The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
Paul Fart new Palace manager. How does this guy keep getting good jobs?
elli_emc
Aye, he's pretty good, as long as he keeps his mouth shut away from the pitch...

He's passionate so aint gonna happen!
ipswichblade
He's passionate so aint gonna happen!

Aye, can't fault him for passion, I'll give you that!
elli_emc
Aye, he's pretty good, as long as he keeps his mouth shut away from the pitch...

:rofl: Like he knows how to keep his gob shut :biggrin:

But what the hell is with Palace at the minute? QPR announce the appointment and Warnock is seen in a QPR jacket at their training ground, and Palace then say that QPR shouldn't have announced it because the legal documentation wasn't complete or some pish...and now the administrator's come out and said that Warnock didn't have the stomach to continue with Palace (so if he couldn't handle it at Palace, the obvious move is to jump to a team who are only three points above Palace :rolleyes:). Is it just me, or are Palace a little bitter?

And I suspect he'll last longer than the other QPR managers of late; Flavio's no longer chairman, remember :wink:
I hope he crashes and burns.
Reply 4785
Rochdale 4 - 0 Rotherham!
This is amazing, and I feel after this performance we MAY go up into league 1! UP THE DALE.
Kitty_x
This is amazing, and I feel after this performance we MAY go up into league 1! UP THE DALE.

With the position they're in, if Rochdale don't get out of League Two then there's something SERIOUSLY wrong :p:
Keith Alexander, the Macclesfield manager, has passed away aged 53.
Reply 4788
Shocking news about Keith Alexander. I can remember when he was on the verge of returning to work in 2004 after his first illness and his Lincoln side beat us 2-0 with the caretaker in charge. Seemed like a decent guy and did a great job at Lincoln and Macclesfield.
Kitty_x

Won't beat us though :smile:

2 losses in 16 :woo:
Ahhh, I was going to come in and mention Keith Alexander too. Great pity, that.
Another good, yet scrappy win for Notts. First time we've ever beaten Macclesfield at home last night. Good little run, few clean sheets, hope to see us pounce on the top 2/3 now.

Shame to see Keith Alexander pass away. Been struggling with illness (brain tumour?) for sometime now..is a huge loss to football. RIP Keith.

It would certainly be a very good achievement for Rochdale to somehow not go up automatically this year, for the 40th odd time of asking! haha love over due!
RIP Keith Alexander
Reply 4793
claretfairy
Won't beat us though :smile:

2 losses in 16 :woo:

Don't speak too soon the footballing gods might make you eat those words.
We are 19 points above you :p:

RIP Keith Alexander
southampton 5 walsall 1 on saturday.. then southampton 5 huddersfield 0 on the tuesday haha BOOM!

i was so close with my bets too :frown: had 3-1 on first match and 4-1 on the second... only quid bets but still! 24 and 33 quid that woulda been xD
I dont know if anyone here listens to 606 on five live, but they emailled me about if i would like to speak on the show on saturday about coventry!
Oh nice!
Can you believe Warnock was getting 15K a wk as manager of CP?!
Warnock given a 3&1/2 year contract at QPR. I wonder what odds one would get on him not finishing that.... 3/1?

He did joke in the press conference that it was a 3&1/2 week contract.....
Starting this for all the fans of London's ONLY football club worth supporting.

Let's start with the hot topics:
Our administration.
Neil Warnock leaving to QPR

Think we still got a future? What do we need to do, lads?

Latest