Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morg)
    yeaaaaaaahh, Worcester ftw
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Urgh, just realised what a grim prospect League 1 might be, let's face it, no exciting matches at all except Leeds if they stay down, then maybe Charlton and Southampton.

Anyway, Plymouth are down now...one more spot to fill
    Charlton is always a good away day IMO. I hope they come up but doubt it!

I'm going to Newcastle v Ipswich on saturday so will have no idea how our final home game is going or your game at Cardiff. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Palace fan here. Not sure if we'll stay up or not change my mind by the minute!

We love you we love you we love you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Xq1TtXesI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Wish I can be as confident as you but you can get 1st...you can't be 3rd, you're second no matter what, it's typical for teams to relax now. Crystal Palace are fighting for their lives, and if they see an opportunity to be safe next Monday, then they will probably go for it.

Really? Wow, just looked at this map of the League 1 teams, you're right! - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009%E2...all_League_One Well unfortunately, we won't treat you as a derby, just another team I'm afraid :p: We have maybe Leeds and possibly Rotherham/Chesterfield as our closest rivals. Urgh, just realised what a grim prospect League 1 might be, let's face it, no exciting matches at all except Leeds if they stay down, then maybe Charlton and Southampton.

Anyway, Plymouth are down now...one more spot to fill

See what I mean! so many Southern teams! If there's any team we could do one over next year it'd be Brizzol Rovazzz!!!

You're right it aint a derby..but about as close as we're gonna get ! haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCFCchris)
    See what I mean! so many Southern teams! If there's any team we could do one over next year it'd be Brizzol Rovazzz!!!

well, it wouldn't be a problem if you hadn't cheated your way out of the northern league 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V1NY)
    Unlucky Argyle. Must've been hard seeing the toon fans invading your pitch
    That happened to us last year. We got relegated on the last day of the season, and Leicester had their promotion party on our pitch. We had a laugh with some of the Leicester fans, but the hardest thing was seeing them so happy, and us feeling so low

Anyway, at least Crewe have a boring end to the season this year! :woo: Hopefully it will be more exciting next year, at the right end of the table

ReputationRep:

Can Port Vale still go up via the Play-Offs maybe? If they did, which is highly unlikely, wouldn't that be more of a derby for you?

I hope they don't go up though. That would be our derby out of the window :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Err..they're about the same distance from Notts really but i'm hoping they do as i'll be at staffs next year so right on my door step! I think they're 3 points off the play offs..so possible..they've got us this saturday though..we've won 7 on the bounce so from their perspective they have to put in one hell of a performance!

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha, all entitled to our opinions aint we. Admitedly we did sign players such as Kasper and Hughes due to these funds being promised..our new owners turned out to be full of **** and con artists..we were taken over by Ray Trew who has kept us out of admin, we are now running within the 60% wage cap in league two, he is paying off our debts, which are now at about 4 million ish. Brentford went up with 10 mil debt last year, no one said anything then did they..We have a team of players who are capable of league one football, perhapssome of them will not be there next season, Funds supposedly available for this summer for Cotterill who fingers crossed will stay on as manager, 14 games, 12 wins, 2 draws..not a bad start ay! CHEATS? MY ******* ARSE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chairboy1)
    well, it wouldn't be a problem if you hadn't cheated your way out of the northern league 2
    look up!

ReputationRep:
    look up!
    ...for a good part of the season you were cheating, you were nowhere near 60%, nearer 360%! If you hadn't have cheated and gone way over the wage cap, you would never have got in the players who have got you promoted...even if lee hughes is a murdering scumbag, he's a bloody good player at that level.

Brentford went up with 10 mil debt last year, no one said anything then did they.
    More like six million and it's all still left over from years ago as we don't make that much money now being fan-owned. We had one of the smaller wage bills in the league when we won the league last year and nearly everyone came in on a free or a loan. The debt is now being paid off by a bloke who's supported us all his life, made a modest fortune and is able to give us a million a year till it's sorted. We don't have any tycoons or anything like that. We're incredibly poor but also very well run.

ReputationRep:
    well we've got 1 million more debt, which is now down atleast a third or so..so what is the difference..that we have players who we can't afford? well we seem to be coping alright..running within the budget, we've had an embargo on us and had to cope with a very thin and tiring squad, yet still look like being crowned champions, our players, coaching staffs, backroom staff, fans and of course anyone else connected to the club deserve a huge congratulations, especially the players after all the effort which has been put in, a thoroughly deserved potential title for the Notts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chairboy1)
    ...for a good part of the season you were cheating, you were nowhere near 60%, nearer 360%! If you hadn't have cheated and gone way over the wage cap, you would never have got in the players who have got you promoted...even if lee hughes is a murdering scumbag, he's a bloody good player at that level.
    Yeah like I said..we were taken over by some foreign ***** who wanted nothing more put to make a profit for themselves, not the club! They took money out of the club without putting anything back in, the majority of our current debt is supposedly owed to people such as them, not to mention Sven's chaffeur and the bills for his penthouse! 5k a week! Yes of course we could have done without that, but we thought there was funds available and if there is money available and you have sven at your club..what do you do? make sure he's happy as he's very well respected in football and of course..you use the money! unfortunately for us there was no money they were crooks, we are victims here! we could quite easily have gone out of business, for our decent long suffering loyal fans, that would have been heart break! so give it a rest, after this season it will all be history!

Portsmouth looked like they could afford the overpriced players they brought in for a while. They won the FA Cup and put in a spirited performance in Europe, then it all came crashing down. The difference is therefore that Brentford haven't brought in any overpriced players whatsoever, which you have. As choirboy said, Lee Hughes is far too good for League Two, not to mention the vast majority of League One. A lot of the staff present at NCFC do deserve congratulations - it's just a shame that those who don't deserve it will share in those honours.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone deserves it just as much as each other. Kasper will be leaving at the end of the season, with a possibility of coming back on loan. Hughes and Davies will be at Meadow Lane, prooving we CAN afford these 2, which have become the back bone of our side. Akinbiyi is over paid horse ****, he'll be leaving along with perhaps Johnnie Jackson who is easily good enough for league one. I rate him highly but he will be 5 times the player in league 1 than he was in league 2, along with karl hawley, i can see him leaving aswell..so it's not as if we're not sorting our mess out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Portsmouth looked like they could afford the overpriced players they brought in for a while. They won the FA Cup and put in a spirited performance in Europe, then it all came crashing down. The difference is therefore that Brentford haven't brought in any overpriced players whatsoever, which you have. As choirboy said, Lee Hughes is far too good for League Two, not to mention the vast majority of League One. A lot of the staff present at NCFC do deserve congratulations - it's just a shame that those who don't deserve it will share in those honours.
    Lee Hughes would struggle to make our bench.

(Original post by QED)
    Lee Hughes would struggle to make our bench.
    You're a special case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    You're a special case.
    I wish this was the only context in which that statement is appropriate when applied to me. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Got my ticket for Sheff Wed last day of the season!

up the Palace

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.