Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ipswichblade)
    Haha, you're right - I checked on: http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/kits/brentfrd.gif

Maybe it's a red and white striped thing.
    I like the way it looks like we've only had sponsors twice! I miss that St Georges cross kit. Aah.

Yeah, but at least us red and white striped teams have the best colours. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    I like the way it looks like we've only had sponsors twice! I miss that St Georges cross kit. Aah.

Yeah, but at least us red and white striped teams have the best colours. :cool:
    Yes, true. :yep: :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like that home shirt. We're getting a new home kit AGAIN which means we've had a new home kit every year since 2004! I bet no other football league clubs can beat this. Most release a shirt and it lasts for two seasons before it is then changed again. We haven't seen the design yet but hope it's better than last seasons.
    I think you'll find most lower league clubs do that mate, we've had a new kit every season for god knows how long, even if it's just thicker stripes or a collar or something small, it's a good way for a team averaging smaller gates to generate cash. I quite like getting a new kit each season if i'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCFCchris)
    I think you'll find most lower league clubs do that mate, we've had a new kit every season for god knows how long, even if it's just thicker stripes or a collar or something small, it's a good way for a team averaging smaller gates to generate cash. I quite like getting a new kit each season if i'm honest.
    We never use to do it. Other clubs in the championship don't have a new kit every year-Forest and Ipswich to name just 2. Maybe it's more likely in leagues 1 and 2.

I wouldn't mind if we actually had a decent manufacturer but the quality of macron is poor.

ReputationRep:
    It does happen a lot in the lower leagues.
    At Huddersfield, we used to change home and away shirts on alternate years, so each shirt was kept for two seasons. Recently, even with the same manufacturer, we've been getting new home and away ones each year.
    It's fair play, really. You see a lot of people in the crowd with the new shirts each season, so it works.

We're still waiting on our home kit. I expect it to be more or less that same as the new away kit, but with blue and white.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yep, same with us at MK Dons. Very rarely (if ever) has a kit been used for more than one season.

ReputationRep:
    We never use to do it. Other clubs in the championship don't have a new kit every year-Forest and Ipswich to name just 2. Maybe it's more likely in leagues 1 and 2.

I wouldn't mind if we actually had a decent manufacturer but the quality of macron is poor.
    I wouldn't consider the Championship lower league :P

We released our new kit today, literally nothing has changed, the nike ticket is red instead of black, and a new sponsor, the socks have a white line thing on it, that's about it. Still going to get it though. Got to keep the collection going! Forest have had 3 new kits in last like 8 seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tchaparian)
    It does happen a lot in the lower leagues.
    At Huddersfield, we used to change home and away shirts on alternate years, so each shirt was kept for two seasons. Recently, even with the same manufacturer, we've been getting new home and away ones each year.
    It's fair play, really. You see a lot of people in the crowd with the new shirts each season, so it works.

We're still waiting on our home kit. I expect it to be more or less that same as the new away kit, but with blue and white.
    Your away kit last year was well good! You going to be making the trip to Meadow Lane on the opening day?

Reputable source:

"Brentford are preparing a 78p kitty to bring the German trio Lukas Podolski, Thomas Muller to Griffin Park. Manager Andy Scott is hoping to bolster his midfield options in the hopes of making a promotion bid next season. "It's really a case of adding strength in depth," he said. "Last season, we weren't able to cope with injuries to important midfield players. We think the German lads could do a job for us - maybe they make the difference in the important part of the season and push us over the line into a play-off place."

Scott may have his work cut out if he is to sign all three of his targets, however. The deal for Muller looks all but set in stone after Brentford agreed a 27p price with Bayern last night: Muller was pictured arriving for a medical on Monday morning. Podolski looks set to follow soon after, as part of a deal that will see striker Carl Cort move in the other direction to FC Koln. The Bees will pay 20p, but will be sad to see the back of talismanic Cort, who has scored 6 goals in in 29 appearances since he moved to Brentford last year.

But it is the chase for Ozil's signature which is causing Scott the worst headaches, after Brentford have had their initial 31p bid for the playmaker rebuffed by Werder Bremen. The club record package was thought to have been made up of a ten pence piece, two five pence pieces, and a further 11p in coppers - which Chairman Greg Dyke is said to have found down the side of his sofa. Bremen Chairman Klaus-Dieter Fischer described the offer as "unsatisfactory". In a Q&A with German press, Fischer said, "A player who's had a World Cup like Mesut's is worth at least a fifty pence piece. We'd like to continue talking with Brentford, but only if they're going to get serious about the kind of change this player is worth."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NCFCchris)
    I wouldn't consider the Championship lower league :P

We released our new kit today, literally nothing has changed, the nike ticket is red instead of black, and a new sponsor, the socks have a white line thing on it, that's about it. Still going to get it though. Got to keep the collection going! Forest have had 3 new kits in last like 8 seasons.
    I consider any league below the premiership lower league.

ReputationRep:
    We've scheduled a press conference for tomorrow, hopefully to announce the signing of Billy Sharp.:eek: Wow, I never thought we had a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard he will sign for you tomorrow. Pleased for him, hope he does well for you.

ReputationRep:
    There we go, official confirmation...

The tranfer fee is £1.15m smashing our previous transfer record by 4x. How we managed to pull this off I never know, well done DRFC. Excellent signing. :top:

Very nice. I wish I could see something like that at Griffin Park.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder who our next signing will be.

Your star signing is Ryan Dickson, you don't need anyone else with him in the team.

ReputationRep:
    Ryan Dickson and Frazer Richardson thus far. Expecting maybe another winger, central midfielder and striker.

Brentford have signed a ridiculous number of players. And got rid of loads too. Nicky Forster is our star signing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJB_1990)
    There we go, official confirmation...

The tranfer fee is £1.15m smashing our previous transfer record by 4x. How we managed to pull this off I never know, well done DRFC. Excellent signing. :top:
    Hope he does well for ya. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Brentford have signed a ridiculous number of players. And got rid of loads too. Nicky Forster is our star signing.
    Wycombe and Brentford do seem to be doing swapsies with each other. What with Foster, Strevens and Bull coming our way and Woodman and McCracken (Ok, not directly to Brentford, but still :p: ) going your way. Will be interesting to see how they all turn out.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.