Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rockrunride)
Blackpool in the Premier League anyone?
Yes please, if only to have Ian Holloway on MotD

But in truth I think Forest would have a better chance of survival in the Premiership so realistically I'd like to see them go up (and hopefully next season we'll see Bolton and Wigan finally get stuck in the relegation places where they belong :p: Bolton and Wigan have such useless defences that it's an absolute miracle they keep avoiding the drop...and in the case of Wigan, the likes of Jason Scotland aren't really helping them up front, either - it took him longer to get his first goal than it took Diego Forlan at Man Utd)
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Truthfully, I think Leicester would fare a bit better than Forest in the Premiership. They seem more consistently solid, whereas Forest were very much a "destroy teams at home, get beaten away". Although having said that, I think neither Forest nor Leicester are ready for the Premiership just yet - although they're probably both in a better position than Burnley or Hull were.
Jangrafess
Badges: 16
Report 8 years ago
If Ian Holloway is ever on MotD I will never watch it again. What a ******* ******.
Phobia27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wednesday release their retained list, yay - http://www.swfc.co.uk/page/News/0,,1...044277,00.html

Frank Simek (injury prone), Sean McAllister (rubbish), Etienne Esajas (injury prone/inconsistent), Michael Gray (old/rubbish), Leon Clarke (inconsistent), Francis Jeffers (old/rubbish/inconsistent/injury prone/EVERYTHING)
Jangrafess
Report 8 years ago
I bet some other poor foolish lower half Championship club signs Jeffers. Hopefully QPR.
DJB_1990
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
We've announced ours too. The players leaving are Paul Heffernan, Lewis Guy, Sean McDaid, Charles Fisher, John Spicer and Ben Smith. The players we've offered new deals to are Mark Wilson, Gareth Roberts, Neil Sullivan, Mustapha Dumbuya, James Hayter, Adam Lockwood, John Oster, Robbie Clark, Waide Fairhurst and Gary Woods. Can't argue with that really though I'm disappointed to see Heffs and McDaid leave. Hopefully this means that we are freeing up wages to bring some decent players in.
Jimmothy
Report 8 years ago
I am glad that Argyle have announced they are bringing in a new manager for next season. As spirited as Mariner is, he just can't cut it tactically; so hopefully an experienced appointment will see us challenging to get back into the Championship!
V1NY
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well done Leeds... I guess
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Leeds :no:. How disappointing.
LUFC Tom
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fantastic. Didn't think we were going to do it thourght we were gunna bugger it up again but then we never do it the easy way. Looking foward to next season and all the yorkshire derbies. Shame wednesday went down and even though I don't like them hope Huddersfield come up as well.
Jangrafess
Report 8 years ago
**** the Lids.

At least Gillingham went down, so I suppose I can look at it as two of the scummiest teams in the league going.
Kitty_x
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like how Stockport and Gillingham have gone down.. they both have beaten Rochdale in the play off's for the last two seasons, and now Rochdale are going up
OxfordGoBrach
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I like how Bournemouth just took 2nd, more desperately needed money for the club should be useful, what with the debt problem at the club.
Tricky_Tree
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ian Holloway's views:

IAN Holloway reckons the Seasiders will have to play "the best they've ever played" to see off Nottingham Forest and make it to Wembley.
Pool take a 2-1 lead to the City Ground, with the winners after tomorrow's showdown heading to the Championship play-off final.
Holloway is happy enough with a one-goal advantage, but he's well aware that Forest have won 18 of their 23 home matches this season.
And that's why he knows only a top-notch performance, as good as anything he's seen all year, will be good enough to secure an aggregate victory.
"Forest know they are brilliant at home. They just know that. You only have to look at their record this season," said the boss.
"But we've got nothing to fear and we've got to go there and try to play. A little fillip for us is that we did manage to go there and win 1-0 earlier in the season. Whether it was luck or not, we did it.
"If we can get lucky in this next one then I'll take it.
"But we can't rely on that.
"We've got to play the best we've ever played in our lives to beat a very good team, who I know will have settled for a 2-1."

I am going to the match tomorrow evening. I feel confident we can overcome the goal they scored. If we come flying out of the blocks and get an early goal, we'll rush them and get the two goal win required.

There is little teams can they do when we are flying at home (Ask Leicester and QPR fans). I am disappointed we didn't win the first leg, we did well for the first half and then Blackpool took over.

I am looking forward to see how their players will adapt to a big, wide pitch without little bobbles in it! I hope their players will freeze and the pundits and everyone else who wants Blackpool to get to the Premiership will be disappointed!

Lets see how their following will cope with 29,000 Forest fans. We can do it!!
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I see that the FL have accepted this new parachute payment deal. Very disappointing, I had hoped that the FL would have had more about them.
jonzza
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tricky_Tree)
I am going to the match tomorrow evening. I feel confident we can overcome the goal they scored. If we come flying out of the blocks and get an early goal, we'll rush them and get the two goal win required.
Yeah as a Blackpool fan I think it's pretty likely that if you get the first goal you'll go on to win it; we don't have the players to park the bus so I reckon we will go all out attack and probably concede early by getting the offside trap wrong or something. The fact that you lot haven't conceded at home in 8 games is a pretty scary stat

Not that we don't have a chance though; if our midfield is in the right frame of mind and don't keep on giving away stupid stray through balls to no-where like in the first half on Saturday and the first half against Bristol City then I reckon we'll put up a good fight.

Didn't think I'd be so nervous about the game to be honest, have been thinking I wouldn't really mind that much if we went out as getting to the play-offs in itself is the best thing that's happened to the club in 40 odd years but have got definite butterflies when I think about the possibility of Wembley now!

God knows what would happen if we got into the Premier League, I think we'd just take the money and run back to the Championship, hopefully getting at least a couple more points than Derby in the process though!
Jangrafess
Report 8 years ago
Brentford's retained list came out today. Absolutely no surprises, all we've done is get rid of some dross and put one of the guys who was out on loan up for transfer.
Tricky_Tree
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jonzza)
Yeah as a Blackpool fan I think it's pretty likely that if you get the first goal you'll go on to win it; we don't have the players to park the bus so I reckon we will go all out attack and probably concede early by getting the offside trap wrong or something. The fact that you lot haven't conceded at home in 8 games is a pretty scary stat

Not that we don't have a chance though; if our midfield is in the right frame of mind and don't keep on giving away stupid stray through balls to no-where like in the first half on Saturday and the first half against Bristol City then I reckon we'll put up a good fight.

Didn't think I'd be so nervous about the game to be honest, have been thinking I wouldn't really mind that much if we went out as getting to the play-offs in itself is the best thing that's happened to the club in 40 odd years but have got definite butterflies when I think about the possibility of Wembley now!

God knows what would happen if we got into the Premier League, I think we'd just take the money and run back to the Championship, hopefully getting at least a couple more points than Derby in the process though!
If Blackpool prevent us winning tonight, they are deserve to go to the final.

This is Forest though, we always mess things up! I'm already well nervous, I just hope we keep Adam quiet.

Had Davies in the paper today talking about the game, he seems pretty pumped..

Forest are unbeaten in 20 on home turf, where they have also won 14 of their last 15 outings – and have not even conceded a goal in eight games.

And Davies will instruct his side to go all out to extend that run tonight.

"Robert Earnshaw is definitely in my thinking for the team," said Davies.

"We are intending to score goals tonight, so we will play many goal scorers.

"We will throw everything we have got at it.

"We are going to go all out to score. If they score, we will score three.

"If they score three, we will try to score five.

"We know what we have to do. We can sit and talk about being cautious, about doing whatever.

"But it is what it is. We have to go out and be as attack-minded as we have been all season.

"We have to get the job done against Blackpool and get to the final."

Davies has told his players simply to enjoy the experience – and to make sure they can say they have given their all by the time the final whistle blows.

"Whoever is meant to go through will do, because I am a great believer in fate," he said.

"But we turned them over last time here, it should have been 6-0. Even they will know that.

"Ian Holloway will know that, at the City Ground, we can make it a really tough place to play.

" He will know that and he will be ready.

I think the winner of the play offs will come from our side though, whether it is Blackpool or Forest. :woo:
ipswichblade
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tricky_Tree)

I think the winner of the play offs will come from our side though, whether it is Blackpool or Forest. :woo:
God, I hope so!
DJB_1990
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Blackpool :top2:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (17)
94.44%
No (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads