. Real good performance from us. 15 points to go until safety.
    :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

ReputationRep:
    Great performance today from Rovers, one of the best games at the Keepmoat this season too.

Billy Sharp is God. (L)

ReputationRep:
    It was the most exciting and enjoyable games at the Keepmoat for a while with an intense atmosphere as it always is against Forest. Billy Sharp is a top striker, he just doesn't miss from there. How he only scored eight league goals in two seasons at Sheffield Utd is beyond me.

1-1 with Wycombe at home. Depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I am loving coventry atm, we are showing our potential now, a good win today! 10th in the table! Im not going to say the P word because getting promoted would do us more harm than good, but its good to see the run we are on now, also any bristol city fans here? I was reading on ur forums that you dont want johnson as a manager, just wondering ur views

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    1-1 with Wycombe at home. Depressing.
    I was at this game as a Wycombe fan. 1-1 was probably a fair result, but Wycombe fans will think of this as 3 points dropped. We dominated the first half and didn't have much to show for it. Few chances all game but Brentford took their goal well; you always knew it was going in once the guy has kicked it. After the goal, it looked like Brentford were going to snatch all 3 points but, luckily, they didn't

(Original post by danc2005)
    I was at this game as a Wycombe fan. 1-1 was probably a fair result, but Wycombe fans will think of this as 3 points dropped. We dominated the first half and didn't have much to show for it. Few chances all game but Brentford took their goal well; you always knew it was going in once the guy has kicked it. After the goal, it looked like Brentford were going to snatch all 3 points but, luckily, they didn't
    Fair enough to you. We were really really poor today compared to how we're capable of playing.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough to you. We were really really poor today compared to how we're capable of playing.
    It's amazing how many times I've heard fans say this when we play them this season. It's as if it's incomprehensible that Wycombe might actually play well for a change.

It's amazing how many times I've heard fans say this when we play them this season. It's as if it's incomprehensible that Wycombe might actually play well for a change.
    You played well, we played badly. I'm not meaning to insult you in any way. You're one of the teams I'd rather stay up.

ReputationRep:
    You played well, we played badly. I'm not meaning to insult you in any way. You're one of the teams I'd rather stay up.
    Nah, wasn't having a pop at you or anything. Just would be nice for Wycombe to have some credit every now and again

Were you at the 3-3 cracker of a game last season? Was fully expecting big John Akinde to score against us today after he did so well against you in that game last season.

What stand are you usually in? The Ealing Terrace?

Nah, wasn't having a pop at you or anything. Just would be nice for Wycombe to have some credit every now and again

Were you at the 3-3 cracker of a game last season? Was fully expecting big John Akinde to score against us today after he did so well against you in that game last season.

What stand are you usually in? The Ealing Terrace?
    I wasn't there, I find it hard to get down so often from uni. I go to all the away games around Manchester now and get back down here as often as I can. The reaction on the BFC forum to Akinde has been massively positive so far, nearly all based around that game! Haven't seen much of him in his games yet though.

Yeah, Ealing terrace. Only place to be. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't there, I find it hard to get down so often from uni. I go to all the away games around Manchester now and get back down here as often as I can. The reaction on the BFC forum to Akinde has been massively positive so far, nearly all based around that game! Haven't seen much of him in his games yet though.

Yeah, Ealing terrace. Only place to be. :coma:
    Were you there today? (can't quite work it out if you were from your post-match comments :p: ). He was pretty quiet today I thought, thought he might have done a bit more against our weak defence.

What do you think the noise projection is like at GP? I thought the away fans were in good voice today, but I've read comments criticizing the away support. Likewise, i was the home fans clapping and chanting, but couldn't hear anything.

Were you there today? (can't quite work it out if you were from your post-match comments :p: ). He was pretty quiet today I thought, thought he might have done a bit more against our weak defence.

What do you think the noise projection is like at GP? I thought the away fans were in good voice today, but I've read comments criticizing the away support. Likewise, i was the home fans clapping and chanting, but couldn't hear anything.
    Nope, couldn't make it, annoyingly. Got a fair few reports from mates who were there and read through the BFC forums, so not an amazingly fair view, but no one said anything that negative about you!

Pretty crap. Only the Ealing Road end makes a good amount of noise these days for the home fans and it just drifts straight into the air. We used to be in the bit you sat in today and could always get an atmosphere going there. I miss that, but I prefer having the open air terraces in a way too.

ReputationRep:
    Finally a win!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    I am loving coventry atm, we are showing our potential now, a good win today! 10th in the table! Im not going to say the P word because getting promoted would do us more harm than good, but its good to see the run we are on now, also any bristol city fans here? I was reading on ur forums that you dont want johnson as a manager, just wondering ur views
    We've signed Elliott Ward on a 1 month emergency loan from Cov. Any good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    We've signed Elliott Ward on a 1 month emergency loan from Cov. Any good?
    Yeh, very solid defender, sad to see him go on loan tbh, he was always good cover to do a good job, kinda fell out of favour with Coleman tho, i heard it was to do with us having to pay westham an appearance fee soon tho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipswichblade)
    Finally a win!
    hey im a cov fan, we have just got jon stead on loan with a view for a permanent deal, what do you think? Sad to see him go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stringer987)
    hey im a cov fan, we have just got jon stead on loan with a view for a permanent deal, what do you think? Sad to see him go?
    He left us a while ago-he's moved to you from Ipswich and I don't support Ipswich. I support the Blades hence Blade in my name-I use to live in Ipswich hence IpswichBlade!

He did quite well with us to be fair and many were sad to see him go at the time.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.