Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've put some money on QPR to win, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCFCchris)
    Yes haha, 3 hours or so travelling not too bad! Not as bad as Bournemouth though took like 5 and a half hours! Atleast we won though

Can't remember that game, my memory aint the best mate!
    Hope to see your lot back in the football league where you belong. Don't worry, in league 2 barely any none local teams bring many fans..think the worst was Barnet...bought about 60 on a cold tuesday night for the LDV vans trophy game ;P think they won though. There's alot more doom than there is gloom in the lower league's matey! We got pretty lucky this year and stand a very good chance of me seeing Notts finish in the top half for the 2nd time since I've been supporting them (15 odd years).
    I just think its pretty impossible to go up due to the lack of places to go up. One automatic, the other the play-offs, more should come down from L2 like in the other Football Leagues, although all you L2 guys will be happy only two go down, just its a nightmare for teams who go down to BSP as you've pretty much got to only lose a couple to be sure you will go up, and its not easy when you got the bigger teams like Luton and Mansfield all coming down, its just a bit of a struggle. Coming back up...right now i just don't see it with us.

At least you're getting your happy times now, but all the best.

ReputationRep:
    Good point at Swansea today, clean sheet as well. Looking at the positives, most results went our way today, we're out of the relegation zone, and we've conceded 1 goal in three games. We've played 3 teams in the top 5 and got 4 points. Onto Preston now on Tuesday, let's bag a win there!

ReputationRep:
    Good result for the Owls today. Our game sounded dire and yet again haven't played very well. Season almost over now, don't think we'll make 6th place.

ReputationRep:
    Southampton had a great result today and alot of the other results went in our favour, could still snatch a playoff place...

3-3 with MK Dons. Not toooooo bad. They went ahead in the 93rd minute, we equalised in the 94th. :gah: Carl Cort only scores the most crucial goals.

ReputationRep:
    We're almost safe now, just two more wins needed to make sure. Can't wait to see Emmanuel-Thomas' goal again on the Football League show, it looked like a great goal from where I was sat. We made hard work of the win though.

ReputationRep:
    EI EI EI O
    UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO

Another dirty win for us against Huddersfield and dirty Leeds lost to Southampton...

Millwall for 2nd anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Wrexham. Another season in the BSP next season as no chance of us going up.
    Booing an ex player as he is being stretchered off with his leg broken in 2 places is not what anybody wants. And if thats what football league is all about you can keep it. I thought you lot were a decent bunch until that happened (Dean "Mad Cap" Saunders aside that is)

It's not what football league is all about though. That'd be a very isolated case, let's be fair.

ReputationRep:
    Went to Oldham vs Wycombe yesterday. Two distinctly average League 1 teams producing a distinctly average game. Another example of Wycombe unable to finish the game off, 2-1 up with 4 minutes left and BAM we concede a penalty. 2-2, felt like a loss and made the 3 and a half hour journey home feel like 6.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bighairedmike)
    Booing an ex player as he is being stretchered off with his leg broken in 2 places is not what anybody wants. And if thats what football league is all about you can keep it. I thought you lot were a decent bunch until that happened (Dean "Mad Cap" Saunders aside that is)
    Don't judge us all like that. Yeah, every team has fans that are idiots, and its usually the little chavs you get that just go there to stir crap..but not everyone who supports the club is like that. Yeah, i agree, it's not acceptable that they did that, i liked Kearney whilst with us...other Wrexham fans differ...but not all of us would do/did that, so whilst some of us our decent you've got the others who are not... just like pretty much every club you come across.

ReputationRep:
    LOVING life as a Reading fan at the moment.

Top of the championship form table, 6 wins in our last 7, Kebe's on fire, and we've got the best manager in the league in McDermott!

We may be still in the bottom half of the table, but win our games in hand (and in the form we're in this seems likely) and we'll move into the play-off spots!

COME ON YOU ROYALS!!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ra-ra-ra)
    Don't judge us all like that. Yeah, every team has fans that are idiots, and its usually the little chavs you get that just go there to stir crap..but not everyone who supports the club is like that. Yeah, i agree, it's not acceptable that they did that, i liked Kearney whilst with us...other Wrexham fans differ...but not all of us would do/did that, so whilst some of us our decent you've got the others who are not... just like pretty much every club you come across.
    Sorry, i just got really pissed off by it. The other night though it wasn't "just a chavvy minority". Granted it was a minority that sang "You're going home in a wrexham ambulance" but i'd actually say it was 2/3rds of the ground booing as he went off.

I do respect the fans that either denounced the people doing it and visibly told them to shut up or clapped him off (as a fair few did to be fair). Fact remains it was a massive majority booing a player that was your captain who was obviously in serious pain. Still riles me.

ReputationRep:
    9 points clear, top of the table can it get better?
    ROCHDALE :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bighairedmike)
    Sorry, i just got really pissed off by it. The other night though it wasn't "just a chavvy minority". Granted it was a minority that sang "You're going home in a wrexham ambulance" but i'd actually say it was 2/3rds of the ground booing as he went off.

I do respect the fans that either denounced the people doing it and visibly told them to shut up or clapped him off (as a fair few did to be fair). Fact remains it was a massive majority booing a player that was your captain who was obviously in serious pain. Still riles me.
    Fair enough, but i wouldn't wish that on anyone even if he didn't make the best of impressions for us...but lets be honest its hard for one player to make such an impact when the rest of the team are as bad as each other. I'm pretty sure he joined when it was all change for us too meaning no one knew each other and so it was like a new football club starting for everyone. But hey...just remember, we're not all like that :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yay, looks like Ridsdale is finally buggering off from our club. God damn hope so this time.

ReputationRep:
    If we win away at Peterborough tomorrow we could only be two points off the playoffs. :gasp: Daft.

ReputationRep:
    The Football League has a new sponsor. We'll be playing in the Npower Championship next season.

ReputationRep:
    Lose or draw tonight and our season is over! But win tonight and the season may not be over. Please please, for Blackwell's sake.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.